Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Photo Trip Report: 6/22/06  (Read 1319 times)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
Photo Trip Report: 6/22/06
« on: September 17, 2006, 09:19:07 AM »
People: Me (obviously)
Alexa (came with me for the concert)
Dan (kkrider09 from Gadv.com)
Dave (Dan's friend, really cool guy BTW)
John (Medusa05 from gadv.com, met up with him for a little bit)
Alyssa (my girl friend)
Kelly (Alyssa's friend)
Matt (Silver bullet)
My family (came to pick us up, they went on rides too)
GADV cool staff people at the Wawa!

Okay so it's late. I'm not sure if I'll finish this tonight!

Alexa and I were dropped off by my mom at 9:45AM. Walk in with my season pass and bring a friend for free coupon. We met up with Dan and Dave at the entrance. We got in line at guest relations for the VIG pass. And after 5 minutes of no one coming I was all ---- that! So the count down started. And we jetted! Then...SECURITY! They walked us to Kingda Ka and El Toro. But we went an other way. We jetted through the arcade. Into Golden Kingdom. Sprinted in to Plaza Del Carnivale. We were 8 people behind. The security guards said it wasn't opened, but we waited. Oh yeah, from the entrance to El Toro it was raining and slippery. Smart eh  ? We waited through rain and tests! There was a mother and son, Nick, FLCC members behind us, so we talked with them. They were cool.

At 11:30AM the line for El Toro opened and we got into he station! Dan and Dave got the last row and Alexa and I got the second to last! This ride gets better and better each time you ride it! It was also Alexa's first ever wooden coaster. She loved it!

After El Toro we walked into Kingda Ka's line. Dan wanted to use his exit pass but he didn't have the receipt so he couldn't. We walked over to get the receipt and I just said, forget it! I got the VIG and we went over to Batman! Coasterbabe (Jenn) was behind the booth. I asked if Ryan (NitroRyder) was there and she said he'll be here by 12. I gave her my stuff to hold (she offered) and we rode. 7th row, great as usual.

Went over to Nitro got the last row. Alexa's first time on Nitro. She loved it! Next we went over to Skull Mountain. No VIG, it was a walk on (Dan forgot this in his Trip Report). It was a decent ride in the middle. After Skull Mountain we walked over to Batman. Dave wanted Pretzels and Ice cream but we said after Batman. Because that would only take a minute ore two! Right? WRONG!

The four of us get to the station and it's now a bit after 12. I asked if Ryan was here yet, Jenn said no. We get 7th row again and we go up. Well... we get to the top of the lift...and...STOP  ! Jenn then came up and she says, "We seem to be experiencing minor technical difficulties guys!" Then Ryan came up behind her. He said, "I got here and I saw the lift stop so I decided to come up!" He walked right by me and I said, "Hey Ryan" He was all whoa! You're here? We talked some. It was kind of funny talking to Jenn about personal stuff on Batman's lift! After 10 minutes we started moving (thanks to Ryan, the button pusher!)

We then went over to Best Of The West to meet up with John (Medusa05). On the way we saw a Jet Skier flip and fall off a Jet Ski at the Jet Ski show. Wow I used Jet Ski three times in one sentence! Got a Chicken sandwich and a drink for $12. Alex, John, and I then went on Sawmill Log Flume. When we went down the first drop, my camera (not video) and cell phone fell out of my pocket into a puddle! Bye-bye technology. My camera is water logged, but I still have a working memory stick. My phone started working this morning, thank god! After SMLF we went over to Medusa. All three switchbacks were being used, so I was all, forget it. VIG pass is God! But dispatch times were really bad! The ride itself, not as smooth as usual! My head got banged around quit a bit!

After Medusa Dave, Alexa, Dan and I went on Kingda Ka. Not too bad. They were using the parking lot side of the station and the horn was off! The launch was good! It wasn't rough this time either! After Kingda Ka, we walked Dan and Dave out! Alexa and I got our concert wristbands and that really long line, that went by in 2 minutes. They offered John a wristband but he said no (good honest boy). We walk back the line to see if Alyssa and Kelly are there yet, guess who we find. Alyssa and Kelly. Alyssa ran to me and I ran to her, and you know the rest  !

We went straight to El Toro. VIG pass. We get in the flash pass line and we head for the back. Alyssa and I got last row. Alexa and Kelly got second to last and John got third from last! This ride gets better and better each time you ride it. And I wasn't stapled in this time! WHOOT! I bought the picture too! After El Toro, John and I went on Rolling Thunder, second to last car, last row! no one deserves this much pain. One spot of airtime, that's it!

John went home, and Alexa met up with some friends to go in with, at the concert. Alyssa, Kelly and I then went in. We went to the floor and stood in the sun for 3 1/2 hours. I almost go into a fight once for (reason) but we settled it, and the guy shook my hand and it was all good. The Subways sucked. Head On Amatica was actually good  ! I heard some one yell "Rafferty" so I turned around and I saw Matt (Silver Bullet). We talked for a bit and rocked out at the same time. I got hit by water bottles, lemons, ice cubes, people and went into a few mosh pits (Iv' e seen crazier at CBGB) so it was amazing.

Angels and Airwaves were good too. My girl friend, Alyssa worships Tom DeLonge for 5 years now. When he came out she cried. Kelly was screaming and I was laughing, while some people were staring. It was amazing. After Angels and Airwaves we realized it was 7:55 PM and that taking Back Sunday would play until 10. My mom called and we told her, but she was in the park already with my sister and brother. Anthony went on Rolling thunder and my mom and Savannah went on Houdini!

Alyssa, Kelly and I ran to Kingda Ka. We used our Priority Passes and got on! Alyssa and Kelly got the last row, I got second to last! The launch was week this time. And when we got to the top it slowed down tremendously. Then all of a sudden it stalled. We were all excited. we started screaming, "ROLL BACK, ROLL BACK!" Then it started moving, and we ended up inching over the tower  . Better luck next time  . The spiral was good but a bit rough. The return into the breaks kept knocking my head around. After that we met up with my family, and we walked out of the park. Stalling along the way of course to spend time.

We got in our car and waited quite a while for Alexa! We then drove to the Wawa and we got some food. I was talking to my mom, and a guy came behind me and looked at me. He said, "Are you CycloneMan?" I was all ya! I asked who he was. His name is Walter, but he doesn't post on the boards. Walter if you are reading this, JOIN! Then Jenn walked in, and we talked about the birds and the bees. We ended hanging out with the Wawa Six Flags crew. They're petty cool people. We then had to go home so we did!

Some pictures! (Some are Dan's)

El Toro!

We were in line at one point!

Alexa shows off El Toro.

Dan feels safer on this anyhow!

Dainan feels said to see it closed, but is not suprised!

Hmmm

Me, Alexa, Dan (kkrider09) and Dave stuck on Batman

Cool Skull Mountain picture!

yeah...just some silliness :silly: .

Dainan and John

Back row: Alyssa (left) and me (right). Second row: Alexa (left) and Kelly (right), front row: John (right)

Alyssa and Kelly ready for Kingda Ka.

Alyssa, Kelly and I on Kingda Ka.

-Dainan "Overall it was an awesome day, and people said hi to me!" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
Re: Photo Trip Report: 6/22/06
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 02:23:09 PM »
That was an amazing day at the park, one of the best I've ever had.

Great to meet you at the park!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 09:38:14 AM »
Nice trip report.  How many days did Alyssa and Kelly have a headache?  It is BRUTAL back there lol.  The picture holding the sign is classic.  Its how we all feel :(

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 05:56:37 PM »
No head ache. It was a great day!

-Dainan " :P" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255