Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)  (Read 5544 times)

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)
« on: January 09, 2006, 05:46:26 PM »
Well, being also on CoasterForce, this thing is the biggest coaster for that site ever since it is mostly British members and it is a scaled model of our own Kingda Ka. They finally anounced the name and all that.

http://stealth.thorpepark.com/

The animation is crap but probably more accurate than Kingda Ka's was.

I also found this humorous:

Quote from: "Mushroom from CF"
*Breaking News*

Kingda Ka and Top Thrill Dragster have announced they have had a child. The proud parents are so happy to give birth to a 200ft baby girl. The mother, Top Thrill Dragster is quoted to say that there baby has so many characteristics of each other. The bunny hop of the father, Kingda Ka, and the look of herself. The father has been quoted to say that they have not yet named the child as they are having huge troubles deciding of a name. They have been trying to come up for a name of their child for about 6 months.

I recently phoned the baby?s cousin, who lives in Australia called Superman Escape at Warner Brothers Movie World. He has said that it is nice to have a baby cousin in the family, though she is taller and faster than me. I would love to see her at some point.

Also at the birth of the child was the Aunt, Rita Queen of Speed along with husband, Storm Runner and their friend Xcelerator. They are all said to be pleased to see this new child standing so tall already, and they can?t wait to hold her in their open arms.

Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda Ka also confirmed that their child would be raised at Thorpe Park, Surrey, which is fairly near to her aunt Rita. The Couple also confirmed that they are expecting a boy for 2007, and will be living at Port Aventura in Salou Spain. I will be bringing you news about that in the future.

Hehe.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 08:10:31 PM »
How tall is that bunny hill?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 08:26:59 PM »
It can't be that tall since the tophat is only 205ft.  I'd bet its in the 40-50ft range.  Maybe even less.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 08:39:20 PM »
i was thinking.. whoaaaa.. 128 mph on a 205 foot hill.

than i realized..

it was in kilometers!!
silly british.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 08:48:01 PM »
^Hehe, they did that with Rita too. 0-100. Haha.

It's actually proportional to KK which may be dissapointing air-time wise.

I think it's around 60 ft.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 09:29:00 PM »
Is Stealth proportional in speed though?  The smaller accelerators often have more extreme airtime.  Just because Ka is a bit airtime deficient if you don't get a good or great launch doesn't mean that Stealth will be the same.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 09:51:51 PM »
I think it is...I'll find this one kid's post that just proved everyone wrong...

Here it is:

Genious at work

Quote from: "Ultimate Coaster"
In the interest of finding more evidence to support my claim, I did a bit of math and proportion.

I used this picture :

What I did was draw a line from the top of the airtime hill perfectly horizontal to the tophat.  I then drew a vertical line from the bottom of the pic to the horizontal line moving across.  After that, I cut, copied and pasted the vertical line on top of the horizontal line, and drew another horizontal line above that vertical line, and repeated until I got to the top.  At the top, I drew a final line to the edge of the image and cut it out, comparing it to the tophat (noting it was approximately 1/2 the height of the vertical strip) and then to another vertical strip (to check my work).

I then counted the number of vertical strips - 3.5.

I then took 205' (Stealth's height) and divided it by 3.5.  

205/3.5 = approx. 59 ft.

So, using this argument:

STEALTH AIRTIME HILL:  (Approx) 59 x 3.5 = 205
KINGDA KA AIRTIME HILL:  (Approx) 129 x 3.5 = 452.

So, I decided to take it one step further - I divided 205 (Stealth's height) by 456 (Ka's height):

205/456 = approx. 44%

Stealth's height is approximately 44% of what Ka's height is.

I took this number and multiplied Ka's airtime hill by it, assuming the rides are proportional.  If the rides are proportional, this number should come out to be close to my airtime hill estimation:

129 x .44 = approx. 57 ft.

Therefore:

Estimation by picture proportion:  59 ft.
Estimation by Mathematical proportion:  57 ft.

PROPOSED PROPORTION:  The tophat is 3.5 times the height of the airtime hill.  Any rides with this proportion are considered proportional in these two elements.

Therefore, because:

STEALTH - 205/3.5 = approx.  59 ft
KINGDA KA - 456/3.5 = approx. 130 ft (actual hill 129 ft)

Stealth and Ka are proportional.

You are free to do this yourselves and prove me wrong.

Then why does this hill http://www.rcdb.com/ig1845.htm?picture=33 not have any airtime at all, when it goes through it at about 70mph?
And surely if you can get airtime out of any hill with enough speed, and Stealth will hit it's hill at a large speed, why shouldn't there be airtime?

Because Stealth's hill is exactly like the one you just showed me.  Stealth's, while sharper, is much more drawn out than the pic, and thus will recieve even less forces.

And the pictures that you used are deceptive, they are taken from different angles and as this picture shows; http://pictures.rcdb.com/picmax/thorpe-park/unknown13.jpg it only takes a different angle to make a hill look tighter and higher. If there are stats or equal pictures I'll be willing to accept that Stealth's hill has a shallower pull-in than KK's.

Fair enough.  Compare the pic you showed me with this pic:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2832.htm?picture=22

Or compare this with the one I showed you of Stealth earlier:

http://image44.webshots.com/44/5/19/83/353851983lcpXQB_ph.jpg

As for your last comments and Stewie's comments, that is the attitude you should have.  Trust me - Stealth will not have alot of airtime.

The hill won't be much of a source of air time but the top hat will since it'll be like Xcellerators.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 09:51:57 PM »
it will probably be better.  It will always have a good launch because it doesnt have to be soo poweerful, and your not climbing very high so its probably a nice ejector like xcellerator.

king isnt terrible with air either though.  Every now  and than you get a bad launch but sometimes when its just a smooth and not a 3 part.. you fly over that top

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 10:25:59 PM »
Can someone answer a quick queston for me?  Is Stealth going to use OTSRs or just lapbars?

ANd what is this?  Intamin getting lazy with their coasters?  Just taking Ka and re-proportionalizing it and calling it something new?  At least ours is bigger!
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 10:39:20 PM »
It will have OTSR's...

And the layout was probably Thorpe's idea, the simplicity of it, and Intamin just made it work and probably pitched KK's layout.

Offline Metsman.

• Balin's Jungleland
  • Open your eyes, I'm a blessing in disguise
Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 08:08:13 AM »
Stealth will definitely have more airtime than Ka because it doesn't have the 270* spiral on the way down. That stupid twist kills any air that you would get on the back side of KK's tophat

And you get more airtime with the rocket OTSRs. Their cage design gives you some room to float around, unlike t-bars which always staple you in your seat.

Top 10 Coasters: S:RoS (SFNE), X, Nitro, Kingda Ka, TTD, Millenium Force, Apollo, She

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 03:44:15 PM »
Quote from: "Metsman."
Stealth will definitely have more airtime than Ka because it doesn't have the 270* spiral on the way down. That stupid twist kills any air that you would get on the back side of KK's tophat

And you get more airtime with the rocket OTSRs. Their cage design gives you some room to float around, unlike t-bars which always staple you in your seat.

I enjoy the spiral on Ka.  It makes me feel like I'm just completely freefalling out of control.  It gives the coaster more of a twist (sorry for the corny joke).
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 09:45:41 PM »
Stealth will definitely have a lot more airtime. I want to ride it to compare it to KK in terms of airtime and acceleration, but I am sure someone will have ridden both and can compare them. Its a cool little project though.

Offline Metsman.

• Balin's Jungleland
  • Open your eyes, I'm a blessing in disguise
Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 10:14:23 AM »
Quote from: "sfgadvfreak"
Quote from: "Metsman."
Stealth will definitely have more airtime than Ka because it doesn't have the 270* spiral on the way down. That stupid twist kills any air that you would get on the back side of KK's tophat.

I enjoy the spiral on Ka.  It makes me feel like I'm just completely freefalling out of control.  It gives the coaster more of a twist (sorry for the corny joke).

While I don't like it because it kills the air, I can't deny that the twist is fun. The head/hand chopper that it creates is incredible, and like you said, it really makes the downward trip feel totally out of control.

Top 10 Coasters: S:RoS (SFNE), X, Nitro, Kingda Ka, TTD, Millenium Force, Apollo, She

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 02:23:12 PM »
I never thought it kills the air.  I'm sure you'd get more without it, but I'm usually out of my seat completely from the time the train starts cresting until the pullout.  The spiral just becomes more fun after that since I feel like I'm spiraling out of control, floating around with nothing to stop me.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 01:42:31 AM »
Looks like it is barely making it over the top  :P

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
Stealth (Mini Kingda Ka)
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 06:29:30 PM »
But you know if they wanted to mess with you they could crank it up and have it derail :shock: