Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: October 28th  (Read 2215 times)

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
October 28th
« on: October 20, 2005, 11:59:12 PM »
My last trip to GADV for the year will be on October 28th.I will be there all night, if anyone wants to meet up and get some last rides on some coasters. Let me know..

Offline CrAzY4coasters

October 28th
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 05:35:15 PM »
It depends on the weather for me. I'll go with some rain but if it's puoring I'm a no go.
El Toro is one hell of a bull !!!

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
cold and chilly
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 09:44:45 AM »
WARNING! VERY LONG!

My TR!

People: Me and Girlfriend

We leave my house at about...4:40 because i only live about 15 minutes away from the park in Yardville. So we arrive at the park with some crowds like i imagined but we sat in line to initially get into the parking lot for a good 15-30 minutes! It was insane. There were only 4 lanes open. And everybody was cutting lines and what not. Luckily we brought the ?tank? so no one wanted to challenge us to get in line. Right before we got in, this guy was arguing with one of the parking attendants about something. I was like angered at this. What's so hard about handing the guy $10 or saying you are just dropping off?

Alright so my dad drops us off at the front gates. We run past the ticket booths and use the season pass holders? entrance to get in. Then automatically, we head to Medusa. Every time I go, Medusa is my first ride. So we go and the line was fairly short. Only down the steps a little bit. So we get back row in about 4 trains. Now I take my shoes off so that they don?t fly off in the middle of the ride. This was a mistake in a way. Now I wore 2 pairs of socks because I knew it was going to be cold but it was way colder then I expected. One ride through and I couldn?t even feel my feet any more. So we pull back into the station and I notice the line is only out of the station now. So we get off. And I put on my beanie and my gloves because those handles were cold as ice! So we wait for back row again. It was about another 4 train wait for back row again. We get on and this time the girlfriend and I play the hoodie game (recommended to us by KKR05). My hoodie came off first down the first drop. Then I was just holding onto my hat the whole time. This time it was a lot warmer since I was situated for the cold ride. So we pull back into the station, and behold only 2 people want to get on. And we had 2 seats open so we re-rode. This time around I decided to pull my hat over my eyes the whole time to see what it would feel like. It was pretty intense on that zero g-roll.

So after that, the girlfriend and me decide to get something to eat at Ted?s Cheese steaks or whatever it is called because we have never eaten there this year. We split the sandwich, which ended up being a total rip off for $7.49. It?s like the size of a freaking hot dog! I can get better at fancy restaurants for cheaper prices!

So after not being satisfied by the cheese steak and 2 small cokes, we head over to the GK bathrooms since the missy had to go. I was watching KK launch off and on while she was in the bathroom. Then she comes out and I say lets go on GASM since I have never been on it. It was about a 15 minutes wait. It was generally a train pulls out of station while a train pulls in. Ok so I get in and the first thing I realize is that I have no arm room on my sides, which really bugs me. Alright so trains all checked and we roll out of the station. And up the chain lift. First drop, can you say boring? I got no stomach feeling. I just got no nothing. There was no thrill to it. :( The whole time, my arm was getting pushed into the side of the car in the turns. This was the only problem with me. I wish it could be more fluent but then again, I?m asking that from a 16-year-old coaster. So as for my first ride on GASM, I wasn?t terrified of it but it?s definitely not my favorite by far.
So after that we went over and checked out the KISS Army concert. I put my girlfriend on my shoulders because you know, I?m just that type of rocker. :P They are a pretty good cover band but they could be better. But as I think now, no cover band is as good as the originals. We proceed to walk through the park to go see what the lines are like for Batman: The Ride. I love what they have done with the station. But the line turned out to be about a 45 minutes ? 1 hour wait.

So then we walked over to Skull Mountain. That was about a 10 minute wait thanks to some people asking us to go ahead of them so that they could ride together. I wanted to go on the back row originally but it was just easier to go on earlier due to the opening. I was not expecting any decorations since people were saying they didn?t have them earlier in Fright Fest. But we get up the lift hill and they got strobes going off. It was nice to see the track because it really shows you just how close you are to the tracks above you.

After Skull Mountain, we headed over to Medusa again to see what the lines were like. However, we went down the Main Street part that way we wouldn?t get scared walking along the lakefront. Of course they were long like I predicted. So we head over towards Main Street again and we go on the carousel. That was a nice relaxing ride on the legs and all that walking.

We decided to try out Musik Express then. So we head over but not after catching the show over by the Big Wheel. They are pretty darn good dancers and have good cerography. We get over to Musik Express and it?s a pretty decent wait so we just bypass it to go see the Hypnotist show. Turns out though the 8:30 show was cancelled so that they could perform wrestling which I remembered at that moment. So we pay the $5 since it was going to a Katrina fund. That was pretty funny. Especially how fat some of these guys were. Especially Big Tony and Lil? Moose. These guys looked like they were carrying babies around with them.

After that exciting event, we were going to head back over to medusa to see what the lines were like but we got to the fountain and saw that it was about 9:45 so we just went out the gates and waited for her mom to come. That was the end of our cold and shivering night. BRRRRR. So as my season closeout, i would give it a 7/10 only because of the crowds and lack of rides i went on but it was a nice first time experience for Fright Fest.

Sorry that I wrote so much. It took me a good half hour to write it so you better enjoy it. :P