Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Prices Increase  (Read 13017 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Prices Increase
« on: January 06, 2006, 10:02:23 PM »
Looks like things are changing already.. I'm not really complaining because I think the Season Pass is STILL too cheap.  But somehow, I have a feeling it will creep up slowly for the next couple of years.

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatadventure/TicketInfo/index.html

FYI - Season Pass prices go up $15 this coming Monday

PS - Anybody that pays full gate price AT the park is not very bright  :idea:

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
Prices Increase
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 11:03:59 PM »
Maybe this year they actually will pull their SP prices when the "sale" ends. Last year they kept saying that SP's would raise after a certain date and they never did.

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
Prices Increase
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 01:47:41 AM »
Hmm maybe I should get my SP before the price goes up. I usually get it during Fright Fest, but for some reason it totally slipped my mind and I never got it. Its going to be fun getting it processed at the beginning of the season  :?

Offline CoasterPete

• Jungleland Express
Prices Increase
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 11:04:46 AM »
Did I read that page correctly?  $59.99 for regular admission at the park???!!  Ouch!  But I did notice that for once they are finally offering a "starlight" admission.  After 5pm its only $25.00.  Is the $59.99 correct though??  It just doesn't seem possibly to charge that much.

Pete
Florida's hidden secret.....the Dania Beach Hurricane!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Prices Increase
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 11:13:26 AM »
Well, if you think about it, all of the orlando parks are over 60 now so it isn't really a stretch.  And this area is very expensive as well.

Another thing to keep in mind is that buying  a day pass online before going to the park is still under 40 bucks.  So basically, only a moron would pay the full 60. (and I'm sure some will)

I found it interesting that for the first time ever, the "lowest price of the season" may actually hold for season passes.  This is the first time I've ever seen them list the new higher price.

Offline CoasterPete

• Jungleland Express
Prices Increase
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 11:21:46 AM »
You're right Wade. I'm just very suprised at the drastic jump in one year and thought it would've been faded in over maybe two years instead.  I guess it doesn't really matter b/c I already have my 06 pass.  

Pete
Florida's hidden secret.....the Dania Beach Hurricane!

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
Prices Increase
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 11:33:42 AM »
now i have a voucher still for an 05' season pass.. i can trade this in and get like half off for my 06' pass.. unless they changed that too, in which case.. im going to be mad.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
Prices Increase
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 11:41:14 AM »
Quote from: "WadeJ"
I found it interesting that for the first time ever, the "lowest price of the season" may actually hold for season passes.  This is the first time I've ever seen them list the new higher price.

That's what I was talking about. Magic Mountain is even more rediculous. $49.99 at the gate, $49.99 for a season pass. But some people will go to the gate. :roll:

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
Prices Increase
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 11:45:44 AM »
FYI, for anybody going to Solace Magic Mtn SP's are only $49.99 which are good at SFGADV.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Prices Increase
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 12:16:37 PM »
Oh really?? Hmm, forget about ordering my GADV pass online. I will just wait for Solace to get it at SFMM.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Prices Increase
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 12:36:23 PM »
Quote from: "ChuckR"
Oh really?? Hmm, forget about ordering my GADV pass online. I will just wait for Solace to get it at SFMM.

Just a warning Chuck...  You can't get a Gadv season pass parking tag with another parks SP.

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Prices Increase
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 12:41:44 PM »
Quote from: "sir clinksalot"
FYI, for anybody going to Solace Magic Mtn SP's are only $49.99 which are good at SFGADV.

Last year I remember seeing people getting "greif" from SFMM employess because their pass wasnt proccessed yet... It took people well into 9 am to get in, which is unreasonable to me since the ERT starts at 8 and ends at 10... I got mine renewed from SFNE ($55) a few weeks ago luckily.

Rob

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline blazzinmatt

• MATTDONDERS
Prices Increase
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2006, 03:39:08 PM »
Well if ERT starts at 8 then they should get there earlier. I just ordered my pass because my mom didn't wanna pay the new, higher price for the passes. I can't wait to see what the 06 pass looks like, although I am sure people have it now. Anyone tell me whats on the pass?

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
Prices Increase
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 04:32:31 PM »
It's the same one, just purple...

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Prices Increase
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 05:51:44 PM »
Quote from: "blazzinmatt"
Well if ERT starts at 8 then they should get their earlier. I just ordered my pass because my mom didn't wanna pay the new, higher price for the passes. I can't wait to see what the 06 pass looks like, although I am sure people have it now. Anyone tell me whats on the pass?

ERT starts at 8... yes, but Magic Mountain didn't feel the need to bring in extra employees to work in the GR booth, or SP booth... making people have to wait longer.

The new pass has Mr Six on it actually..

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline blazzinmatt

• MATTDONDERS
Prices Increase
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2006, 06:25:31 PM »
Having Mr. Six on the pass is extremely ironic in my opinion. Wonder if they didn't know about them ridding the company of the character.

Offline Deadman

• Carousel
Prices Increase
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2006, 06:33:18 PM »
He has not officialy been terminated. It was just expressed that the new management is displeased with him.
is back? in black?

Offline blazzinmatt

• MATTDONDERS
Prices Increase
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2006, 09:48:25 PM »
Well the way things were going it looks as though they were leaning one way, but maybe this could be a sign that he will remain for teh '06 season.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Prices Increase
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2006, 11:00:36 PM »
Ordering my pass tomorrow that way i dont have to spend $15 more dollars. Do i really need to buy 2 passes in order to get just one for myself?

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Prices Increase
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2006, 12:33:54 AM »
Just a warning Chuck... You can't get a Gadv season pass parking tag with another parks SP.

I'm not sure about that Wade. Last year I just went up to guest services and said I need a parking pass. She said 25 dollars please, got my tag and left for the day. Can you  buy a season pass to HH ? Then if that was the case you could buy a parking pass that way.

Couldn't you always borrow a  season pass from someone who doesn't drive yet. That way you could get a  parking pass with there pass.  What about this , you tell them you just moved to NJ and show your NJ drivers licenses as proof?

Just a couple of Ideas. I think having a pass from SFMM would be a cool souvenir.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Prices Increase
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2006, 12:43:41 AM »
Did any one notice that they are also bringing back the after 5 p.m. discounts? Those are greatly appreciated by my family. Since i am the only one that does have a season pass.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
Prices Increase
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2006, 12:45:59 AM »
there used to be coupon for that way back when.  At wawa i believe.  Half price after 4 PM. Good deal for non pass holders.

man you have to be an idiot not to buy a pass if your going to go more than once.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Prices Increase
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2006, 12:47:46 AM »
^Amen to that brother. That's why I'm trying to get my sister  to buy one because its worth it even if you do go for one day. Because then you have the option of going back another day if you feel like it.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
Prices Increase
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2006, 12:50:41 AM »
so Ill ask again.  Does anyone know what im going to do with a voucher ffor an 05' SP?  Im getting an 06".. i was told i can put my voucher towards it.. but how much will that end up being/where do i go for that?

Offline NYRfan85

• Koala Canyon
    • http://comicsncoasters.gadv.com/
Prices Increase
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2006, 02:24:10 AM »
I too have an urgent question... Since the prices go up on Monday, I want to buy my season pass Sunday online. However, it says "must buy two"! Does this not mean I can't buy ONE SP for myself at this price???
[size=10]Comics 'N Coasters[/size]

LET'S GO RANGERS!