Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 9/3 the day started off BAd but ....  (Read 1221 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
9/3 the day started off BAd but ....
« on: September 04, 2006, 09:32:45 AM »
It did get better. Got to the park at around 10:30 . the parking lot was pretty empty for a really beautiful day. As we are parking i notice almost NOTHING  is running.  All the coasters except GASM are not running at all and superman was still in the shed. So we head off into the park. We are encounterd by a pretty huge line at GR. I want to say it is closer to 11 by now and people are really P'D off. the majority of the rides are still closed. There was a group in front of us that drove 4 hours to ride nothing and stand in line for almost an hour at GR. The Falsh Pass was off line until at least 11.  Get to the window and just ask for my Parent pass. Off we went .

Open at this point was

Nitro 10 Min wait. , Batman walk on, While on Batman we see KK testing and ET. Off to KK about an hour (break downs) it would have been less the line was only in two switchbacks in the que. ET was about 30-45 min. medusa the line was halfway down the stairs. About 15 min.  GASM was walk on and superman about 20 min.  We didn't do SM but heard it was pretty short too.
BBLTT we did 5 times for my son and it was walk on all 5 times. 
We did ride KK twice as it has been since july that we have ridden it .

had a good time the weather was wonderful and the park never really did get packed as I thought it would have been .
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 09:35:02 AM by coastermom »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: 9/3 the day started off BAd but ....
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 09:19:39 PM »
It seems a lot of holidays like Memorial Weekend, Labor Day weekend, Fathers Day, etc.  actually drawl a lighter crowd.  It seems that a lot of people I guess prefer to stay with family and do the cook out thing or go to the shore.

I was in Orlando when this storm rolled through but when i got home I was shocked at the amount of debri that was in my yard and street.  In fact, the retention basin in my development was nearly completely dry when we left and is now on the rim which usually takes weeks of rain to see happen.  I take it NJ was pounded a few days ago?

Glad to hear they eventually got everything running.  I know the weather does wreak havoc on some of these rides.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Re: 9/3 the day started off BAd but ....
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 09:50:27 PM »
Wade, you should see Seaside or Long Beach Island. Half of the roads are flooded, it was raining heavy on saturday and was pretty windy.