Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: TR USF/IOA and WDW  (Read 1422 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
TR USF/IOA and WDW
« on: July 31, 2006, 11:20:32 PM »
Well we were away all week at USF/IOA and WDW . Arived last Sunday the 23rd of July at the Hard Rock Hotel . While staying on site you get the universal express which I will tell you is the BEST thing about staying there . We went right to USF and did a few rides . The only coaster there is the mummy but with over an hour wait we were happy to have the express with less then a 15 min wait. All I can say is it was more then I though it would be . Very good we had to ride it over 7 or 8 times while we were there. All the rides at USF were good my son at 4 loves MIB and the jimmy newtron ride. Over to IOA not as much to do for the 4 year old but he loves spiderman and the raft ride as well a Jurrisic park. The older kids had more fun at IOA with the hulk and duling dragons. After spending 5 days there in both parks and at the hotel we will NEVER stay off site again . For example on day the hulk line was over 80 min. We waited maybe 15 mn with the express. Well worth the money. We had a great time there and will have to go back soon. :)

Sad to leave we headed over to WDW Friday morning . With no room ready at 8 :30am we headed over to Animal kindom by 9:30 AM and the fast passes were already to 12:00  for Expedition Everest. With fast passes for EE we went over to dinosuar and the spinning coaster over there not bad but not great . Did a bugs life and then went to EE for our rides . We got two rides because we had 5 fast passes with only 3 people riding while one adult waited for a parent swap . It worked out well for us . I have to say it was very good and we were very suprised by going backwards on a WDW ride I don't know if I would wait over an hour for it but it was good. Off to Epcot and on to get a Test Track fast pass and suprise ,suprise a "suprise" fast pass for mission space. I didn't do the "spinning" side but my kids and hubby did . My DS couldn't ride at 4 ( thank goodness) so the three thrill seekers went for the spinning side they did say that they felt pressure on their faces and chest but that it wasn't unbearable. I did not do the spinning side and was kind of glad because I didn't feel so great after the MILD side. Other rides we did at epcot were sorin , test track , turtle talk with crush which is very funny . Also did space ship earth . After that off to Magic kingdom and the extra magic hours. the park was open till 2 AM . Went on all the favorites but waited till the end for pirates of the carribean . During the day it was over an hour wait with no fast pass. We went on to see the up grades with jack sparrow . It was good to see Jack and everyone was excited but still pirates to me. Off to our room at 1:30 min the morning. Next day off to MGM off to Tower of terror which is very good this time lots of dropping. Then to RNR and still a good ride for mgm. Back to magic kindom to finish off the park . All in all we had a good time After my time in south carolina this week ,at the beach to relax. I will post photos when we get home.  Tired now off to sleep :).

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: TR USF/IOA and WDW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 11:27:15 PM »
Wow, you really spent 5 days at Ioa/usf that's amazing. Looking forward to seeing  your pictures.   I miss my mummy!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 09:07:57 AM »
Your IOA comments are exactly why I've only been there while on business or with friends in recent years.  There just isn't enough to do with my 4 year old and 1 year old.  I am surprised though that you could tolerate either park for 5 days!!!  You could never do the same thing twice @ WDW and still not do everything in 5 days where as USF and IOA are 2 days for both IMO.

Glad you stayed on site though!  It makes all the difference in the world.  What WDW resort did you stay at?  This makes a HUGE difference in the overall experience there as well (though obviously price becomes a issue).  You stay for Wishes?  Reflections of Earth?  Fastasmic?

Glad you had a good time.. Esp during some of the hottest and most humid weather you could ask for in FL.  Hopefully it cools down in 3 weeks!  Enjoy SC and watchout for hurricanes LOL

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 10:55:02 PM »
Hey Wade IOA was OK but the 4 year old had some down time there . Spiderman was the best for him and thank goodness we were on site so the expres really helped out there. We were there for 5 days but we really did some major rerides and some relaxing at the pool . The HRH has a really great pool and it was worth it just for the 5 min . walk to USF and 10 min walk for us slow folk to IOA.

At WDW we always stay at Port orleans Riverside. It is the only "deal" of a place to stay with 5 to a room. We did stay for the wishes fireworks and the spectramagic parade . we have seen fantasmic before and are going back to WDW maybe next summer. the best thing we did was buy the 10 day hopper that never expires. It was alittle pricey but they are good forever ,include the water parks and we still have 8 days left on ours that can be used at any time.

Bubbaz I know what you mean about mummy I miss my Mummy too !!!  ;D One great ride there,  now I know why kong is gone .

I will post photos after we go through them and down load them from the laptop to the computer at home.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 10:58:23 PM by coastermom »