Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: TR Hershey 5/26 and 5/27  (Read 1524 times)

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
TR Hershey 5/26 and 5/27
« on: May 29, 2007, 04:18:59 PM »
As part of the WNYCC event, we were at Hershey on Saturday night and all day Sunday.  The crowds were very heavy so we just did the best we could and took it easy.  Even the late afternoon thunderstorms on both days didn't do much to help clear out the park.  Saturday was the first day for the new Boardwalk area.  Although we didn't do any water rides, it certainly seemed to be very popular with the public.

One of the interesting moments was getting stuck on the Kissing Tower.  We knew something was wrong when it started going up way slower than usual.  The auto-spiel that they play which lasts the entire ride was over before the ride even reached the top.  We were on the ride for a good 15 minutes before maintenace was able to manually lower the ride.  We didn't mind though since it was air conditioned and I was getting some good photo ops.

We did try out Wildcat with the new trains and rode in row 2 both times.  I'd say it's slightly better, but it's still one of my least favorite coasters of all time.  Most of the people we talked to were also not very impressed with the ride.

As part of the event, we had an hour of ERT on Lightning Racer on Saturday night and an hour on Storm Runner on Sunday night.  Although I'm not a fan of Lightning Racer, it was a fun ERT session.  Usually the races are pretty even, but Thunder was beating Lightning 90% of the time during our ERT.  We were able to reride and/or exit on the entrance side to switch sides.  We never had to walk around or leave the station.  However, Storm Runner ERT was not as good.  They refused to allow rerides and were sending out trains with 4 people in them.  What's really annoying is that they did allow rerides on SR during the ACE event the weekend prior.  Since SR was rougher than we remembered and we were too exhaused to keep walking around, we wound up leaving early.

Ride Count:

Comet: 2
Sooperdooperlooper: 1
Great Bear: 2
Kissing Tower: 2
Flying Falcon: 7
Monorail: 1
Dry Gulch Railroad: 1
Storm Runner: 7
Trailblazer: 3
Wildcat: 2
Wild Mouse: 2
Lightning Racer Thunder: 8
Lightning Racer Lightning: 6

100th Anniversary signs:

New Boardwalk area:

My buddy in Zoo America:

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
Re: TR Hershey 5/26 and 5/27
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 04:19:54 PM »
Some more pictures....

Wildcat:

Catering Area:

100th Anniversary Cake:

SooperDooperLooper, Great Bear, and Comet:

My favorite ride at Hershey, Flying Falcon:

Storm Runner:

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 04:50:42 PM »
No Chocolate World?!?

Nice TR Sue :)  I'm actually a fan of LR just because of it being simple fun and very re-ridable.  If it didn't have the racing aspect, it would definately be much more boring lol.  That is really interesting on Wildcat though.  I really thought those trains would help that ride out a great deal.

btw- that Wildcat pic above rocks!

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 05:07:02 PM »
We did do Chocolate World.  I just didn't mention it or take any pictures.  I don't like chocolate(I know, I'm strange) so that's not very important to me.  :)

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 05:11:42 PM »
With the whole wildcat thing, maybe people are so use to thinking that it is rough even if it got smoother, they just feel it was rough? I will find out come June 23rd!

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 06:54:34 PM »
Nice photos sue . Can't wait for a trip to HP .