Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: TR Holiday World 6/21-6/22/07  (Read 1175 times)

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
TR Holiday World 6/21-6/22/07
« on: June 28, 2007, 02:03:14 PM »
The 2nd half of the Con was made up of 2 days at Holiday World.  Both nights we had ERT on the 3 wooden coasters and Friday morning there was ERT in Splashin' Safari on their newest slide, Bakuli, the lazy river, and the wave pool.  All of the ERT sessions were excellent.  Raven and Legend never had full trains and Voyage was only a 2-3 train wait.  Of course, we spent most of our time on one of our favorite coasters, Raven.  Neither one of us were impressed with Voyage last year.  While I think it has improved this year, Rich now counts it as his least favorite coaster ever.  The opinions really varied on Voyage with some proclaiming it #1 while others hated it.

We're not usually waterpark people due to their low capacity and long lines, but we had a great time during the ERT on Friday morning.  There was no line at all for Bakuli so we got quite the workout going up all of the stairs at once quite a few times in a row.  It was also a joy to basically have the lazy river and wave pool all to ourselves.  It was so nice to enjoy it without being splashed and kicked by annoying kids every 5 seconds.

The only pictures that I have from Holiday World are from the walkback tour of the Voyage.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Re: TR Holiday World 6/21-6/22/07
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 08:28:49 PM »
I should of came for the ERT alone! I would of stayed at Voyage all night!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 10:08:52 PM »
I would have went
but The Convention you have to do the whole event
you can't pay for half the event or select only certain days without paying for the whole thing
Yo

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 10:15:07 PM »
You could definitely ride to your heart's content at any of the Con's ERT sessions.  The only one that had a line was the KY Rumbler from what I heard, but we didn't stay for that one.  Every other ERT coaster had a 2-3 train wait at most except the front seat lines.  At HW, I don't think Raven or Legend ever had full trains and Voyage was only a couple train wait if that.