Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Completed PTR: L.o.m.b and my Final Credit of NJ.  (Read 2739 times)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Completed PTR: L.o.m.b and my Final Credit of NJ.
« on: September 03, 2007, 10:27:43 AM »
Here's the map to show you around until I get back from work to Finish  :P 

OK, well,  at least you can sing Micheal Jackson's Thriller while your waiting.

Well,  since we got the credit it was off to the water park.  First up was the Cannonball.

Which was way cool. We went around three times until we got sucked down the middle backwards. Afterwards we hit the Half Pipe called Sidewinder.

The drop was crazy!  We went so fast we actually touch the top of the other side.  Then after going back and forth  5 times the puddle at the bottom slowed us down until we eventually stopped.  The park also has three other slides, one which was totally enclosed called Black Hole. I thought it might have little holes in the tube , but this slide was completely black and outta control.

Also as you see in the picture they had a huge kids pool. To the left of that, there was a play structure and a lazy river which were both very nice.

Other things in the L.O.M.B were a bunch of kiddie rides, a candy cane forest, The Black Forest Maze, and an old WW2 cockpit.  More interesting things were....

^ Santa's Barn !  It was a complete walk through type deal with a very cool feature upstairs. I really don't want to ruin the surprise so I'll leave it at that ...sorry. And the people who do know, Know how cool it is.

To stay in the Holiday theme of things they have this right behind Santa's barn.

This was another cool little walk through with some average props behind windows. One of which was this Witch, lol

It wasn't scary, just a lot of fun if you let yourself enjoy it for what's it worth. The last thing in this section was the Talking scarecrow Mr.Colonel Corn

The Idea of this is that the scarecrow is alive and you can hold a conversation with him . My question was why does your wife have Snapple caps as eyes?  He said a crow took both her eyes and her tongue. That's why she can't talk or see you.  Hannah wanted to know where do you sleep?  He said they give him an umbrella when it rains and he just sleeps standing up since he was a scarecrow. Then he went on to tell a joke and talk to other kids so we left.  Eventually I went back to find out where the guy hides who does all the talking and how he could see us. He told me,  but if i told anyone else  he would have to kill me. Sorry , rules are rules!

It was getting late so we took a ride on the Tilt a whirl and took a couple of more pictures.

After getting back on the road I figured " Why not stop at Keansburg for my last credit in NJ"

See it really is open

What a fun ride,  with great views from the top.

The dragon was happy for me as well

We then went on to explore more of the midway since I was too upset last time (Wildcat was closed) and Hannah had passed on the spook house

^ wow, what a let down! only one working gimmick. This was by far the worst of the season.

Last, but not least the crazy themed bumper cars.

Themed by who else.... The Psychos, ONE AND TWO

I picked the  EMT car. It was a little fast but stalled if I turned the car to quick. They had an awesome collection of cars. Mostly beat up... but fun never the less.

While waiting for Hannah on the kids Log Flume I get a call.  Sure I'll be there in an hour.

Welcome back to....

^ That's the last picture.. the rest is just text if you wonder what else happened to me.

Knowing I had Hannah, I figured I would just do Black-Beards (which now runs two laps, woot!) Skull Mt. and Tea cups or Carousel. Well the first two were correct until we meet up with Wade, Chuck and M.  Yeah, I'm not even going to try and spell it, but she was very cool!

After meeting up with them we rode Skully again. Then the night got better. My daughter is right around 54"-54 1/4 inches tall  and I never put her on anything until she is ready.  Well she surprised us all and jumped on Nitro -credit #77.  I was lucky enough that she loved it and I didn't scare her away from coaster for life.  After that amazing achievement we sat out as the other three rode B:TR. While waiting we ran into the coolest thing ever at Sfgadv, the bush, tree dude, women . Still not sure which.  Imagine a bush ivy thing come to life and scare you. It really is the coolest thing ever. Hopefully most of you have already seen it or will at Fright Fest.

I was pretty much satisfied and tired by now.  I had done  the water park, drove to Three different amusement parks, rode the last 2  credits in  NJ.  My daughter rode Nitro , But wait there's even more. After two years and four breakdowns later ( All of which happened to me while waiting in line for the next train ). I finally got to ride Kingda Ka at Night!!!1!!!1!!1!!!

I would like to Thank You M for sitting one out. Also for watching a complete strangers kid with Chuck. Oh and Wade, thanks for not breaking Ka this time.

Well that's it for now thanks for reading....

Bubs

OH!!! I almost forgot,  My other trip report is Insured by Geico.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 12:54:47 AM by Bubba Z »

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Re: PTR: Lomb and my Final credit of NJ
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 11:41:48 AM »
The question is Thriller > High Speed Thrill Coaster?

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 02:09:13 PM »
No way! High Speed Thrill Coaster is probaly the most intense kiddie coaster out there.

Offline Bubba Z

• Global Moderator
  • Nitro
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 11:38:01 PM »
 ^ Agreed!   I'm now Starting the rest of the PTR now.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Re: Completed PTR: L.o.m.b and my Final Credit of NJ.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 01:17:29 AM »
Miluska is her name, hahah!

Good time, good people!

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 09:36:27 AM »
Great report, Bubba!  LOMB is an expensive credit but at least it's a nice park with other things to do.  Looks like they've added some cool slides since we were there.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 09:58:29 AM »
Nice TR Bubba.  I think I was more nervous about her riding than she actually was lol  At least you helped prepare me for next season since Luke will be 6 ;)

One thing you left out was the good time we all had on the bumper cars.  "Get the guy in the orange shirt!"  In his defense, maybe they do in fact drive the other way where he came from lol

It was a great night though.  Toro, a beer, SM, Nitro, B:TR, Bumper Cars and Kingda Ka in less than 3 hours.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 10:34:13 AM »
Congrats
Bubba was this your daughters first "big" coaster  ?

Yo

Offline Bubba Z

• Global Moderator
  • Nitro
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 10:56:42 AM »
Sue, you're right ! It's a nice little park so I didn't mind spending the $40. Plus,  I've never been on those types of slides before so it was a lot of fun. Throw in the Scarecrow, Santa's Barn , Haunted House, 3 laps in the lazy river and hanging out with my #1 coaster buddy it was all worth it. 

Wade, this was our inside joke....

OH!!! I almost forgot,  My other trip report is Insured by Geico.

The new cars were fun , but a little small for my left Knee. Plus,  I could hardly get the seat belt over my shoulder.

Thanks Chuck, I just didn't want to be rude and spell it wrong.

And Finally Tom,  I'm not sure How to Qualify Nitro as her first Big Coaster.

At three she rode Superdooperlooper and the Phoenix( big for her at the time) Followed by Twister last year. This season was Super Flight, Steaming Demon and a Boomerang.

I guess Nitro tops them all , but it still amazes me she rode a Boomerang.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 11:10:19 AM »
crap, thats what I get for skimming lol