Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Associated Press Travel Editor's TR of GADV  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Associated Press Travel Editor's TR of GADV
« on: October 24, 2006, 08:08:18 PM »

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Re: Associated Press Travel Editor's TR of GADV
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 11:50:39 AM »
That is the same experience I had.
long lines for lame Horror attractions
SFNE was much better

I went on a Saturday night and I got one ride it was KK with a exit pass I had, I waited 25 minutes for front with 2 train operation. that was the only ride I went on that night.
did the Terror trail,torched show  then tried to to the hayride but it was closed even before 10pm.
 will never go on a Saturday night again unless it's raining
Yo

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 10:06:14 PM »
Now this story didn't suprise me at all. Maybe the park should start FF earlier in Sept. Maybe then the crowds will be better . Or do what other parks do make the season pass only good for that year . If I had gone to Dorney and bought a 2007 SP I couldn't have used it for this year at all. Maybe that will kill some of the crowds . Too many people at one time make others think of not comming back to the park .To me that is worse for business then restricting the sale of the SP to the year sold.. AS this story is  not too great for business people don't want to read how long the lines are and that it took HOURS to get out of the parking lot.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 11:15:26 AM »
With the crowds FF draws you would think they could make some more $ if they started FF earlier like later Sept.
Yo

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 07:35:22 AM »
...which is what Cedar Fair is doing at some of its parks next year.  At Kings Island, for example, Fear Fest will begin the last Friday in September.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 11:27:44 AM »
Even the last Friday in Sept . is a little late here maybe two fridays earlier is better. Too many people want to come to FF . I also believe no matter what they do it will be a mess at FF. The closer it got to Halloween the worse the crowds got. The crowds wouldn't be so bad IF ALL the rides were up and running ,they didn't over sell the flash pass and dispatch times on rides were just better then they are. Have all trains running is what it really comes down to and that leads all back to staffing issues.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 12:41:28 PM »
Well, at Kings Island, it won't be any earlier...the park is closed the other September weekends for highly profitable buy-outs.

Besides, I don't think most people are interested in Halloween when the trees still have leaves and the kiddies have just gotten back into school.

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 08:56:28 PM »
CP is even doing their event this year starting on the weekend including September 15. That's the earliet Halloween event I've seen yet.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!