Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: SMF Help  (Read 1291 times)

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
SMF Help
« on: August 05, 2006, 06:02:22 PM »
Well since you guys are the experts on it, I was wondering if you guys could help me. A friend of mine wants forums on his site and I suggested SMF. I installed them and they were fine. I then tried to install TinyPortal and everything went downhill from there. If any of you can offer me help of any kind, I should be on AIM.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: SMF Help
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 08:20:39 PM »
Honestly, it was mostly trial and error and lots and lots of research and testing.  The SMF boards have a lot of good support details.  Also take a look at the exact version we are running because specific versions caused most of the problems.

SMF 1.1 RC2 & TP 0.8.6 seem to be most compatible.  Yes, you are better off running a RC version of SMF lol.

And just think, we also had to deal with converters, etc. to get our PHPBB boards and accounts moved over which also only support specific versions that don't support TP lol

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Re: SMF Help
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 08:55:21 PM »
Thanks for the tips. I am looking at the support pages for TinyPortal and what not. In all honesty, I dont feel like creating a homepage for my friend so I figure I would give tiny portal a shot and see what I could come up with. Did you guys use the package manager to upload TinyPortal?