Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: PTR: Six Flags America and Showerland 6/10/07  (Read 1556 times)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
PTR: Six Flags America and Showerland 6/10/07
« on: June 11, 2007, 11:15:14 PM »
People
Me
Anthony
Savannah
My mom
Maggie
Carey
Krissy
Jaye
John
Kerri
Melanie

Trip Report:

So we arrived at the park at around 12. It took forever to get in, but we finally did. Everyboday wanted to go to Hurricane Harbor [first, so John, Anthony and I seperated to ride coasters. We first went to Mind Eraser....I don't know why either. Well, we got the only two rows empty. I got the last row by myself, and John and Anthony sat in front of me! Well...owe! That thing is so rough! I like the setting though. I like how the ground is so green and hilly, and how there's water under the first drop, and the station and queue is nice, but the ride itself. Totally sucks! GOD, why the hell does Vekoma still make SLC's? So what did we do, we rode it again! So to get revenge, I made Anthony sit in the last row with me (muwahaha). For some dumb reason, John thought this was the coolest ride he's ever ridden.

We then headed over to Renegade Rapids, which would be John's last ride because he's deathly afraid of water! So we had a good ride on Renegade Rapids. It's a lot of fun, and has more to it than the older Rapids. So Anthony and I headed over to Roar which is still our favorite ride in the park. We got the second row the first time. We flew through the course and got great laterals and air! The second time we ran around and got the last row. It was great still.

Well, after that I headed over and waited for the front row of Two Face: The Flip Side. It's cool not to face someone, but otherwise, it's like a smoother Inverted Boomerang. The guy next to me asked where I was from and when I told him New York he said, "I got a lot of hoes in New York".......okay... Now to continue. We went over to Wild One to get a back to back ride in the last row, but they stapled me both times!  After that Anthony and I waited 10 minutes with this coaster enthusiest Jeff, for the fron row of Joker's Jinx. The ride was fast and smooth, and really intense! I love this so much more than Chiller!

After that we headed over to Hurricane Harbor. I spent $34 getting lunch for my brother and sister. TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT! So, Carey, Anthony and I split up in Hurricane Harbor and went on some slide. First we did both sides of Paradise Plunge. Very good with some good air on a water slide! Then we went and waited for Tornado. This was my first ever Proslide Tornado, and it was the first ride in a long time to actually make me nervouse when we were up there. The turn into the drop is verys uspencefull and then the drop comes! I went down backwards with major airtime! We went really high up the funnel (up to the blue which is the square that the water comes out of). I was totally amazed by this. We did it three times that day! I'm not going to get into a whole list because I'm sure no one is actually reading this (if so, feel free to acknowledge it). We did all the slide (except for Hurricane Mountain) and we left the park.

Notes
-Two train oepration on everything except for Mind Eraser
-The Life Gaurds were terrible, sending down empty tubes while people were on the slides (they'd get stuck in the tunnels)
-The park ops and service was alot better than last time!
-The line of cars was frightening while they had only two booths open.

Photos:

Welcome to Sux Flags America

Yes, sux was not a typo.

First ride was Mind Eraser

This part hurts!

This part hurts!

This part hurts!

This part hurts!

And this part hurts! Yea...just get your credit and leave!

Renegade Rapids rocks yo!

"Yay! Two Face![/b]

It looks like a Vekoma, but it doesn't feel like a Vekoma

As Savannah says "Vekoma smooth as glass!"

It's an illusion!

Every park should have these signs!

Hey John!

Hey Christian! What's up?

Wild One...great comment!

Most ghetto Gotham Fields...er...City ever!

How'd this get here Ryan?

Shower Land!

Oh yea, you all wanted to see my in a bathing suit now didn't ya?

Savannah and a Corprate Door Way!

Savannah, Maggie, and Melanie queuing for Paradise Plunge!

Savannah coming down!

Carey (not SxyDan), Anthony and Dainan (just not sxy!)

Coming down Tornado's drop!

Carey, Me, Anthony and Savannah!

Like I said! We went up to the blue!

Carey and I had to do it again!

{Insert Caption Here}

-Dainan "Sorry for the lack of photos! Oh well, be greatful you got any!" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
Re: PTR: Six Flags America and Showerland 6/10/07
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 11:47:01 PM »
Good job keeping it PG ;)

Good TR, whats up with your sudden obsession with SFA? You used to be a Sfne nut? ( I love going up to New england for the Clam Chowder alone let alone Sfne)
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 09:01:23 AM »
Looks like you guys had a good day . Not really big fans of SFA. we usually make it a stop on the way home from WDW and MB.

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 07:25:23 PM »
We personally see SFA as our least favorite SF park. What really happens is that we have friends who live 30 minutes away in Chesapeake Bay, and we spend time with them! Then we head out to SFA.

-Dainan "There 20 month old daughter never got off me for one second (no lie)" Rafferty

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 07:34:17 PM »
Looks almost  Like El Toro bathing shorts
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 09:12:25 PM »
Nice Photo TR.  I'm not a huge fan either but still go every now and then to get my Superman and Batwing fill.  How were they running?

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 12:05:28 AM »
Well...in my visit in May, they both ran very shaky and one train! But in my last visit, I skipped both of them, though they both were running two trains!