Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: TR Busch Gardens Tampa 12/9 & 12/10/07  (Read 1788 times)

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
TR Busch Gardens Tampa 12/9 & 12/10/07
« on: December 15, 2007, 02:39:11 PM »
We had 2 free days at Busch Gardens this time due to the bad experience we had in 2006 where they told us nothing would be closed, yet Kumba was closed for painting.  It's still one of our favorite parks in the US with 2 excellent steel coasters in Montu and Kumba, plus lots of turtle displays.  Sunday was our relaxing day spent with our friends, Bill and Jill, and Monday was our crazy riding day.  It's a rare sight these days, but on Sunday Gwazi was actually running 2 trains on each side and dueling just about every time.

Ride Count
Montu: 54
Kumba: 8
Sheikra: 3
Scorpion: 2
Cheetah Chase: 1
Gwazi Tiger: 2
Gwazi Lion: 3
Train: 1

Here's a few pictures:

Our #1 steel coaster, Montu:

The spot where we got engaged:

Sheikra:

Jungala construction:

Our friends, Jill and Bill, on the train:

Tortoises:

How cute!

Me and my buddy, Flash:

Christmas tree:

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: TR Busch Gardens Tampa 12/9 & 12/10/07
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 03:07:42 PM »
October of this year was my first ever trip to BGA.  Montu ended up becoming my #1 steel as well :D  I just couldn't get enough of it.  Thats amazing to hear about Gwazi but I'd guess they are getting into the tourist crush of Christmas mode much like Disney.  They'll be back to one side at a time in January I'm sure :(  Was it running half decent like it was for me?  I ended up slightly liking Gwazi.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 03:10:59 PM »
I'd say Gwazi was running average.  Being able to experience it dueling again definitely made it better.  I ended up enjoying Lion more while Rich enjoyed Tiger more.

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 05:57:44 PM »
Nice PTR. The picture of Sheikra is awesome! How did you manage to get so many rides on Montu? I have never been on Montu before, what is it that makes it alot of people's #1 coaster? Is it the themeing and tunnels?

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 06:13:07 PM »
Nice pics Sue, I can't wait to get back and ride Kumba... oh and the other blue steel inverted coaster.

Gwazi was running like 8 out of 10 for me last time I was there... t'was VERY nice.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline saxman47

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 06:49:32 PM »
I'm jealous, I was just at BGA a few weeks ago and I wish I was back there right about now!

I agree that Montu is one of the best coasters I have ever ridden, and it is by far my favorite B&M.  I also enjoyed Gwazi, which was especially suprising considering I almost never hear anything good about it. 

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 07:25:21 PM »
Montu just has a lot of awesome elements and the tunnels and theming just add to it.  I know a lot of people say it's not as good as it used to be due to more braking, but I still love it.  We probably spent about 6 of the 8 hours the park was open on Monday riding Montu so that's how we got a good portion of the rides.

We love Kumba too and would've liked more rides on it especially since it was closed for painting on our last visit, but the crew there was being really tough about rerides.

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 07:51:45 PM »
Montu just has a lot of awesome elements and the tunnels and theming just add to it.  I know a lot of people say it's not as good as it used to be due to more braking, but I still love it.  We probably spent about 6 of the 8 hours the park was open on Monday riding Montu so that's how we got a good portion of the rides.

We love Kumba too and would've liked more rides on it especially since it was closed for painting on our last visit, but the crew there was being really tough about rerides.

K gotch ya. Was it not crowded though?

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 07:55:02 PM »
No, it wasn't crowded at all.  Even though everything was running one train on Monday, everything was a walk-on.  The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is always a good time to visit the FL parks.