Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: PTR: Coney Island Cyclone 80th Anniversary Media Day  (Read 1178 times)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
PTR: Coney Island Cyclone 80th Anniversary Media Day
« on: June 26, 2007, 05:00:44 PM »
Anthony (my brother) and I were invited to the Media Day of the Cyclone's 80th Anniversary...actually, we talked about it with Marie Martino (parks PR) last August. We ACErs had a lot of fun just hanging out. The people I spent the most time with were Colleen Whyte, Bill Gavin (Back Seat Bill), Rick Knoebel (Yes! Dick Knoebel's son!), Ed Mc Inerney, Jack, and Eric (fastcar?) and Marie Martino (Parks PR and my friend). This was the most festive Media Day I've ever been to. We all got Green T-Shirts to represent that we'd be the first riders!

During the event itself, there was music, dancers, and cameras, tons and tons of cameras! They had Ms Cyclone in the fron row. The two 81 year olds behind her, and the rest of us. sat scattered. Anthony and I sat in the second to last row, in front of Rick Knoebel and Bill (not Gavin). They kept us on one more time, before making us get off. The ride was good, but it was running slower compared to normal. On the Surf Ave turn around, it felt like it was going to stall, so we all started "rowing" our imaginary ores!

After that, I went up to the office with Rick Knoebel and Colleen Whyte. I talked to my old boss about getting my stuff back, so he told me to go to the Arcade Office in an half hour! We hung around again before they made us ride an other time. This time it was flying! So much better! After that, it opened to the public, and we went home. Before leaving I gave Colleen my Coney Island T-Shirt I was originally wearing, as a gift for all she's done for me the past 8 years. On our way out, I stopped by the Arcade office, to get my paychecks and Working Papers, and guess what! They lost them! They told me when they find it, they'll mail it to me >:(!

A funny thing happened on the way home. Anthony and I were taking the F train and transfered to the R train. When we got into the car, Jack and Eric (from the event) were sitting right there! It was pretty funny. We were talking and I asked Eric if he was on any forums and he blushed for a minute and said, "I know who you are." HAHA! It turned out he was on GADV.com. How funny. Anyway, on to the photos!

Media was here all morning (there was a shoot at 5am, but I wasn't doing it today!

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Cyclone! Happy Birthday to you!

Anthony! Better known as Jesus

Setting up!

Anthony being interviewed by CBS Radio. We were both intertviewed for both CBS Radio and 1010wins!

We are some ugly twins.

Back Seat Bill wrote a card for the Cyclone!

You see! I kid you not!

Free Lemonade loaded with sugar!

Thanks for the free drinks!

Jesus...again!

I was dying when I saw them make the Cyclone crew wear this outfit! Here's Dominic, Ms Cyclone, and Jerry

Me and my snazy Anniversary T-Shirt!

Rick Knoebel and Colleen Whyte

This was bizzare but really festive in a way!

They were dancing with people!

They were very erotic in a way!

At least to some photographers!

This was the line formed outside the enterance before it opened to the public!

Carrol Albert, park spokes woman!

Hey Marie! I see you!

Look, Jerry is up there!

With his snazy plaque!

Here's the Baker family getting a plaque too!

The two 81 year olds and Ms Cyclone

Time to ride

The Media like to push through!

All the riders pushed to the side!

WOW! It's only 80 years old guys, not opening day!

Ms Cyclone and the 81 year olds. And no Ms Cyclone is not my wife!

Time to ride (Note: My camera was in my pocket, so there is no pictures of the first three rides).

The Media Train!

Bill giving the card to Carrol!

Anthony after he wiped the grease off his nose!

After our rides!

Group photo of everyone who rode first (excluding a few people)

And we all got a cake...except for me! NO JOKE!

Hey John! Look how I hung out with all day! (A very bad picture of Ed)

First public riders of the day!

These people were out her for over an hour before it opened!

-Dainan "It was one of the funnest Media Days I've ever done!" Rafferty
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:22:04 PM by CycloneMan »

Coaster Count: 255

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: PTR: Coney Island Cyclone 80th Anniversary Media Day
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 08:37:19 PM »
Awesome PTR Dainan

Just curious, was is difficult to go back even after they screwed you (esp now that they screwed you more lol)

Anyway, glad you were there to capture the day for us!

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 11:29:37 PM »
Honestly, the moment I saw the Parachute this morning, I felt like I was going to through up. I really didn't want to go back! But I had fun. When I did finally go back, I brought Colleen and Rick Knoebel with me for support. But then I when I came back, I brought my brother who stayed outside. Well, what ever! They are with holding my pay checks so if they pull anything else, I will take legal action!

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the PTR. I tried to capture what I could. And now Colleen wants me to write an article for the ACE Metro News letter. The last article I wrote was about the demolition of Hercules (yes, very ameture!)

-Dainan "I got lucky to, I went into the middle where some news crew left there Tripod alone, hehe" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 03:37:36 AM »

Ed!!!!! I'm surprised your camera still worked after you took this!  ;D

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!