Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Great Adventure's 2007 Goals  (Read 10701 times)

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Great Adventure's 2007 Goals
« on: October 30, 2006, 12:25:01 AM »
This thread is not about what's new for 2007, this is for you to sound off on your hopes or expectations for next season.  What goals do you think the park should strive for to make 2007 even better than 2006 was?
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Re: Great Adventure's 2007 Goals
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 06:42:31 AM »
* All rides open all the time, if at all possible.

* All trains functioning on Kingda Ka.

* The areas around leased food stands being clean and not full of loafers.

* Operations good enough that people don't HAVE to buy a Gold Q-Bot just to have an enjoyable day.

* Fix the holes in the parking lot.

* Run Six Flags Great Adventure with the goal of making it the BEST Six Flags park, and the BEST seasonal park in the USA or Canada.

* Improve the shows and always remember that not everyone who comes to a park is only interested in rides...or even interested in rides at all.

* Remember, too; that the littlest guests of the park are its future...treat them with decency and respect, and always make sure they have a safe, secure, fun place to go.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 07:12:52 AM »
* Remove the sand from El Toro's landscaping.   No more sandblasting in the rear of the train!

* Do something about the Freefall / Chiller area of the park. 

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 12:11:01 PM »
* Rewards programs for employees!

* Like GADVwow said, make all rides operational and have maximum capacity going on them.

* Increase capacity on rides!

* Play music throughout the entire park.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 12:14:59 PM »
Music - Chuck and I were just commenting on that Saturday night.

They should try adding music to the ride cycles of some of these kiddie rides to add some excitement.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 01:46:05 PM »
Yes all below is Good
- But the Music (DJ) in the Q line for Toro was way to load from what I heard from others.
- Incentives/performance bonuses always work as It has work for me in my past Jobs.
- More incentive/perks to Employees like free comps tickets so they can bring friends etc.
   will Make them want to work there.
- Employees of the Month or Week for say each Section of the park or Department
   with bonuses etc.  A little bonus goes a long way in the long run.

I do think we have seen great ride opp enthusiasm on the Big Coasters this year
Actually all the employees I have come across this year all seemed nice.
Yo

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 06:44:23 PM »
Exactly. A program like Cedar Fair's would do wonders. A small little bonus for most guest compliments and being the best team in the park could only help. It's not like that money is gonna send them that much more under.

*Beef up security that actually do their job. Get the un-family friendly people out of the park, and this should happen with their new "policy"

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 07:03:16 AM »
- I've often thought that a single rider line to fill those empty seats that you see all the time.
  Part of me just thinks this will just make dispatch times worse. 
  I have seen other parks do this...so it is possible. 
  This also could be abused.  So maybe charge an extra daily fee or annual season pass charge for the single rider privilege.

- I agree about the music in the queue!  Not only loud but the wrong music! 
  Play family friendly music or stick with the loop of themed music. 
  El Toro's line is so much better when they play the Salsa themed music instead of "Baby's Got Back!!". 
  On my trip to SFNE their music was so much better. 
  Music Soothes the Savage Beast?  But maybe it has to be the right kind of music.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 02:23:07 PM »
At dorney i saw a few certificates in Talon's station, best night crew of the month blah blah.

why dont we do that.

Single riders are a good thing.  I cant stand it when a group is holding off trains at a time just to sit with other people, and never let anyone infront of them.  That needs to stop.

work on the movie town section.. its pretty hurting.

clean up nitro a bit.  Its only 5 years old and it looks like its 15!

the newest sections of the park are amazing as far as im concerned.  this shows me that we are capable of doing the entire park up to make it look just as nice.  now there are no excuses!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 02:27:32 PM by chilled182 »
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 05:17:48 PM »
- I've often thought that a single rider line to fill those empty seats that you see all the time.
  Part of me just thinks this will just make dispatch times worse. 
  I have seen other parks do this...so it is possible. 
  This also could be abused.  So maybe charge an extra daily fee or annual season pass charge for the single rider privilege

In my experience GP would wait 2 hours and ride with their friends than wait 30 min and ride alone. I doubt anyone but us coaster enthusiasts would abuse it. And even if they do, the main line will get shorter in turn.

But I don't think it can happen with most rides because of the lack of station entrances.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 09:48:03 PM »
* Bring Spinmiester Back
* Have the rides open with the park
* KK's Old Que Back

^I am sure there is a way to do it, but that is one thing GADV REALLY lack, a single rider line would be a great thing
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 10:39:23 PM »
'Abuse' of the single rider line IMO isn't an issue.  Most people in large groups really want to sit together, or close together.  If not that, at least on the same train.  With the single rider line, they will get split up, they will not sit together, and they will not get what they truly want...unless they really don't care.  Most times that is enough to keep groups in the regular line.  The single riders will love it because they won't have to wait forever alone in line, trying to fill up time by eavesdropping on conversations, bringing some entertainment device that they don't want to have at the park in the first place, or wasting cell phone minutes for filler conversation.  Plus they get the bonus of riding more attractions in a day.

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 04:46:15 PM »
^ Amen to that. Considering i'll be going to the park myself until nephew Daniel is tall enought to ride the big ones, a single rider line is a great idea.
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Offline wheels0000

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 09:22:18 PM »
Except to make a single rider line work they'd have to tell you where to sit. There's no other way that they could do it without causing trains to stack. I'd rather see a couple of empty seats on the train than all the trains sitting in a line, while I wait in line.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 11:07:05 PM »
If done right, you can pull it off with no stacking.  If employees are looking, you'd know within 10 seconds how many empty seats there are.  Those handful of people won't even slow down loading too much.  The main thing is if the crew will hold up that intensity.  I've seen Nitro dispatch with not only no stacking, but seconds to spare.  That held up for a very long time as well.

Offline wheels0000

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 08:37:01 AM »
But then you still got to get the people from the single rider line to on the ride locked in. Thats going to use up any spare time you had to get the train out before stacking. It's faster to send the ride with a couple of seats empty than to hold it to fill one or two seats. Everytime they stack it starts to add up quickly the fewer trains they can run an hour.

Offline Hannah

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 10:46:00 AM »
I've been at parks like Cedar Point, PKD, and countless others where the ride-ops count the next people in line. How many ? 2.... OK,  How many.. 1. When this happens they scream out " Any single riders"   The people who choose to go to the park alone are dying to hear that  and run straight to the front.  If it's a certain ride and I'm in a party of three , I'm the one running to the front to hop on.  It does work when both the ride-ops and guest are paying attention to fill the ride.  While asking before the air gates open there's plenty of time to load  everyone before the next train gets back.

I'm pretty much agreeing with RJ's last two post on this one.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 10:48:32 AM by Hannah »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 10:53:14 AM »
The big issue with the arrangement at a park like Gadv is that lack of staff and proper queues.  And even worse is the lack of staff that could even care.  You need ops that are really on top of things for something like a single rider line to work.  Like wheels0000 said, if its going to delay things even more, you are probably better off sending out with a few empty seats with quicker dispatches.  Now if they can slip single riders into seats with such ease as disney can, than I'm all for it!

Offline Hannah

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007, 11:03:57 AM »
OK, In Great Adventures situation you might have a point. As B:tr  runs with three ops while Raptor has 8 .  The queues wouldn't matter because once inside the station it should be fairly easy to spot out the single riders.  Not saying it would  be quicker than  the single rider line  on  the Mummy or even Reese extreme cup challenge, but it could work with the proper staffing.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2007, 03:05:38 PM »
Wade, that's pretty much it.  It's definitely something that is possible.  Some of us have seen other parks do it flawlessly, so we know it's not mythical.  We also know that the crews can run the trains fast enough to give themselves the cushion that they would need for a single rider line.  The mail hurdle that Great Adventure would have is manpower, and the will of the crews to keep up the needed intensity and focus that will be needed to smoothly operate a queue that also has a separate single rider queue.

Offline wheels0000

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2007, 01:29:17 PM »
In that lies the answer, at Disney they tell you where to sit. They have the lines come together and tell you what row to go to. Plus most of there rides are set up to and always run at max capacity.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2007, 05:22:00 PM »
Well for SF to run the best it can we will need employees that really want to be there . WE will also need to have all rides running with as many trains as they can get running. Also limit the amount of flash passes. I understand it is a money making thing but it truley messes up the line movement . I think that the single rider line will be good but I can see abuse . As with the the type of crowd that sometimes comes to the park it can truley be a touch and go issue to complain to them. I truley don't know how it will work. It works in USF AND IOA and the fast pass or express pass works at parks in fla. because the employees want to be there . Our employees are not year round either that may also make a differance.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2007, 06:37:38 PM »
I've never really seen room for abuse with the single rider line.  You're told where to sit, you can only take open seats, you're entering the line knowing that if you are a group, and you will not be boarding as one on the ride. You really can't do anything.

Offline slyguy

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2007, 06:54:33 PM »
I hope they have some good shows and concerts this year  ;D

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 06:59:04 PM »
Welcome, slyguy!

I, too, hope for great shows and concerts. 

Look what they are doing down to Six Flags Over Texas.  Temple of the Tiger was great its first year.  Last year wasn't anywhere near as wonderful.

Let's hope they learned something from that.