Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 2005 Attendance figures released. Gadv not in top 15  (Read 3750 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
2005 Attendance figures released. Gadv not in top 15
« on: December 26, 2005, 07:55:13 PM »
Well, I thought Gadv might have come close to 3.5 million but I guess not...

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051225/BREAKINGNEWS/51225003

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 08:02:52 PM »
Surprising. Figuring it's an 1 1/2 from NYC and 45 min from Philly and it just added the tallest, fastest coaster in the world it should've broken 3.5 million.  :shock:

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 10:24:57 PM »
You guys got to remember, GADV does not release attendance figures.

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 10:44:51 PM »
But there are always close estimates out there, and usually GADV is in the high teens/early twenties. I am sure they are in the high teens this year....

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 11:47:28 PM »
The only reason why GADV is not in the top 15 is because disney has like 5 parks close to each other and they count them each as seperate. Im sure if there were more spots like top 20, GADV be in there for sure.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 11:58:35 PM »
With the season pass processing building packed everyday I am surprised that attendance wasn't close or higher than KBF.  Then again with Kingda ka down a month I guess that didn't help, but it always seemed packed regardless last season.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 12:09:06 AM »
you guys have to remember.. king was closed down for over half of the season.  I didnt go at all during that time period.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 01:01:17 AM »
As chilled stated, Ka was down, people were dissappointed, and even when Ka was open the latter part of the season, it wasn't even that crowded.  If it was like it was during FF, we deffinitly would have brode 3.5 million easily, but attendence like that just isn't steady, and if it was, it would have been hell on earth every day in the park.
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 09:33:28 AM »
We should soon see the entire list once a news source publishes it (or if somebody actually gets Amusement Business LOL)

I'm curious how close it was to KBF.  Even with Ka down, the place just seemed SO packed compared to 2004.  Of course, this just goes to show how much 2004 really did suck.

Remember, were just trying to catch back up to the year Nitro opened which resulted in the highest attendence ever.

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 11:04:42 AM »
You also have to remember, Knott's is open 364 days a year (only closed on Christmas day) so that also helps them tremendously.

Knott's also counts Haunt #'s as attendance (about 30% of their annual attendance). The only SoCal parks that had great attendance this year were Disneyland and DCA. Sea World also increased a bit but USH dropped 6% (mostly because the parks sucks).
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 11:41:12 PM »
The link isn't working for me :(

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!

Offline rwk

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 06:09:12 AM »
Dorney Park's clientele seems to be changing. Our area was once predominately PA Dutch, white, caucasian, but now it's becoming more of a melting pot of Hispanics and whatever. I remember in the 80's DP was more local people and predominately white. Now, it's crazy. People drive or bus from NJ/NYC/Philly to the park and there's a higher number of blacks living in those areas. Perhaps it's the newer coasters, Steel Force, Talon, etc. that's drawing these people. Perhaps they were Great Adv. customers in the past but only recently discovered Dorney Park. We get over a million a year now. And it's mostly teens and young people as you would expect with a park with newer B&M coasters. Cedar must be really be making their money with Dorney Park because of the close proximity to high population areas.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 06:37:14 AM »
From what I've observed in the queue's, a lot of DP's new clientel are people who were disatisfied with Great Adventure and recently heard of Dorney because of the new coasters that they have added.  The higher urban demographic could be attribited to greater exposure in the NYC metro area.  It's not as saturated as Great Adventure's marketing, but it's just enough to get people interested.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel