Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: I only got one complaint...  (Read 3263 times)

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
I only got one complaint...
« on: October 10, 2006, 03:51:39 PM »
Yesterday on Kingda Ka they had two trains running on it. They had one train for Flash Passers and the other train I thought was for the GP. Well, actually two rows on that train were closed off for VIP people.

So yeah, 7 rows on Ka were being used for everyone standing on line. I thought that was horrible and if I was waiting in line for it I would of been pissed!

Offline Nascar48

Re: I only got one complaint...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 04:19:58 PM »
Was it for the whole day or just when the VIP people came to the station to get on? Either way I think it is fair because they paid for the VIP thing so they shouldn't have to wait in line after paying $260.
R.I.P. Chiller

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 04:25:09 PM »
I went Saturday Night and it was packed but I had a Exit pass from the KK May breakdown so I waited for the front.
But there was only 2 Trains running and I heard there was a 3 hour wait  ?
While I was waiting for the front seat 6 people came up to the loading platform and they told me that the one of them eat 2 roaches (1 roach = 4 people) .
I was going to Eat one but I was there with my Wife and she doesn't ride.
THat was the only Ride I rode that night.Also there is only one Roach Man walking from ride to ride  when I was leaving KK I seen Him and a guard walking towards ET. THere should be a Roachman at each Main Attraction,if you want to eat you have to go find the man.

If I go again this year and anyone wants to meet up I will eat 2 roaches good for up to 8 people.

ET line at 10pm was still out of the Q
Yo

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 06:07:16 PM »
The hour I was at Ka the two rows were roped off for VIP and there was always a line.

I just think there making you get a Flash Pass/VIP Pass to have a good day at the park.

Offline vinnyv07

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 06:30:47 PM »
I went Saturday Night and it was packed but I had a Exit pass from the KK May breakdown so I waited for the front.
But there was only 2 Trains running and I heard there was a 3 hour wait  ?
While I was waiting for the front seat 6 people came up to the loading platform and they told me that the one of them eat 2 roaches (1 roach = 4 people) .
I was going to Eat one but I was there with my Wife and she doesn't ride.
THat was the only Ride I rode that night.Also there is only one Roach Man walking from ride to ride  when I was leaving KK I seen Him and a guard walking towards ET. THere should be a Roachman at each Main Attraction,if you want to eat you have to go find the man.

If I go again this year and anyone wants to meet up I will eat 2 roaches good for up to 8 people.

ET line at 10pm was still out of the Q

Can I ask where are they eating the roaches?? If we do go hubby is very intrested in seeing if anyone actually does it. We have gone the past two weekends and haven't seen  it anywhere in the park.

If one train was for fastpass then that train should have also been for VIP people too. I can't understand the park having people wait for 3 or more hours for a ride. I think they are only intrested in the money at that point and not weather people will come back to the park or not after those kinds of waits. I understand the fast pass and VIP stuff if you are willing to pay but anyone who pays to walk in there and has to wait that long will not be intrested in returning during the summer next year . This people may think the park is always like that .

*edited to seperate post from quote*
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 09:12:45 PM by rjholla2003 »

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 06:55:53 PM »
^On Sunday people were doing it online for Kingda Ka, in the switchbacks.

I agree they need to stop this gp 1 train, FP 1 train stuff. If they were running all 4 or even 3 trains this would be fine, but no, not with 2 train operation, it's rediculous.

Offline snowboard101

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 07:40:59 PM »
That really sucks for the people in line, the VIP seats should go in the flash pass train instead.  There shouldn't even be 2 trains only in operation in the first place.  Anyone know what happened to the 3rd train lately?

El Toro Rides: 5   Kingda Ka Launches: 17

My Pictures

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 08:43:21 PM »
i know one train was on the storage track with the whole front end missing . The fourth train I haven't seen since the "incident" last summer . Who Knows if we will ever see that one again. If was SO MUCH BETTER with 4 trains running . I do hope they can get it together a little better for the summer season next year. At least get three trains running.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 11:57:23 PM »
It truly is a shame to see THE record holder run as poorly as it has been...Two train operation???? :(
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 12:02:08 AM by Yanks2Jets14 »
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 03:25:58 PM »
i know one train was on the storage track with the whole front end missing . The fourth train I haven't seen since the "incident" last summer . Who Knows if we will ever see that one again. If was SO MUCH BETTER with 4 trains running . I do hope they can get it together a little better for the summer season next year. At least get three trains running.

Blueberry was back after the accident but has been MIA all this season. KK had such amazing capacity with both stations open!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 11:39:25 AM »
With the biggest crowds of the year Great Adventure should be embarrasded to only have 2 trains running and seats ropped off.

I still have friends that haven't been to the park in 10 years due to long lines and crowds, and 50% capacity on the Worlds fastest highest coaster just adds to the frustrated feeling people have when leaving the park.
THose people may not be back and bad news spreads much faster then good news.
I still think the park is a great bargain for a Family if they buy a Season pass because they can always return at another time to ride but for those that make the trip say 300 500 or 1000 miles to ride KK the only thing they will bring home is horror stories of waiting inline.
They do have 5 months in the off season to fix these problems.
So Why do parks start on winter projects during the busiest time of the year  ?

FYI  I'm a 2006 2007 season pass holder and it's is the best deal anywhere in any industry.
Also buy that parking pass for next year for free parking at other parks.
THe 2007 parking pass does not work at other parks this year it starts next year I tried it at SFNE.
I do like the Early entry for next year  this is even better then a free bring a friend coupon
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 12:00:17 PM »
Another FYI on the parking pass - the person with the sticker must match the photo on the SP.  It is NOT transferrable which means my wife and I will have to spend 90 bucks to park next year.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 12:33:41 PM »
Another FYI on the parking pass - the person with the sticker must match the photo on the SP.  It is NOT transferrable which means my wife and I will have to spend 90 bucks to park next year.

Thanks for that info I will have to put it on my pass then because most of the time I will be using it .

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 12:42:55 PM »
Just a little tip (though this is NOT endorsed by GadvUpdates or Great Adventure itself)...

If you ALWAYS go with one of your kids, put it on their Season Pass ;)