Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Photo Trip Repot: 4/2/7  (Read 2786 times)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
Photo Trip Repot: 4/2/7
« on: April 03, 2007, 12:10:07 AM »
It was a really cool day. I met a lot of cool people, and alot of people knew me that I got to meet.

People:
Me
Twin brother: Anthony
Little sister: Savannah
Mom
Girl friend: Amanda (Queenda Ka)
Dan (kkrider09)
JR (medusa05)
Dave
Kenny (Kenskie)
Cory (Coasterrider1999)
Justin (CoasterCrazy)
Renee (sixflagsnj1)
Sue (SFGASue)
Brian
Stew
SxyDan
TJ (kkroxmysox)
Dave (Beethoven)
Mike
Nick
Chuck R
Buba Z
Others

Wow! Wow, wow wow! What an incredible day. I didn't make it for opening but I got there at a decent hour. We walked around for a bit. Went to Johnny Rockets at 12:30, closed! Went over to Best Of The West and it was closed. Went over to La Cocina and met up with Dan, Dave, Amanda, Rei (Amanda's mom), JR, Kenny, David Jr and Stew (who followed me from the bridge, oh he will so pay for this in the video :P . JR, Savannah, Anthony and I went on El Toro where we met up with Sue and Brian.  We sat twords the back, and I'm not going to lie. The ride just wasn't, delivering. It was running pretty slow (compared to usual), but it's the very begging of the season so this was expected.

After that, JR went over to Kingda Ka, and Amanda, Savannah, Dan, Dave, and Anthony went on Rolling Thunder (left) which was running really good today! Pretty smooth. After that, Dan and Dave went to go on Medusa while the rest of us went on Tangp....nuff said. Next,w e all met at Granny's Kitchen. The food isn't that great. Anthony got a Gyro at Mama Florras.

After this we went over to Houdini's Great Escape. Amanda was completely freaked out, but it was cute. It was amazing, they had every single effect  working! Some I didn't even remember. Great job SFGAv! WOW! I really just said that! Walking by the fountain, before Houdini we ran into Kristin Siebeneicher. My mom and her talked for a bit (they used to e-mail each other) and Amanda met her, and almost had a heart attack. We also saw the Six Flags Crew. Afterwords, we went over to Skull Mountain. This deserves its own paragraph.

Dan, Dave, Amanda, Anthony, Savannah and I ran into Skull's station and there were a few empty rows, but we decided to wait for the next train. Then I hear some one yell my name, and it was Cory and Justin. Amanda and I got the last row. Dan and Savannah sat infront of us, Dave and Anthony sat infront of them, and two rows ahead was Cory and Justin. While we were leaving the station (The front of the train was at the top of the lift) and it julted to a stop. The op then called mechanics and the lights turned on! SWEET! The train behind us was still on the break run (there's two by the way, they were on the first).
After what felt like for ever, the mechanic finally came in (who happens to be a Sup) and he got it restarted. Everyone was screaming and chearing and we get into the main room, and the lights were on. About 1/3 of the way through they turned off the lights. We then got on to the 1st break run (in the middle of the room) and stopped! The lights came back on, and everyone was chearing and laughing. An attendent then came out and realesed the breaks, and got us to the next block break. Then we got off. Everyone came running out chearing, jumping, and screaming, etc.

We then all headed over to Nitro where Kenny met up with us. We took up the last three rows and had an awesome ride. It was kicking real ass today!Great airtime and everything. Next we did Batman: The Ride. It ran like usual. Savannah got all coastered out, and Cory and Justin had to leave, so the only people left riding were Dave, Dan, Amanda, Anthony, and I. We then headed over to the Autobahn where we saw Ryan operating. Rei and Savannah did go on this. Then we got some ben And Jerry's and headed over to the Boardwalk.

Outised GASM, we ran into SxyDan and we went on GASM. Dave hates it, so the five of us. Anthony and Dan got the 1st row, Amanda got the 2nd, and SxyDan and I got the last row. Wow, it killed us! It was incredibly bumpy, not as much bashing, but my back, chest and shoulders were killing me. SxyDan then went back to his friends. And we all went over to SUF. It was a walk on. Dan, Dave and Anthony got the last row, and Amanda and I sat infront of them. It was pretty boaring, and they moved the on-ride poto.

Amanda, Dan, Dave, Anthony and I went over to Kingda Ka where we met up with JR and Kyle. Amanda and I got 2nd row, Dan and Dave got the 3rd row on the train infront of us with Anthony in the 4th. JR and Kyle sat behind us on that train. The two kids infront of us in line (Mike and Nick) were enthusiests....well Nick was GP, but they were cool to talk too! Also, Anthony was by himself and then a kid ran and sat next to him, looked at me and said, "Hey Dainan!" Oh snap, it was Dave (Beethoven). Then we got on. The launch was good. And I got really good ejector air too! Of course, at the end of the ride, the Six Flags Crew was there.

After that, Dan and Dave went home, and Anthony, Amanda, JR, Kyle and I went and got an other ride on El Toro! It was running MUCH better than before. After that, Amanda, Anthony and I went over and got the last 3 rides of the night on Medusa. We ran to the front (walk on) and it was pretty rough. We then got a reride (the station was empty, so they kept the restraints locked and sent us out again). Then on the third and final ride, we got the last row. It was freezing, rough, but still fun.

After that we wondered around for a bit (in the closed park) and then went home. On the way home we stopped at Wawa where I got to hang out with TJ for a little bit.

New sign.

Foggy morning.

Did anybody else find this mildly frightening.

Savannah is excited about the day!

Street Performers

Welcome 2007

Group shot.

Coaster lovers (and nerds).

Coaster Queen (my mom).

Werd

Tango!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ZAMPERLA!

Sexy El Toro.

Coaster Moms!

Amanda with her idle, Kristin Siebeneicher.

An other group shot.

This ride is amazing when ran corectly (like today).

SF Trivia.

AHHHHH YEAHHHHH

New Flashpass building (You can smell the new paint!).

Intamin goodness (Retheme it to Charlie the Unicorn).

Stuck on Skull Mountain.

Us all excited about a break down (I know, nerds. But it was so cool!).

Group shot

An other group shot.

You do not want to know what was being said.

Batman is still making you his *I LOVE DOGGIES!*.

Now for the Chiller segment:

It really looks disgusting.

Parade pics:

No one even paid attention to it.

Final group shot, I promise! But damn, there's some Sxy people in there!

Dave, Dan, Anthony and Dave (Beethoven) on Kingda Ka.

Mike and Nick

Pulling a Dragster!

JR waiting for El Toro (one train operation).

I'll finish this update with this sexy picture of sexy El Toro.

-Dainan "Really great day" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
Re: Photo Trip Repot: 4/2/7
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 08:20:24 AM »
Great pics.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 04:03:37 PM »
^hehe, no problem. I'm happy you liked them!
Click here for the video

I'll admit, it's not my best work, but it's all I had to work with.

-Dainan "I hope you like it" Rafferty

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 05:25:02 PM »
Great Pics Dainan.
The Video is cool  a lot of edits.
A lot of info. 
its funny how Toro looks like you made it go fast up the hill when that is really it's normal speed.
great work   
Just curious what do you use to edit  ?

« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 05:28:24 PM by pcman »
Yo

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 05:35:33 PM »
I actually use Windows Movie Maker. And I'm happy you liked it.

-Dainan "WMM gives me so much problems sometimes" Rafferty

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 05:56:20 PM »
Your last pic of Toro is missing something but i don't quite know what it is yet............................oh yeah, the train going down the first drop. Other than that, great pics.
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 10:49:14 AM »
I was using the VIG, with an arthritic sister, impatiant friends and 1 trainoperation. There was no way in hell I was standing there, waiting for the next train to come down.

-Dainan "Two trains, would of been an other story" Rafferty

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 11:02:13 AM »
lol, it would have been 14 minutes - literally.  I was desperate for a ride or I wouldn't have waited !

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 12:10:19 PM »
Premiere Pro rules all video editors...

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 01:05:59 PM »
Ha Ha Ha Dainan and his cast of characters
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 01:59:41 PM »
Premiere Pro rules all video editors...
I have it but the learning curve.
WMM is fast and free but ?
I just need the time to learn Premiere.
just release Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 will give that a try.

I got some old FILM from my uncle I need to convert to DVD from the 1960 early 70's  just need the time
Yo

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 02:23:47 PM »
WMM is actually quite good when you learn how to use it (there's some cool features on it). And yes Robb, the cast of characters.

-Dainan "So many characters, I'm convinced I left out a few people" Rafferty