Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Gay Day- 9/8/06 - Review  (Read 1933 times)

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
Gay Day- 9/8/06 - Review
« on: September 09, 2006, 10:06:08 AM »
I have to say that I had one of the most enjoyable experiences I have ever had at the park last night.  The evening was beautiful, crowd was great.  The excitement and music was incredible.  I had so much fun, even gong by myself.  I was hoping to get a date but I did meet lots of nice people.  (I guess that is what happens when you are pushing 40...lol)

I arrived to the park around 515 as I wanted to make sure that I was one of the first in the park.  They kept everyone outside of the security gates until right at 6.  As soon as they opened them up, I went right over to Toro where I was on the first train out in the first car.  Toro was operating with 2 cars with only a couple of minor shut down periods throughout the evening.  These periods were very brief. The line was manageable for the first couple of hours but as the evening and crowds progressed, so did the line.  It was averaging around an hour and a half wait later on in the evening. 

KA was being tested for about the first hour so I headed over to Nitro where for the first 90 minutes had no lines what so ever (3 cars operating).  I went on Nitro around 25 times in a row without having to get out of the train that I was in.  Again as the evening went on, the line got longer but I would say that the line for Nitro never got over a half hour or so.

Next I went to Batman were I was able to walk right on.  Went on that a couple of times.  Never one of my favorite rides but I took full advantage of the lack of people there.

By 830 or so the lines were getting long for Toro and Ka so broke down and bought a FLash Pass Gold.  With the flash Pass Gold I had to wait five  minutes max each time I went on Ka and Toro so it was worth it.  The best part of being a single rider is that you can just fill in the train where there is an empty seat when the next group of riders get on.   I must have gone on ka at least 10 times yesterday and Toro was around 20 times.

The crowd was one of the best crowds that I have ever seen at the park.  Friendly, calm and all about having a good time. 

It was another stellar job by the Six Flags crew last night.  I have said on here many times and I will say it again, the staff at GADV this year is incredible.  As always the norm last night was friendly and helpful team members.   You can tell that they really have invested in customer service training this year.  I can honestly say that I have not had one run in with a rude associate at the park this year.  I average about five or more visits a month and I think that is something GADV management should be very proud of.

The staff seemed to really enjoy themselves last night.  I talked to many of them and they said that they really enjoyed working last night because there was such a great group of customers.  That was really nice to hear.  I would  like to thank the Six Flags management team for opening the park up to the GLBT community each year.  It is a wonderful outreach and I know that it is much appreciated. 

I plan on being one of the first in line on the 22nd to buy my 2007 Season's Pass.  Hope to see everyone on Season's Pass day on the 22nd!!!!

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Re: Gay Day- 9/8/06 - Review
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 11:18:11 AM »
So its safe to say that Gay Day was a Happy Day? :D Glad to hear you had fun. Makes me jealous that I did not go.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 11:36:30 AM »
Me to
THanks for the report I was going to ask for a report but don't have to.
I wanted to go but have a big wedding today so maybe next year.
But all those rides on KA and ET you can't beat it.
Also I'm sure it was only Adults at the park  ?
How was the lines towards the end of the night  ?
I also attend a lot of events myself and find it easy to get a seat for front rows and re-rides  ;Das I pushed past the 40 mark .  :'(
Maybe next year
Yo

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 11:58:54 AM »
Me to
THanks for the report I was going to ask for a report but don't have to.
I wanted to go but have a big wedding today so maybe next year.
But all those rides on KA and ET you can't beat it.
Also I'm sure it was only Adults at the park  ?
How was the lines towards the end of the night  ?
I also attend a lot of events myself and find it easy to get a seat for front rows and re-rides  ;Das I pushed past the 40 mark .  :'(
Maybe next year

Some people did bring their kids so there were a few children in the park but a handful if that.  The rides got longer as the night went on.  I would say half hour max at rides like Nitro and Batman.  Ka and Toro were running hour and half to two hours but I had to wait five mins with flash pass.    Did not even go on Superman, Medusa, Rolling Thunder or Scream Machine but I can't imagine there being longer than a thirty minute wait for that. 

You guys really missed a great night.  Gay or Straight, it was a wonderful group mix of people there last night.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 07:49:06 PM »
I think there might have been a few from our group there on this night so hopefully they will chime in as well.  Hopefully next season I'll be able to make it because it sounds like a really enjoyable evening.

Thanks for the TR :)

Offline MForce23

• Monkey Around
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 08:02:45 PM »
 I went to gay day with chuck, Rob, and Bubba and it was alot more crowded then i thought it would have been. Someone said there was 12000 tickets sold that night. Lines were still relatively short compared to an average day. Flash pass was also discount that night.

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 10:49:43 PM »
I think there might have been a few from our group there on this night so hopefully they will chime in as well.  Hopefully next season I'll be able to make it because it sounds like a really enjoyable evening.

Thanks for the TR :)

The crowd that night was great.  They were pretty calm, no trouble and a lot of fun.