Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Auditions?  (Read 2720 times)

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
Auditions?
« on: January 05, 2006, 10:40:45 PM »
On the Great Adventure Official Site it has something weird on the calendar that I have never seen before. It says that from 1/30 - 2/5 are Auditions. Are these auditions for costumed characters or something else? I have never seen this before.

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
Auditions?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 10:49:13 PM »
I believe in the past it was general auditions for shows. It doesn't say anything else on SixFlags.com?

Edit:
# 2006 Auditions   January 30 - February 5
The Entertainment department is hosting auditions in New York City, Philadelphia and at Six Flags Great Adventure.
For more information on audition dates, times and exact locations visit us at www.SixFlagsEntertainment.com
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline blazzinmatt

• MATTDONDERS
Auditions?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 10:51:04 PM »
All it says is:
The Entertainment department is hosting auditions in New York City, Philadelphia and at Six Flags Great Adventure.

I guess you are right. It must just be for the general shows that go on throughout the park. I never knew there were auditions like this for them.

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
Auditions?
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 10:54:05 PM »
Even More info from the link above:
We are seeking all types of performers and crews for our exciting 2006 line up of shows.
Seeking
Singers, Dancers, Singer/Dancers, Stunt performers, Ski Show performers, Actors, Streetmosphere entertainment, Actors, Costume Characters, Variety Artist, Celebrity imersonators (specifically looking for - Elvis, Tina Turner, Prince, Madona, Brittney Spears - must look move and sound like the performers, also any other well done impersonater would be welcomed)
We are also hiring full technical crew(sound, light, pyro, spot operators), host and hostesses and seamstresses for all of your venues. If you are a technician please attend one of our audition dates for a interview, and bring resume and refrences if avaliable.
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline blazzinmatt

• MATTDONDERS
Auditions?
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 10:55:56 PM »
Oh ok thanks stew, didn't see that link. Well that takes care of that question. I wonder if these people get paid well for doing the shows at the park.

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
Auditions?
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 01:19:32 PM »
I wonder if those specific characters are for shows or to make appearances in the park.  There was a guy in from Golden Kingdom that seemed pretty good last year, but I never really saw the others much.
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline GAcoaster

• Jungleland Express
    • GreatAdventureHistory.com
Auditions?
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 01:54:20 PM »
It's all of the above.   They bring people in for auditions and place them where they fit the best (shows, street characters, body puppets, etc.).