Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Video TR: 4/9/07  (Read 1359 times)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
Video TR: 4/9/07
« on: April 10, 2007, 10:55:46 AM »
People:
Me
Spike (Nitro Fan)
John/JR (medusa05)
Josh (Mysterio, Josh's Photo Trip Report)
Christian (BuddyChrist, Christian's Photo Trip Report)

My Trip Report:
Spike and I arrived at the park around 5pm (park closed at 7pm) so we knew this would be....interesting. We went in, and went straight over to Season Pass processing, where Spike was getting his Parking Pass, and we met up with JR and Josh. I was going to get the whole family coupon books (being we didn't get them last week). Well, I was only able to get my self one. And the woman scanned my SP and was talking and niether one of noticed that it said, "Denied". Everyone told me later on.

We walked over to the "new" Chiller. We got right into Robin's line and waited for the last two rows. 5 trains later, we were on.  It was very nice to see Batman's trains actually getting some use. (Before anybody is going to bash me, it really is B:TC's trains painted red, attendents confirmed it, and the caps are silver, and the handle bars and bars on the Lap Bar are white (like B:TC's) and the numbers, numbering each car where on the other side (normal for B:TC, not for R:TC). Spike and I had the last row, while JR and Josh sat infront of us. 3-2-1 Launch, and we were out of there. The Cobra Roll was the same, if not, smoother. Then came the "hump". It was...weird. It felt like Thunder Dolphin's trick track twords the end of the ride. You definately went a bit faster up the spike, and it seemed that the LIM's were pushing the train down. The "hump" backwards was better than fowards. And very smooth. Overall I thought it was along the lines of, you win some, you lose some. I personally didn't like the Zero-G roll, because I found them too rough, and not enjoyable, but at the same time, it made the ride intense through the whole way. The "hump" kind of dumbs it down. We met up with Christian at the exit, being he got on two trains before us.

Afterwords we took a spin on Batman The Ride. Still the same, amazing and intense as usual! We got the last two rows! After BTR, we ran over to Skull Mountain (better known as Candy Mountain) and marathoned on it 6 times. My buddy Walter was working there, so he was flickering the lights for us! He was having fun telling the attendent to staple us ("STEP ON THERE LAPBAR!"), which he did twice. It was alot of fun. But sadly, Josh had to go home.

We then went over to Nitro, this was the most bizzare ride on Nitro. The remaining four of us, sat in the last row, and we talked the whole way through. From Nitro's drop you can see three of Robin's cars, lined up, waiting to be used again, and you can see two cars to the side completely totaled. It looked like some one dropped weights on it, and beat with mallets! The front/leftof the car had a huge hole in it, with white marks around the rim. The side was all scratched and the front was dented (looked flat). We then were just goofing around the whole ride, and I had to remind Christian that we were on Nitro, not Bench: The Ride.

We then ran off to Plaza Del Carnivale, and JR had to meet up with his sister, so it was now, Spike, Christian and I. The line for El Toro was half way up the stairs, but that's only because they had an attendant control the stairs. We waited for the last two rows (Spike and I in the last, and Christian infront of us). I'm making sure (because the operator, Matt at ET wanted me to psot this) that I will tell you all, that El Toro is running two trains. though rows were closed off (the first and third on one train, and the entire last car on an other). I don't think we even waited 5 minutes, and we were on. And then the wors thing ever was said, "Re-check 6!" God damnit they stapled me hard! Oh well, the ride was still great. It was going slower than usual again, it seemed like it kind of crept over the Rolling Thunder hill.

After that, we met up with JR outside Kingda Ka! To our suprise, the queue was still open at 6:55pm! We used the VIG pass just in case, and ran to CP Beat It. It was a two train wait (the queue was empty). JR and Spike got the 4th row, and Christian and I got the 5th row. We leave, launch, rattle, fly over the Top Hat with some nice ejector, come down (I was waving my arms and had my head sticking out with my tongue hanging out....it made an interesting picture that I didn't even look at). The bunny hill had some nice floater, and then breaks. Us 4 thought it was just meh, but it's funny for us to see GP really freak out and jump around. By this point, the park was closed, so we all strolled to the exit of the park. We got in to the parking lot, and went are seperate ways.

Here's the video log

-Dainan "I hope you enjoyed the little treat" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
Re: Video TR: 4/9/07
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 07:08:40 PM »
Wow that sounded like an awesome two hours at Great Adventure. Do you live far from the park, considering that you only went for a night trip?
You mentioned that El Toro was running two trains? Whats up with that?! When the park is packed and the line for El Toro is unimaginable, they only run one train!
Last of all, you've been on Thunder Dolphin?! That ride looks insane. I want to go on it so bad. I wonder whats better, Thunder Dolphin or Millennium Force.

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 08:47:20 PM »
Well, they had a problem with one of the trains, but they have it on track now. I do live about 45 minutes to an hour from the park, so it can be a challenge for some nights, but last night was great. Plus, the two losers kept calling me all day, begging me to come. And yes, I've been to Japan. Thunder Dolphin was an amazing suprise. But I've never been to Cedar Point to compare.

-Dainan "I'm happy you enjoyed it" Rafferty

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 10:26:15 PM »
The video diary was nice Dainan but I think I prefer the music video+Photo tr's you usually give.

Sounds like a great 2 hours!

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 11:54:56 PM »
Thanks. I figured I'd try something new.

-Dainan "I wouldn't be able to do it if I was there longer" Rafferty