Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: PTR: Rye Playland 9/2/07 (GADV Source Members)  (Read 2766 times)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
PTR: Rye Playland 9/2/07 (GADV Source Members)
« on: September 03, 2007, 01:53:33 AM »
People
Me
Anthony
Anthony P (Medusa Dude)
Walter (Cruxis)
Jackie (Kingda Ka on Fire)
Paul (Kingda Ka Ryder 4 Life)
AJ (SROS1fan)
Tom (Thomaskelly427)
Jeff (supermandros16)

Personal Ride List
Dragon Coaster 3x
Zombie Castle 1x
Crazy Mouse 1x
Double Shot 1x
Super Flight 2x
Ye Old Mill 1x
Starship 2000 1x
Flying Witch 1x
Power Surge 1x
Family Flyer 1x
Derby Racer 1x

Quote of the Day:
Jackie: "They should make a sex themed theme park!"

Trip Report:

The trip started with Anthony, Water, Jackie, Anthony P, Paul and I meeting at Grand Central to take Metro North up to Rye Playland. We did the package...but, it seemed like the Ride Card was a gyp! When we did get to the park, I called AJ, and he told us to just go in, and he'll meet us. So we went on the Dragon Coaster first. We sat in the middle, and I got stapled. The Morgan trains don't help much, but this coaster is under rated. None the less, it's over rated too. But it was a fairly fun coaster. It's a great wooden coaster from the family. While we got off, we saw AJ at the exit.

Anthony, Paul, Anthony P, AJ and I then went on Zombie Castle. It was probably one of the coolest Dark Rides I've been on. It was very eventfull and unique. After that we went over to Crazy Mouse where AJ didn't ride and Walter was told he was too tall! Well...it's a Zamperla Zig Zag, so as allways, it was very rough! After that, Walter, Jackie, Anthony, Anthony P, Paul and I went on Double Shot. Okay...tell me where the double shot part of the ride was? It only shot up once, and the airtime was minimum! It was the saddest excuse for an S&S Tower.

So...we all went over to Super Flight. They told me I couldn't bring my fanny pack on, so I said, "Hey! Let's just go in groups. One group goes on now, and the other group goes on next!" So...I exit, and stand by the ride. Wait a little bit and wonder where they went, and the next thing I knew, they all went on with out me! I filmed them, and laughed, but WTF!?!? I said take turns, not leave me by myself! So they all were done, and I dragged Anthony P on with me. Well...here's an other ride Zamperla shouldn't make! The ride was one of the roughest coasters I have ever been on! I seriously hated it! It beat me up so bad, and I had the biggest head ache when I got off! We then went on Ye Old Mill, which I personally loved, though Anthony, Paul, Walter and Jackie didn't...I don't even want to think about what was going on in there boat!

We then took forever to get food because we couldn't decide on a place. We then finally got food and sat at a picnic bench for at least an hour talking about the most...appropriate stuff. We then went and rode Starship 2000, which is a Gravitron. It was fun, but Anthony and Paul said it was too much pressure on there lungs. AJ and Anthony P, just sat out. After that we met up with Tom and Jeff! While they were getting wrist bands, Paul, Jackie, and I went on Power Surge. This is the only on I went on where the arm didn't rotate. Jackie and I went backwards facing Paul, and we didn't flip much. I think we may of only flipped once...it was really a downer!

Next, we all (excluding Jackie and Walter) went on the Dragon Coaster. Everyone was scattered on the train, but AJ and I got the 2nd row. This ride is still fun. And I got some serious ejector on the hill into the turn around after the tunnel. AJ and Jeff then went to get there credit on Super Flight, which wasn't too bad this time. I sat in the middle of the car....so it was ALOT better. We then went on Derby Racer. This was like a Carousel on CRACK! It was really good, but I feel that it needs some more comfortable seats!

Paul, Walter, Jackie, and I went on Family Flyer...the third, and final Zamperla coaster of the day! It was really funny when we got on. The attendant came to me and said, "You look fimiliar! Do you make alot of roller coaster videos?" It was kind of funny...except when he mentioned he was staring at me in line...creepy. But as for the ride, it was the smoothest Zamperla Family Coaster I've ever been on! After that, we walked around and just talked, and did some filming. Jeff, Tom, Paul, Anthony and Paul went on the Flying Witch. It was okay...not as great as Zombie Castle, but still good! We then took a final round on the Dragon Coaster (Tom and I sat in the back, and I got some sweet air on the first drop) and then we left! All and all, it was a great day!

Photos:

Anthony P, Anthony, Jackie and Walter on the Metro North train going to Rye!

Paul and I on the train!

I feel welcomed!

I love the traditional feel of this park!

Walter and Jackie waiting for the park to open!

I tried to get a nice shot of Paul, Anthony, and Anthony P, but they turned around!

Fountain O' Doom!

Welcome to Playland

The Dragon Coaster was better than I expected

The first drop is the only real steep part to the ride!

It's still a nice classical ride!

"GARRR! I'm an angry dragon! Feed my GP!"

We weren't amused by this piece of crap either!

Speaking of crap. Prepare to die!

Anthony P, Anthong and Paul in great pain!

AJ, Walter and Jackie on the only "smooth" part of the ride.

Me and Anthony P on Super Flight! (Look at my face!)

How convenient!

Hey AJ! It'a amazing that you were able to deal with us all day!

When we realized that money was an issue! We resorted to eating/drinking ketchup!

AJ being an enthusiest!

Playland Plunge

RUN AWAY!

Power Surge sucked, end of story!

Anthony, Anthony P, Jackie and Paul on Derby Racer

AJ, Tom, Me and Jeff

This shot was good

Anthony says, "Ride em' Cowboy!"

We actually look like we are really racing!

Family Flyer is a Zamperla Family Coaster

Credit whoring is always fun!

Jeff and Tom after Zombie Castle

Tom and Jeff on the Crazy Mouse

Okay...let's try it normal this time!

ZAMPERLA!

Group Shot after a nice day!
Top: Jackie, Walter, Me, Paul, and Tom
Bottom: Jeff, AJ, Anthony and Anthony P

-Dainan "Was a great day! Expect a video soon" Rafferty
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 02:07:25 AM by Bubba Z »

Coaster Count: 255

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: PTR: Rye Playland 9/2/07 (GADV Source Members)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 02:17:52 AM »
Rye Playland is great!   I'm going to miss going if they take out Zombie and the Witch this year.

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 07:06:43 AM »
Danian you went to Rye and no Bumper Cars, Whip, Catch a Wave or Bumper Boats? They are some of the best in the industry. God!
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 07:27:26 AM »
Oh boy, look what you did!

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 09:37:29 PM »
Catch A Wave was closed...and I've allready been on enough Whips and Bumper Cars in my life! Anyway, here's the video!

-Dainan "I hope you guys enjoy!" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 03:20:14 AM »
The Whip and the bumper cars are the best rides there next to the mouse they have.

Nice pics too.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!