Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Planning The Perfect Day at GADV  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
Planning The Perfect Day at GADV
« on: April 24, 2006, 01:30:42 AM »
If you were to give someone else a sure-fire guide to GADV of hitting the park, what would it be? This thread will be very useful to people who come to this site and ask, "What is best way to hit GADV?" Few guidelines: Have to inlcude a place for lunch and dinner, have to make it so that you can hit every coaster (meaning you can't say ride KK all day long, 9 coaster minimum), and make it so that they can go to one place for souveniers. Also, no qbots or VIP pass thing allowed. Other than that, feel free to add or do what you want with your guide. You can include Toro or not. My guide would look something like this:

Arrive at park 10min before opening, grab a park map, and familiarize yourself with layout. After doing that, take a left and wait by Houdini for the ropes to drop. Try to squeeze through people so you can get right up to rope. Once rope drops, RUN to Kingda Ka. If you noticed it wasn't testing before you went into park or isn't testing as you pass it, skip it. If it was testing, go to it and ride it (front row is a MUST, although if you are rushing and want to ge tto other rides, 2nd row is usually empty and is great too). Chances are it will not be testing quite yet, or not open quite yet. Continue to El Toro, which will most likely be open on time. If it isn't, it will most likely be open within 20-30min, unless op's say it will be closed for day. A ride on Toro will be best in front row, as most Intamin mega coasters are. If Kingda Ka has started to test, run over there if you have not ridden it yet. After those 2 rides, head over to Superman:Ultimate Flight/Great American Scream Machine, which will not have long lines yet. Perosnally, on both S:UF and GASM I find the back row to be much more enjoyable. Hit those 2 up, and head over to Movietown.
   Hit Batman and Robin: The Chiller first, as it still will have short lines, which will not last. Batman: The Chiller is best ridden in front row, and Robin is best ridden in the back. After Chiller, do Batman: The Ride. It will still have short lines, and is a fantastic quick hit. Some like front better, personally I feel it is a back row ride. Next up is Nitro, which will probably have a 20min line. No fear, line moves quickly and you will be on in no time. For Nitro, 3rd row has most intense airtime, but the back row gives the best overall ride. After Nitro, head to Skull Mountain. It will have no wait, and is best in back row. After SM, briskly walk to Frontier Adventures.
   Once there, you have 2 choices: Ride Medusa, or eat at Best of the West. I suggest do Medusa first, as it is probably past 12 and BotW will have a crowd, and Medusa will still be fairly empty. Medusa is best in front row, but a back row ride is also very good if you do not wish to wait. After that eat at BotW, which is a good value and nice sitdown place.
   Once that is done, you will have hit every major coaster in the park, except RT, which will likely not have a huge line with Toro being right there. As of now, it will probably be around 1-2pm, and crowds will be at highest point. Best bet is to do the family rides now, and continue the coastering at night where lines will be died down greatly. B:TR, Chiller, RT, Medusa, SM, and GASM are DEAD at night, you will get unlimited rerides on them at this time. Most lines through the day will be over 30min, but make sure not to wait for Chiller or KK during day, as both are unreliable and capacity is terrible. For dinner, Nathan's is my favorite place, some great food there. And on way out of park, DC Justice League place near Chiller/B:TR is fantastic, as is the place right as you enter/exit the park.
   Another possible idea is instead of doing GASM/S:UF after KK/Toro, go straight to medusa, then head to Movietown. The more I think about it, this migh tbe the better route, but the other way you will get to hit S:UF will little lines, where throughout the day it will have 2 hour lines.

That is my guide, basically covers everything GADV, and really covers how to do the park most efficiently. I would really like to hear suggestions from other people, so don't be shy!