Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Busch Garden Europe 8/4 Photo TR  (Read 1910 times)

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
Busch Garden Europe 8/4 Photo TR
« on: August 05, 2006, 12:41:22 AM »
Part I
Went down to Virginia for a two days with my family. The first day we went to Water Country USA.

The park was pretty busy considering it was 106 degrees !

Didn't manage to grab any photos of the slides because I was rushed by my family.  >:( They have some pretty cool rides inside the park. Two note-worthy attractions were the hubba-hubba highway and aquazoid. In case you don't know what the hubba-hubba highway is it is just a interactive lazy river with just life jackets no tubes. And aquazoid is one of the best family raft rides around. After conquering all the rides a few times it was time to leave.

Next morning we got lost on the way to finding breakfast we stumbled upon the Great Wolf Lodge. We went inside to see what all the fuss is all about these places. It was a pretty nice looking hotel from the inside and out.

After a few minutes we left and went straight to the park.

Yep Worlds Most Beautiful Theme Park

Upon entering the park we waited til opening and rode the train to the Itlay stop and went to Apollo's Chariot.

The trims were on this morning but it is still a fantastic coaster. Manged to grab three quick rides on it and went straight to the Roman Rapids to cool off. I was friggen soaked after I got off that ride.

Part II Coming Tomorrow Night - Here is a teaser

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: Busch Garden Europe 8/4 Photo TR
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 01:19:51 AM »
^ they are definitely not messing around!   At W.C.USA my favorite's were  the lemon drop, peppermint twist,  rampage and nitro racer. Now to think of it Aquazoid went underground a little bit didn't it, was that the black slide ? If so that was cool as well. 

I was thinking of going to BGE this year for darkastle but I guess I can wait for the new coaster as well .

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 12:18:12 AM »
After the Roman Rapids we went over to ride the Big Bad Wolf. Once again the trims were on on the last drop over the lake. No wait for this classic rode in the second row and it still a delivers a good ride considering its age.

Next up was Darkastle. This was a huge disapointment for me ! You can not compare this to Spiderman at all ! There was no atmosphere in the ride just screen after screen with a small amount of effects. The the inside and outside query were the highlights of the ride.

Afterward we ate at the Festhaus and watched the band play. Alpengeist was on tap next. No wait for any row except fot the first row. Grabbed two ride in the back and left to ride Le Scoot.

Headed over to the skyway to grab some photos of the construction site.

Rode the lochness two times, walked around Ireland. Didn't bother to ride Corkscrew Hill becuase sometimes I get pretty messed up on those motion simulators. Wondered over to pompeii, and watched pirates 4-D on the way out. Came back later in the night to watch Kinetix and went back to the hotel.

Ride Ratings (Out of 10)
Apollo's Chariot - 9
Alpengeist - 8.7
Loch Ness Monster -6.4
Big Bad Wolf  - 6.8
Darkastle- 7
Pompeii - 7.1
Le Scoot - 2
Roman Rapids -5

Offline CoasterPete

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 10:19:21 PM »
Nice report!  It's been about 7 years since I've been to this park and I'm glad to see it still looks great.  Definately will have to make a stop here next year.  Thanks!

Pete
Florida's hidden secret.....the Dania Beach Hurricane!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 11:26:55 AM »
I will be hitting this park next year (maybe this year) it's been like 10 years for me
This is one of the reasons below.

www.buschgardens.com/bgw/ftp_newfor2007.aspx
Yo

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 12:27:40 PM »
They still have Pirates 4D? That's a great show. I was upset when they took it out of Sea World San DIego and replaced it with that stupid Lighthouse one.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/