Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Trip Report - April 3  (Read 2217 times)

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
Trip Report - April 3
« on: April 03, 2007, 08:52:15 PM »
Well, I was not going to go but I was sitting around with nothing to do and thought what heck.  I think maybe it had something to do with my plunge into middle age on Friday...ugh!

I arrived at the park around 2 PM. I waited in line for 15 minutes at the parking booth.  There was someone in front of me having an issue and I was boxed in.  Something really needs to be done with the parking system.  They really need to have a dedicated lane for season's parking pass holders.

There were a lot more cars in the lot then there were yesterday.  Once inside the park I went to Ntiro where the wait was down the stairs and under the tracks near the boarding area. It was about a 20 minute wait if that.  One thing about Nito and crew, they know how to get people through.  It good to see Connor back on Nitro this year with a promotion to ride manager.  He is a good kid and does a great job.

I then walked over to El Toro where they are still running a one train operation.  The ride was almost to the and under the sign that side 90 minute wait. I imagine that estimate is for a two train operation, so you can do the math.  I opted not to wait and headed over to Kingda Ka.
I was surprised that the line was so short. I only had to wait a half hour.  Amazing and did not appear that it had just opened back up either.

After KA, I went to Rolling Thunder where the wait was like 20 minutes.  Someone posted on here that it felt smoother and I must agree.  Perhaps it is all in my head but hey that is why they call it an opinion.

I called it a day after that. It was around 530 and I did not want to hit prime traffic on the NJT on my way back to the Philly burbs.  As I left the park at the at time, Superman had no line as walk on.  It is not one of my favorite rides but had I known there was no wait, I would have gone on it before I left.

The park looks great.  Very clean, well landscaped and full of friendly helpful employees.  All that needs to be done to make it perfect, fix the parking problem, get two trains on Toro and 4 on Ka. 

Keep up the good work!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: Trip Report - April 3
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 09:29:26 PM »
RT is definitely better...Thanks for the report !

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 06:59:36 AM »
Nice Report! Wow, Toro has that long of a line, thats pretty nuts

(Happy Birthday dude)
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 03:44:56 PM »
The signs, from what I've heard, are for 1 train operation.  Since they are fixed, I wouldn't put any "best case scenario" times up there.

Happy soon-to-be birthday!
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 06:07:14 PM »
Yes, most of the signs seemed to be an over shot. I don't think it take an hour to get on Nitro from the start of the switchbacks.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline saxman47

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 06:40:07 PM »
Yes, most of the signs seemed to be an over shot. I don't think it take an hour to get on Nitro from the start of the switchbacks.

They definately over-estimate the time it would take.......I timed it from the 60-minute sign on Nitro and I got on in 25.  I guess it's better they be this way instead of the other way around though, maybe it'll scare some people off!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 06:43:16 PM »
First post /\!

I wonder when/how they took these measurements?

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 07:02:15 PM »
For people who don't know better, I think some of those inflated wait times will scare people away from getting in the lines.  On the other hand, if people do wait, I guess they'll be happy that they get on the rides quicker than they thought.

I don't see how signs like that could ever be accurate since the wait depends on how many trains are running. 

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 07:08:54 PM »
Rather be over estimated than under estimated.

No one likes waiting longer than they expected!

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »
Besides, I think the major purpose of said signs is to sell Flash Pass...tell people how long the lines are and sell Flash Pass...of course you'd want to overestimate the waits! :)