Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Quick Walk around. 10/15/06  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Quick Walk around. 10/15/06
« on: October 16, 2006, 10:23:52 AM »
I finished  up work early and planned on going to White Castle. In my travels A friend calls and says lets go to GA. OK sure, I pick him up and we head to the park.  He doesn't ride, so I knew we would walk around and  just check out fright fest.

I have no pictures so I'll just type the good and the bad

OK The  Good.....
1. Parking wasn't to bad.

2. A new orange sign out front telling people to except to be busy.

3. The park looked great.

4. Very cool  scare actor near Houdini's with the fake contacts.

5. The act on the boardwalk was funny. (You know the guy with the nail)

6. Caught a glimpse of the Medical show, not to bad I guess.

7. Maybe two very good scare actors in frontier land by the SMLF.

8. High Five with Angel on the way out (We walked on the right side and skipped the line)

9. White Castle was really good and they even have new Coffee mugs on sale!

The bad....

1.How do you close the parking entrance  down to one lane, when I'm use to having two open Just to make me loop back around to enter the parking lot single file.( OK that's my fault for being impatient but really!!)

2. Kingda ka Down (For those who ride)

3. The marshmallow man  ( The cats where great)

4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. The entrance to Terror Trail, what a Joke. I felt like live stock waiting to board a tractor trailer to go be slaughter. Imagine a mob of people spread out 25 people wide. Walk 5 paces stop for 8 minutes average. Then filter the people slithering there way around other people. Walk 5 more paces..wait...slithering people. This continues for an Hour until we are  50 ft from the entrance. I now feel like I'm at a world cup soccer game. There are more people around me trying to fit through the entrance where maybe you could squeeze 12 people through due to the trash cans. I finally pop out of the crowd and into the maintenance area, Oh, I mean the terror trail. 

9. Once on the trail, they had maybe a dozen scare actors (One who was really good)The whole experience was OK at best. It took about 12 minutes start to finish. Let's just say I was more scared in line(more for others than myself ) than on the trail,  due to a fight could break out at any moment.

10. Park closes at 9, so it doesn't really leave much for anything else.

Summary....  I'll stick to rides and enjoy the shows.

I plan on one more trip Sunday 22nd to Marathon RMT with my daughter to finish out the season.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Re: Quick Walk around. 10/15/06
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 10:53:22 AM »
Yes
THe Terror Trail was not that great and worse then last year.
SFNE Terror trail was about 10 times longer and 10 times better.

White Castle  ??
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 11:12:47 AM »
Nice quick report.  No pictures though ???   jk

On a positive note, I was beginning to get slightly concerned at the lack of crowds this year at FF and I think they were to.  I think this turnaround was desperately needed if they were to get more capital pumped into 2007 Fright Fest.

They still have a tough time finding help though.  I was shocked they managed to get as many "extras" as they did AND keep the rides open.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 11:45:33 AM »
^ Sorry Wade left straight from work.  I can't really comment on how busy the whole park was.  I was only in a 3rd of it but walking around where i was  didn't seem to be busy. I also saw a lot of people leaving when we arrived at 6, maybe the 38 degree weather was the most scary part of the whole night. 

Tom.. White Castle was the main reason for the trip. (2151 U.S. Hwy 9  Howell, NJ, 07731)   Fright Fest was the side trip.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 12:38:58 PM »
The park is twice as packed on a Saturday then Sunday . I seen photos of saturday and the lines were all over an hour even GASM had a line going throught the in and out sections .  :o. That is the FF.LOL

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 12:44:14 PM »
Well, at least you were always guaranteed a smoother ride on GASM since the trains were always full  lol