Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Anything Goes!  (Read 272867 times)

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Re: Anything Avenue
« Reply #650 on: October 13, 2007, 05:03:34 PM »
So the theme of Montclair's homecoming this year is "party like we're 99" in celebration of the upcoming centennial of MSU next year.  My ex calls me and tells me that one of the groups brings out for their performance none other than- Mr. Six.  Awesome!
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #651 on: October 13, 2007, 11:44:56 PM »
[Gears of War] Niceee [/Gears of War]
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #652 on: October 22, 2007, 12:53:27 PM »

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom to Present the Biggest Christmas Tree in the World
Majestic Tree to Symbolize Holiday in the Park, the Biggest Holiday Celebration in California

VALLEJO, Calif., Oct 22, 2007 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- VALLEJO, Calif., Oct. 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/-- Standing at 125' tall, the towering presence and iconic symbol of California's biggest holiday celebration, Holiday in the Park at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, will be a gigantic Douglas fir -- the biggest Christmas tree in the world! The tree is expected to arrive at the park on October 30 from a tree farm in Oregon, traveling first by truck on Route I-5 and finally, ceremoniously delivered via Chinook helicopter into the park. Park guests will be able to enjoy this exquisitely decorated and lighted tree when Holiday in the Park kicks off on Friday, November 23.
"Having the biggest tree in the world will make Holiday in the Park one of the most exciting and magical places to visit this holiday season," said Martin Lathrop, park president. "If you can imagine the sheer size of this magnificent tree, and add to that the dazzling display of holiday-themed areas all around the park, it really will be the biggest holiday celebration in all of California."
The Christmas tree, which has a trunk diameter of four feet and an expanse of branches up to 55 feet, will be placed in the existing Dolphin Fountain location, a centrally-located area which will allow guests to view the tree the moment they enter the park. Each night, guests will be asked to "search" for Santa Claus, whom once found, will light the Christmas tree and the actual park simultaneously unveiling millions of twinkling lights in an extraordinary visual display.
The 125' tree, transported from the Willamette Evergreen Tree Farm in Salem, OR will be considered the tallest cut Christmas tree found this holiday season. To transport the tree to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, the park has enlisted the services of expert transport service Total Quality Logistics and Redmond Heavy Hauling of Portland. A 75' tractor will be attached to an 18- wheeler and the truck will journey from Oregon to California on Interstate 5. Large banners will identify the special cargo as the biggest Christmas tree in the world, as the truck makes its way along 580-mile rural route, stopping at various towns before arriving at its final destination.
"The public can literally track the tree's journey on our website and make plans to see the biggest Christmas tree in the world as it passes through their hometown," said Lathrop.
After the approximate 2-3 day journey, the tree will be air-lifted directly into the park by a BV234 Chinook helicopter, the biggest and heaviest lifting helicopter in the U.S., piloted by Columbia Helicopters of Oregon. Members of the media will be invited to photograph what will no doubt be an incredible sight, as the tree is set in place inside the park. The tree will be decorated over the next few weeks and be on display throughout the entire run of Holiday in the Park.
For Holiday in the Park, the park is being transformed in familiar and time-honored holiday themes. Guests will enjoy millions of dazzling lights, life-sized toys and ornaments, non-stop entertainment and festival-like ambience to get everyone into the spirit of the season.
Among the myriad Holiday in the Park offerings: Santa's Workshop, where kids can visit those industrious elves and pose with Santa and Mrs. Claus; Candy Cane Lane, a canopy of larger-than-life candy canes and lollipops; Toyland featuring an enormous Nutcracker soldier, teddy bear and other giant- sized toys; the Christmas Tree Forest with the fragrant aroma of a variety of trees and Winter Wonderland where Frosty the Snowman has set up house.
The entertainment lineup will include an array of all new holiday-themed wildlife shows including Dream, starring Shouka, the killer whale; Super Spirited Sea Lions Save Christmas, and A Dolphin Holiday. In Toyland, toys come to life in the original "Toy Box Christmas" show and at the Jungle Theater, an all-new marquee presentation, "Discover Christmas." Additionally, a new holiday movie, "Santa's Late," will premier in the 4D Iwerks Theater.
The inaugural Holiday in the Park event at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom will begin on Friday, November 23 and operate on weekends through December 16, daily from December 17-23 (closed December 24 and 25). Special holiday dates are December 26 through January 6, 2008.
Operating hours for Holiday in the Park, the biggest holiday celebration in California vary. Visit www.sixflags.com/discoverykingdom for admission fees and operating hours. Guests can enjoy all of the fun and exciting new attractions at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom with the purchase of a 2008 Six Flags Season Pass. Passes are now on sale for $69.99 each. Season Passes are available for purchase online at sixflags.com or by calling (707) 644-5260. Holiday in the Park will be available for 2007 Season Pass holders as an additional bonus to the regular operating season. Purchase of a 2008 Season Pass allows free admission both the 2007 and 2008 Holiday in the Park and all of the 2008 operating season.
Yo

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #653 on: October 22, 2007, 01:39:03 PM »
I wonder if the rides will be open...

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #654 on: October 23, 2007, 10:20:26 AM »
I'm in Titusville to watch the Space Shuttle launch. Awesome!

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #655 on: October 26, 2007, 03:39:22 AM »
Space Mountain + Zone 1 effects turned off = Awesome!

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
Anything Avenue
« Reply #656 on: October 26, 2007, 07:22:19 AM »

;)

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #657 on: November 07, 2007, 04:26:50 PM »
interesting

The Latest Concept in Thrill Rides:
The Cantilevered Roller Coaster System

www.cantileveredcoaster.com
Yo

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #658 on: November 07, 2007, 04:39:38 PM »
That's been around for a while. Looks interesting

Offline Majortom1981

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #659 on: November 07, 2007, 06:41:45 PM »
rjholla I actually got stuck on space mountain for 1 hour last year. I was in car 21 i think it was. The restraints wouldnt open. they had to shut down the whole ride and wheel me and the car into the maintanance portion and tried to get me out for 45 minutes. they finally got a maintanance guy with a crowbar and hammer and wacked away at the car till it opened.

The bad part? The next day the car was back in service. they also had this cool mickey portrait done all in pennies.

PS Six Flags stock is tanking. Its now at $2.80 a share. I should buy $100 worth(ontop of the couple of shares I have already) and make some money.

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #660 on: November 07, 2007, 10:09:11 PM »
Je suis le banane. Je n'aime pas le fran?ais, mais je suis le saisissant. Oui oui fran?ais. Je veux un partenaire dans le crime pour rouler montagnes russes avec moi. Oui, je suis encore en tapant fran?aise, alors je ne parle pas fran?ais.  Fermer! ...non! Muwahaha, Je continuerai ? ?crire en fran?ais parce que je suis gai. Je suis incroyable. Vous voulez ?tre tout comme moi! J'aimerais pouvoir retourner au Japon, mais je ne peux pas parce que la vie est mauvaise! Vous aimez ma diatribe?

-Dainan "Je suis fatigu?e" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #661 on: November 07, 2007, 10:23:46 PM »
Hey banana, been playing with Google translater?  :D

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #662 on: November 08, 2007, 09:20:05 AM »
I would also like to go to Japan
I can ride rollercoasters with you or was it Russian mountains

"I would like to be able to go back to Japan"

yes Google is good also http://babelfish.altavista.com

Google just highlite and right click select translate  if you have the Google toolbar

Tom "I am tired" Connor
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 09:23:59 AM by pcman »
Yo

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #663 on: November 09, 2007, 07:08:33 AM »
Tonight on 20/20 (10pm on Ch 6/7) Diane Sawyer updates the fate of 3 Camden families who were living in bad conditions a year ago on Have a Little Faith.

Extreme Makeover Home Edition will feature the Marrero family  and the construction of their new home in Pennsauken. The family was featured last year on the 20/20 special Who Will Help. Extreme Makeover airs Sunday at 8pm on Ch. 6/7.
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline Majortom1981

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #664 on: November 09, 2007, 07:42:53 AM »
Looks like I am buying more stock in the company lol. with shares at this price I could spend $100 and make a good chunk of change in the future.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #665 on: November 09, 2007, 07:58:52 AM »
A lot of what happens to the stock in the short term depends on this:

http://investors.sixflags.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=61629&p=irol-irhome

8:30 am.  Today.

Offline Majortom1981

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #666 on: November 09, 2007, 08:08:58 AM »
Hmm press release states that everything went down by about 2 percent. This company is in big trouble.

Total revenue down by 2% to 465.2 from 474.2 million in 2006.Attendance decreased .3 million or 3%

Income was 89.7 million compared to 127.9 million in 2006
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 08:15:49 AM by Majortom1981 »

Offline Majortom1981

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #667 on: November 09, 2007, 08:20:33 AM »
- Quarterly Revenue Down 2% Due to Soft July Attendance, Partially Offset by Total Revenue Per Capita Growth

- Nine Month Revenue Up 2% on Stable Attendance and Total Revenue Per Capita Growth, Despite Fewer Park Operating Days

NEW YORK, Nov. 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Six Flags, Inc. (NYSE: SIX) today announced operating results for its third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2007.(1)

Total revenue for the quarter decreased 2% to $465.2 million from $474.2 million in the prior-year quarter. Attendance decreased 0.3 million, or 3%, to 12.0 million from 12.3 million in the prior year. The attendance decrease stems from a difficult July during which attendance dropped 9% compared to the prior year reflecting unfavorable weather primarily at our Texas and Georgia parks, one less Saturday in the operating calendar, and extensive national media coverage of a ride-related accident in late June at the Company's park in Louisville, Kentucky. Prior to these events, attendance for June had increased 10% over the prior year. Following these events, August stabilized at 1% and September increased 8% over the prior year attendance.

Total revenue per capita for the quarter increased by $0.39 (1%) to $38.90, reflecting increased sponsorship revenue. Per capita guest spending increased $0.04 during the quarter to $37.13 as guests spent 3% more in-park, primarily on food and beverages, parking, and games, while per capita spending on admissions was down slightly, reflecting an increased mix of season pass and promotional offer attendance.

The Company's income from continuing operations for the quarter was $89.7 million, compared to income of $127.9 million in the third quarter of 2006, reflecting reduced revenue, $15.3 million of increased costs and expenses primarily from increased advertising ($10.0 million) and park-wide labor ($5.3 million), the cost of settling a class-action labor lawsuit in California (included with other expense in the statement of operations), and an increased loss on the disposal of fixed assets.

"I'm proud of the advances we continue to make at Six Flags despite a temporary setback within the third quarter due to inclement July weather and extensive negative publicity stemming from the accident at our Kentucky park," said Mark Shapiro, Six Flags President and CEO. "With revenue per guest and consumer satisfaction scores at all-time highs and a powerful park-wide capital expansion plan on deck, we are well positioned to deliver on the promise of this company's turnaround in 2008."

Net income applicable to common stock in the third quarter 2007 was $84.2 million, or $0.61 per share - diluted, compared to net income applicable to common stock of $159.3 million, or $1.08 per common share - diluted in the prior-year period, which included $36.8 million (or $0.23 per common share - diluted) of gain from discontinued operations.

Adjusted EBITDA(2) for the quarter was $198.6 million, compared to $216.7 million in the third quarter of 2006, reflecting decreased revenue and increased costs and expenses and a $5.2 million reduction in third-party share of Adjusted EBITDA due to the Company's acquisition in July of the minority interest in Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.

Nine Month Results

For the nine months ended September 30, 2007, total revenue increased $19.3 million, or 2%, to $860.6 million from $841.3 million in the prior-year period.

Total revenue per capita for the nine months compared to the prior-year period increased $0.94 (2%) to $39.02 reflecting increased sponsorship revenue and per capita guest spending. Increased per capita guest spending for the nine months of $0.44 over the prior-year period, or 1%, to $36.91 was driven by increased food and beverages, parking, rentals and games revenue. Attendance for the nine months ended September 30, 2007 was 22.1 million, flat with the prior-year period, despite 53 (2%) fewer park operating days.

Total costs and expenses, including cost of sales, depreciation, amortization, stock-based compensation and loss on fixed assets, increased $14.7 million to $752.5 million for the first nine months of 2007 compared to the prior-year period. The key drivers of the change were increased advertising expense ($28.0 million) and park-wide labor ($10.6 million), partially offset by prior-year costs related to the change in management ($13.7 million), a reduced loss on fixed assets ($8.8 million) and lower stock-based compensation ($6.8 million).

Net loss applicable to common stock for the first nine months of 2007 was $142.7 million, or $1.51 per share, compared to a net loss applicable to common stock of $132.4 million, or $1.41 per common share in the prior-year period. The increased net loss of $10.3 million reflects a higher loss from continuing operations ($6.8 million) driven by higher costs and expenses and an increased loss from discontinued operations ($4.6 million), partially offset by the impact of a prior-year change in accounting principles ($1.0 million).

Adjusted EBITDA for the first nine months of 2007 improved by $0.6 million over the prior-year period to $187.7 million.

Cash and Liquidity

As of September 30, 2007, the Company had no balance outstanding on its $275 million revolving credit facility (excluding letters of credit in the amount of $33.3 million) and had $105.4 million in unrestricted cash.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #668 on: November 09, 2007, 09:32:40 AM »
Dan, Have you been by the extreme make over house yet?  I'm really interested in seeing the inside since I just drove by it the other day.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #669 on: November 09, 2007, 01:27:22 PM »

Hi-Speedline expansion hearings set

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071109/NEWS01/711090397/-1/

this may interest local travelers

they been talking about this for about 20+ years
Just like the Original route 55 was supposed to extend to Cape May Parkway area
Yo

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #670 on: November 09, 2007, 02:25:31 PM »
 2008 OPERATING CALENDAR:  The Company intends to stretch its season        into November for some of its yet-to-be announced parks and to launch        its popular Holiday in the Park offering in a Northeast park next        season.

Man, I hope it is at Great Adventure...

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #671 on: November 09, 2007, 02:30:20 PM »
Once the final routes are chosen and funding is promised, construction could take six or seven years beginning in early 2009, said John J. Matheussen, DRPA's executive director.

Even though I sadly drive every single day from Deptford to Camden Ferry Ave and would LOVE this to happen, this is why I don't care.  The odds of me even living in this crap hole of a state in that amount of time are slim to none.  They've been talking about this for YEARS and enough is enough.  Its too late as more people are fleeing this state than are moving in.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #672 on: November 09, 2007, 04:07:18 PM »
Move North to Central Jersey. ;)

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #673 on: November 09, 2007, 04:25:19 PM »

thanksgiving and Black Friday Ads

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com

Toshiba 65" DLP 1080p  $1490  WOW Circuit city
50" Plazma $999  Circuit city
Mio 220 GPS $79  Pep Boys
TomTom one going for $112 at Pepboys and other places I like the Mio's Maps better (TelAtlas)
these things are dropping in price so fast

I'm still waiting for another year and lower prices for a HDTV or untill my 36" tube blows up or I kick it.
All my Friends have 55'-60" HDTV  so i watch football at their place.

Yo

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #674 on: November 09, 2007, 04:30:34 PM »
Hey banana, been playing with Google translater?  :D

Nope :P

Coaster Count: 255