Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Opening Day 4/2  (Read 3082 times)

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Opening Day 4/2
« on: April 02, 2007, 11:25:00 PM »
So after getting 4 hours of sleep the night before from going to PKD. I was off to GA to get my Toro fix.

I arrived at the park at around 10am and saw this...

Walked in and hung out near the ticket entrance for the gates to open while observing someone checking the cables on Dare Devil Dive...

Crazy man! Anyway, entered the park and waited for the ropes to drop. Ran right to Toro and waited an hour for them to open it.  :'( But, got the first train out in the back seat and was a happy camper.

Then rode RT, definitely did some trackwork to it in the offseason. Afterwards, proceeded to Ka and waited about a half hour and it broke down and after waiting 15 minutes with nothing happening we left and went to KFC.

We came back and met up with Rob and his girlfriend and went back to Toro, but I broke it and then I took some crazy pictures of water dummies on El Toro.

Ka and Toro sitting there...

Met up with Clint, George and his girlfriend and went on Medusa which was very nice and then worked out way to see how Chiller is looking.

Some angles it looks really cool, but then some angles it looks ehh. I guess I will have to wait till ride. So, we wandered over to Nitro and got an awesome ride on Nitro which was kicking butt today.

After that, got a call from Rob saying Ka just opened back up and got a front row ride with a 4 train wait with Clint.  :D Afterwards, went over to RT again and saw DAN!

Afterwards, got another back seat ride on Toro and then headed over to Ka for the last ride of the night. Ended up grabbing the last train out in the front row with the tower half covered in fog! It was awesome!

Walked to the exit and did the hand slapping and saw Kristin again, which was very cool and got to my car before taking one last picture...

Awesome day!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: Opening Day 4/2
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 08:54:25 AM »
Hey, I thought that was you by El Toro ..I should have said Hi.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 09:41:52 AM »
I saw you first in line for ET when we were going up on RT's first train.  I waved, but I guess you didn't see me.

Wow, Dan is working on RT again.  That's awesome!  Of course he never even told us. :-)Hopefully we can start racking up rides like we used to now that the crew will be rocking.

We didn't ride ET, but I noticed Matt was manning the entrance before it opened.  He was another awesome op from back in the day.  It's great to see familiar faces returning to work in the park.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 11:00:08 AM »
Spot the GAdvupdates member.

in line for KK I seen Bubba.
Walking to ET I talked with Davdjr and seen Cyclonman.
In line for ET I seen Chuck going up the lift on RT I shouted out he didn't here me.
WHile I was going up RT lift I seen Chuck inline at KK.
Got a ride in with Rob(frissbie) and Wade on Nitro.
Seen a few other familiar faces in the crowd.
it was funny seeing so many faces you know or know of almost like an ACE event.
I stinks I had to leave early especially hearing KK opening up later in the day.
Hoping for some ERT with ACE or other this year (August Ace preservation).

THis was my first - first day vista to Great Adventure.
with weather in the 40's the end of the week it may be a good time to get some rides.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 11:04:03 AM by pcman »
Yo

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 11:11:36 AM »
Wow, Dan is working on RT again.  That's awesome!  Of course he never even told us. :-)Hopefully we can start racking up rides like we used to now that the crew will be rocking.

It was supposed to be a surprise but Chuck blew it. Good job Chuck.

It was nice seeing Chuck and Rob and his girlfriend on opening day. Chuck your camera work is awesome. You got some jackets and a Magic Mountain cup that was  not even in guest view.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 11:07:15 AM by darkridedan »
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 12:54:45 PM »
Spot the GAdvupdates member.

Hmmm...  I didn't see too many folks:

I saw Chuck a the front of the El Toro line early on.
I stood next to Dave Jr and we both played with the ET test seats.  We did not know who each other were, which is kinda funny.
I saw GadvWOW (I think) getting off Skull Mountain.  I was waiting for the back seat and he was in it when the train came into the station.
I said hi to Sue and Rich as they were headed to Nitro.  They looked at me befuddled.

It is pretty funny when people have no idea who you are.
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 01:01:30 PM »
Nate/Chuck, I don't know how in the world I missed ya yesterday.  We were there from 10:45 - nearly closing.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to stop up to RT Dan :(.  With the family (and extended family) in tow, I was pushing it hitting the few coasters I did.  I'm sure I'll see you plenty throughout the year though.  Esp. if they race it :).

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 01:04:52 PM »
El Toro and Chuck perfect together.
Nothing could keep Chuck away from ET on opening day he loves that coaster LOL.
Yo

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 06:58:25 PM »
Sue, I did see you but by the time I realized it was you it was too late. It seems like they retracked RT because it's definitely alot smoother than last year.

It was nice hanging out with everyone, now if Wade would of answered his phone calls maybe I could of completed the day by going in Balin's Jungleland!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 07:55:04 PM »
Awl geez... my phone ended up in our backpack because my wife had her phone on her lol  You could have spent a solid 2 hours in Balins Jungleland Chuck lol

Don't worry, there will be plenty more opportunities :)

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 08:13:07 PM »
Both Cyclonic and I had problems with the Toro test seat. it looks like i won't be riding it. I'm too darn fat. No problems last year but now it's different. (thanks very much Intamin >:( )
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 05:40:56 PM »
I said hi to Sue and Rich as they were headed to Nitro.  They looked at me befuddled.

Sorry about that.  I didn't see you until the last minute so you caught me off guard.  As for Rich, he never recognizes anyone so don't feel bad about that.  :-)  I do know who you are.  Your name is Nate, right?

Anyway, it was nice seeing you!

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 08:17:13 PM »
Sue and Rich... I think I may have seen you at the park.  I have only met a few poeple from the board and that was on Monday in front of the Wiggles world.  Do you guys always go together and were also in the park on Tuesday.  If not, I am thinking of the wrong people.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 08:29:59 PM »
No, that couldn't have been us.  We were there for a bit on Monday, but not on Tuesday.  FYI, we're on the right in this picture.

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 08:34:36 PM »
lol.. ok.. thanks.. there is a lady and a guy that I always see together at the park.  They were there Monday and Tuesday.  I bet they are on this board also.  Next time I should just go up and ask them.  Now I know what you look like and will say hi next time I see you.