Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Great Adventure's 2007 Goals  (Read 10700 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Re: Great Adventure's 2007 Goals
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2007, 09:07:00 PM »
Any word yet on when the concert's will be announced?? I thought by now they would have some sort of line up on the web site but I haven't seen anything yet. It is almost March .

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2007, 09:27:57 PM »
^I keep checking everyday because last year they released them about this time.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2007, 09:36:14 PM »
Welcome to Updates Slyguy :)  Yes, they usually come out around this time of year but due to a few changes with Gadv's venue options, they might be a little delayed this year.  I have a feeling we might even see a few pop in during the year as well (although that isn't all that unusual either)

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2007, 09:41:33 PM »
Is Gadv going to be included in that MTV Concert series they mentioned a while back?

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2007, 10:42:09 PM »
Quick comment on KK queue...I have a feeling it will never be back.  In the past few months I have had experiance with the State of New Jersey Ride Inspectors.  They are professional people, and they want to get the job done as safely as possible with no margin for error.  If there is even the slightest chance that something will happen that will cause someone harm, they will implace restrictions on the park.  Since KK has had an incident with it's queue before, I believe that it will not reopen the queue without serious reconstruction of the queue and more safty measures implimented on the area.  They may have to destroy the whole queue just to rebuilt it to standards.  Would it be worth it since it seems to be working fine now?  Only time will tell.
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2007, 10:57:07 PM »
For the queue, an agreement was reached between Six Flags and the state.  It is up to SFI to determine if it is even feasible from a cost perspective to apply these agreed upon changes.  Somehow, I think not.  A queue doesn't exactly give you a ROI.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2007, 07:17:23 AM »
Another option would be to have the entrance to the queue be before the Kingda Ka station, wrap around behind along the parking lot and meet with the old queue. 
This way you would avoid going under the track. 
The lockers might need to be relocated too.

I actually hope it stays the way it is...the old queue was just huge!
It was never easy to tell how many people were on line.
Not that the number of people on line correlates to your wait on line with Kingda Ka  ;).

Offline twisterbret

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2007, 10:00:57 AM »
Why does the cue need to be changed for Kingda Ka? Is it to close to the launch?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2007, 11:09:43 AM »
After the "incident" during its opening year, the state will not permit park guests to be that close to the launch track without insane amounts of protection.  So what was probably one of the best queues ever designed for a Six Flags park is no longer able to be used :(.  This is why ever since they have only used the first part of the queue and the overflow went into the parking lot under tents behind GASM.

Offline Pashacar

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2007, 04:38:40 PM »
Is it still that horrid, unprofessional, temporary setup this season??? Even if it had to be short of reusing the old queue, they could have thought of SOMETHING

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2007, 09:23:38 PM »
Do you think they could adjust it somehow that half the people go to the right station using the old queue?...as in enter to the left of the station and walk around near the parking lot side into a cattle pen or is it just not near the ride at all?

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2007, 10:17:44 PM »
Honstly, what else can they do?  IMO they're making the best out of the situation that they can.  There's nowhere else that they can turn the line around.  They can't go near or under the track, so using the queue is simply out of the question.  It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline candc

• Koala Canyon
  • Carlos & Chris
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 02:48:29 PM »
-do something about the stairs that lead up to Nitro's platform!  They are too narrow and not everyone reads the signs that say for the front row, stay to the left, all other rows stay to the right.  I would actually build another set of stairs that go to the front row directly.  This would speed up the lines and loading times a great deal.  Often I am waiting on the line, which isn't moving, because people are blocking the top waiting to get on the front row.  And when I've gotten up there, hardly anyone was waiting for the other rows!  Annoys me everytime.

-definately do something next year with that area where Freefall stood.  It's dead!  Get a Power Tower or something.

-Add some waterfalls to Congo Rapids towards the end of the ride so the water actually falls on you and gets you completely wet (many other parks have this).  I've escaped completely dry too many times.  And now we only have 2 water rides in the park.

-bring back the park hours we had from years past.  These shorter hours make it even more difficult for people who don't live so close to ride as much (especially when there are unneccesary long lines due to having less trains on a coaster or incompitent people who don't know how to move up and keep the lines going.

-definately reward the employees!  They work long hours and hard.  it will boost their moral andactually feel proud to be there and make a difference in customer's experience.

-have some OFFICIAL themed days/weekends done by the actual park; Latino Pride, United Nations, Gay Pride (now that gays & lesbians can legally be married), etc.  And have specific foods, music, & entertainment on those days/weekends to make it more of an experience, exposing people to different cultures.

-More security on lines and eject all line cutters, people wearing offensive clothing, and any other rule violaters.  A unified example has to be set so people know Six Flags is serious.

-arrest those that are smoking dope while walking through the tunnels of Skull Mountain (how often do I have to smell the weed)!

Anyway, I can go on and on......LOL

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 04:13:15 PM »
There's three water rides.  Congo Rapids, Log Flume, and Movietown Water Effect

Employees do get rewarded, and this season they're adding a lot more.

They do have those official themed days you mentioned with the exception of United Nations.

People are being ejected for line cutting and smoking a lot now.

Otherwise, right on!

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 05:24:37 PM »
-do something about the stairs that lead up to Nitro's platform!  They are too narrow and not everyone reads the signs that say for the front row, stay to the left, all other rows stay to the right.  I would actually build another set of stairs that go to the front row directly.  This would speed up the lines and loading times a great deal.  Often I am waiting on the line, which isn't moving, because people are blocking the top waiting to get on the front row.  And when I've gotten up there, hardly anyone was waiting for the other rows!  Annoys me everytime.

Thats something they would have to do in the off season.

Its not really possible now.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2007, 05:44:20 PM »
did they modify supermans during the season?

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2007, 07:27:06 PM »
Well they had the extra set of stairs to do that. All they had to do is redirect the people down 20 ft.

Nitro's entrance only leads to one stair case.

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2007, 12:06:57 AM »
There's three water rides.  Congo Rapids, Log Flume, and Movietown Water Effect

Employees do get rewarded, and this season they're adding a lot more.

They do have those official themed days you mentioned with the exception of United Nations.

People are being ejected for line cutting and smoking a lot now.

Otherwise, right on!

How do employees get rewarded?

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2007, 12:08:34 AM »
Speaking of Kingda Ka's que, lets just move it to Ohio along with the que and then our problem is solved ;)

Nitro can be a pain as the fastpass dumps out to the back :(
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2007, 01:34:27 AM »
They have employee parties in the middle of the day (usually when people are starting to take their breaks) where they give away prizes.  To gain entrance to the party, you have to have an "In The Zone" card which is rewarded for doing a good job while you're working.  The prizes are raffled at different levels which require different amounts of cards to win those prizes.  For example, you might have movie tickets being raffled off at 2 cards, a stereo at 4 cards, and an iPod at 10 cards.  This year they announced that they are adding "On the spot" bonuses.  Any team of employees at a ride, or food stand, or whatever position might be challenged to achieve a certain goal for the day which is slightly above what their normal production is.  If they achieve that goal, they'll get a spot bonus on their next check.  Also, with the Nintendo partnership, they're trying to do something extra special as a perk for star employees. ;)  Getting compliments at Guest Relations ends up in getting some sort of award as well.  They also have some other things that they are working on that they didn't announce for incentives.  Corporate realizes that they need to keep the team members happy to make them work to their maximum potential, so they threw a bunch of money at the park to let them go buckwild with employee incentives.  It's pretty cool.  That's in addition to the discount tickets we get, free entry on weekdays, discount season passes, free tickets for working certain months to give to family/friends, discounts on park merchandise, etc.  We get a lot.

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2007, 08:44:46 AM »
Thanks for the info, rjholla.  I always send compliments to guest relations about employees who go above and beyond each time I visit the park.  I am glad to see their are programs in place to reward them for their hard work.  Six Flags does seem like a great place to work!  If it was not so far from me, I would get a part time job there.