Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Wiggles World Opening Event  (Read 3101 times)

Offline innervision

• VIP
  • Nitro
  • Holy atomic pile, Batman!
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
Wiggles World Opening Event
« on: April 03, 2007, 01:01:59 AM »
I guess this is where this should go? Haha, it was a nice event, lots of kids (duh) and the crazy Wiggles characters, you can check out the whole thing w/pictures http://www.gainsider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2406&st=0&gopid=31365&#entry31365

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Re: Wiggles World Opening Event
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 12:57:24 PM »
Video of Wiggles World opening 4-2-07
With interviews with Angel and Coasten Steve

seems to not load with Firefox , works with IE

http://tinyurl.com/2tq2z7

http://www.coasterworldnews.com/v2/?cat=media&page=player&address=APRIL%203RD%202007.wmv

source: coasterworldnews.com
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 01:00:53 PM by pcman »
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 01:10:07 PM »

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 05:51:15 PM »
Here is the B roles of Wiggles

www.prnewswire.com/mnr/sixflags/27497/

SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE UNVEILS WIGGLES WORLD BASED OFF THE MOST POPULAR CHILDREN'S ENTERTAINERS IN THE WORLD, 'THE WIGGLES,' APRIL 2
Six Flags Wild Safari debuts the Exploration Station ?
a new, interactive adventure

JACKSON, N.J., April 03, 2007 ? Six Flags Great Adventure unveiled a newly-themed area, "Wiggles World" April 2, the park's official opening day for the 2007 season. Just next door at Six Flags Wild Safari, guests will take a one-of-a-kind journey in the all-new Wild Safari Exploration Station, featuring hands-on Safari interactive adventures.

Beginning April 2, parents and young children can now experience "Wiggles World," the park's fourth area devoted to kids featuring specially-themed rides and attractions including The Big Red Car ride, The Big Red Plane ride, Dorothy the Dinosaur's Racing to the Rainbow balloon ride, Bouncin' with Wags ride and the S.S. Feathersword Pirate Ship play area. Wiggles World will also feature The Wiggles' cast of supporting characters -- Dorothy the Dinosaur, Captain Feathersword, Wags the Dog and Henry the Octopus -- in an all-new show, "Get Ready to Wiggle," retail locations selling The Wiggles merchandise and a restaurant, the Yummy Yummy Caf?.

"Six Flags Great Adventure continues to focus on family entertainment," said Mark Kane, Six Flags Great Adventure's president. "In addition to our world-class coaster collection and unparalleled line-up of thrill rides, the park now features four distinct areas devoted to families with young children, offering entertainment and thrills for all ages."

The Wiggles are the most popular children's entertainers in the world, and "Wiggles World" is designed to leverage their vast recognition and status among children ages 2-6. Since 1991, The Wiggles have performed to more than 1 million audience members a year. To date, they have sold more than 22 million DVDs and videos and more than 5 million albums worldwide, and The Wiggles' successful television show has been broadcast on Disney Channel's Playhouse Disney since 2002.

Wiggles World debuted with an opening celebration featuring nursery school students from Chesterbrook Academy in New Jersey performing their favorite Wiggles songs. The event also included a ribbon cutting ceremony by the mayor of Jackson, Mark Seda, welcoming the park's first guests to experience the new area, The Boys and Girls Club of New Jersey.
Wild Safari Exploration Station

Just next door, families will explore the Wild Safari Exploration Station, an all-new area featuring hands-on Safari interactive adventures. After experiencing a one-of-a-kind journey through six continents of exotic animals, including visits from the likes of Rip the African elephant, Georgia the giraffe and King the lion cub in the largest drive-thru Safari outside of Africa, guests have the opportunity to visit the new Wild Safari Exploration Station for a unique, hands-on experience.

At Cleo and Kumai's Theater, guests can enjoy a variety of educational and exciting animal shows featuring small mammals, exotic birds, snakes and reptiles. In addition, they will encounter superstars Cleo the capuchin monkey and Kumai the cuddly kinkajou, explore interactive science exhibits and get up-close to touch amazing animals at the Wild Safari Exploration Station. The area also includes King's Treasure Chest with Safari merchandise and Rip's Trunk of Treats, a new snack bar with lots of delicious goodies.

The new Exploration Station will be included with a $19.99 Wild Safari admission ticket, or available for a $9.99 Wild Safari and Exploration Station upgrade with a Six Flags Great Adventure or Hurricane Harbor ticket.

Editor's Note: Media releases and photos are available on the web at
www.sixflagsink.com/greatadventure
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 05:53:38 PM by pcman »
Yo

Offline innervision

• VIP
  • Nitro
  • Holy atomic pile, Batman!
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 08:52:56 PM »
Sweet, haha Im in the b-roll footage, im the one taking pictures behind the mayor at the ribbon cutting.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 06:54:02 AM »
Very Nice work fellas, good job! :D
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 08:10:32 AM »
Well we were not there opening day but as a parent  I wanted to say that we went on Friday and I have to say I was impressed with WW. My son not a huge wiggles fan and didn't really want to go to WW but we went in anyway.
Very bright and cheery my son noticed the trucks were changed to the big red cars. He did ride the BRC and we notice more cars and less of a wait then the trucks.
Off to the wiggles big red plane and captain feather's boat . The planes are very nice but with a 48 inch height to ride alone lots of parents riding . The boat was a big hit . As for the decor the fountain was very nicely done as well as the rehab of the other rides in the area. I was very suprised to recongize the pirate in the show as the DJ at ET last year and I believe he was also in the party patrol. HE was very good in  the pirate position but will be missed at ET.

We were only concerned with the crowds comming out of SM . The teens have potty mouths   >:( and need to be reminded they are exiting to a kiddie area.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 08:12:05 AM by coastermom »

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 09:13:32 AM »
Sweet, haha Im in the b-roll footage, im the one taking pictures behind the mayor at the ribbon cutting.
You were beasting through everyone in order to get a picture. Hah. But atleast you got a decent one.

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 09:02:57 PM »
My little cousins are PUMPED for this section.