Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: New rides for 2007 ?  (Read 4953 times)

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
New rides for 2007 ?
« on: August 16, 2006, 02:54:09 PM »
Found this on screamscape

2007 - New Attraction(s) - Rumor - (8/16/06) According to the rumor mill the park could add two small attractions next season. One will be a new family ride of some kind while the other could be a thrill ride from S&S. If the closing of the Freefall is a sign, perhaps the park may be planning on replacing it with a new style tower ride. Of course S&S makes a few good new style flat rides as well, so maybe they?ll go for their own giant Screamin? Swing. It?s all rumor right now... anyone know more?
Yo

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Re: New rides for 2007 ?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 03:36:27 PM »
I got a email from some one addressed to GAInsider saying that they know some one...yada yada yada...and that we are getting a Thrill Ride from S&S and possibly a family ride. So this was probably the same email screamscape got. We will see what the park has in store for us later this season if they announce something officially.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 03:43:40 PM »
I've gotten simliar emails over the last 3 years.  Eventually this person will be right I guess lol

Offline MRHSfalcon

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 04:43:15 PM »
From what i heard on my last day we are getting a thrill ride or two. for those of who dont know i was released by the new management, because of the budget issues.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 04:56:38 PM »
I've gotten simliar emails over the last 3 years.  Eventually this person will be right I guess lol
Hes gotta win sometime. :P Unless he has a really bad streak of luck.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 06:47:22 PM »
From what i heard on my last day we are getting a thrill ride or two. for those of who dont know i was released by the new management, because of the budget issues.
Bummer :(.  I hate to ever hear such a thing and I really do hope you are able to pickup something else soon.  And I hope management has learned enough lessons on what not to do for next season.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 12:53:17 PM »
^ Lets hope they learned a lesson

Anyway on S&S, Thats really intresting, I guess it could happen, a Screamin Swing, MaXair or a S&S Tower would be a GREAT thing to see, We have space for all of them so lets hope the rumor holds some truth
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 01:01:25 PM »
I don't know about an S&S, they could be going bankrupt soon.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 01:03:46 AM »
^ The 4-D in Japan will determine that... :-\

Offline Kracka08

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 11:06:17 PM »
I wish they could get a bigger version of Skyhawk at CP.  That is a very fun ride and IMO its not too scary for the younger kids who dont fit on the kid rides anymore and are too small to fit on the bigger coasters.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 08:50:13 AM »
/\  Has anybody heard/read about how reliable Skyhawk has been?  Just curious.  I agree, a ride like that would be a great addition.  We could end up with 1 or 2 decent rides for under 5 million and actually have money left to FIX the crap that isn't working well.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 06:16:43 PM »
^ Hey Wade, Fix is a very big word in the SFI dictionary, not many people know the true meaning of it

Offline KingdakaRoxmysox

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 08:57:29 PM »
Ha i also got laid of but they gave me the choice to come over to HH im now a lifeguard, but they better not take down freefall, and what about chiller i have no clue about that, but i hope it doesnt shut down .
~~~~chris~~~~

Offline Kracka08

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 08:40:34 PM »
/\  Has anybody heard/read about how reliable Skyhawk has been?  Just curious.  I agree, a ride like that would be a great addition.  We could end up with 1 or 2 decent rides for under 5 million and actually have money left to FIX the crap that isn't working well.

It didnt break down once the five days I was there, but i might have caught it on a good week. 

Offline matt

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 02:21:05 AM »
Im hope we get a maxair type ride. I couldn't get enough of it at CP. Plus its a people eater, something a big park like GA needs.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 04:14:12 AM »
Too bad Huss filed for bankruptcy. One day we will get a frisbee of some sort and wont get rid of it. I would love to see something new out there on the market.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2006, 09:35:18 AM »
That is, if the manager doesn't transfer to Chicago again! :)
Posted on: August 25, 2006, 09:33:23 am
Im hope we get a maxair type ride. I couldn't get enough of it at CP. Plus its a people eater, something a big park like GA needs.

Both MaXair and Delirium, and particularly the latter, have been down a LOT.  There are some serious issues with the parking of the ride at the end of the cycle, and there apparently were bigger issues still at Kings Island.  The ride went down late last season and required some serious repairs, or so I am told.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2006, 10:13:47 AM »
/\  I've kinda heard the same type of comments from "from those in the know" so I was curious if there was anybody else that heard the same thing.

On a positive note, S&S has new owners (though its made up of S&S people lol) so they should last at least another 2 years before running out of money again.

Offline matt

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2006, 04:32:15 PM »
^^Now that I think about it when I was at CP Maxair did have problems parking. That was only once and went down for 10 minutes tops.