Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Re-Entry Questions Answered  (Read 17864 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Re-Entry Questions Answered
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »
Ok I have to say that this is a nightmare . First off many ,many people leave the park to eat and do not eat in the park or have SP . Second It better be posted in LARGE NEON lights for some to see  :shock: . Then let me tell you this is not going to be good for anyone that is not a SP holder . Ball Games concerts etc are not all day events as amusement parks are . If and when attendance becomes so overwhelming they must close the park (AKA DISNEY during spring and winter breaks) then do this but for everyday park operations i don't think it is a wise move. I also don't know of anyother park that has to keep you hostage to get you to spend time or money there.  :wink:

Offline depotrat

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2006, 09:45:25 PM »
So does anyone ever remember a crowded day that they denied folks access at the gate?  I have been there many times with some massive crowds and they were still admitting folks all day long.

This policy of we can't "hold a place for those that might come back and deny another paying customer access because of this seems to be a red herring to me.

I am a relative newcomer to SFGADV, do any vets remember a lock out?

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 10:42:37 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly with you depotrat, they still were letting in plenty of people during Frightfest even though the park couldn't handle the crowds.  Who knows, maybe this will actually be enforced now, although I would severely doubt they'd let anyone get away when they could have their money.  They also might need a few more food places, as Character Cafe and Granny's usually get mobbed at lunchtime, and even at BOTW I had to wait about 30 minutes once this year.  There would probably be a lot more people eating in if this is enforced.
The only thing I don't understand is why pass holders are exempt.  Is it just to appease us so we don't lead a revolt against it?  Since most money made off of us is food and games, wouldn't they want us trapped too?
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2006, 09:35:24 AM »
I really think everybody needs to completely erase memories of the previous regime and the way in which Six Flags was managed.  This is a entirely different management style.  

With that said, I'm withholding judgement until the full details are released.  I agree with depotrat in that the info should not have been prematurely released like this.  So far, that is the only thing I feel we have a right to be upset about.  Otherwise, everything is still speculation.

Have faith.  Something tells me they are working this out and that this was all they were able to tell us right now.

One has to wonder if the website info was REALLY supposed to be posted that soon or if Six Flags really felt that nobody would notice because as far as I'm concerned, that was just plain DUMB!  We would all still be sitting here talking about this like it was a rumor if that didn't happen.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2006, 09:53:58 AM »
So , we came up with with a couple of solutions and maybe they will to.
I think it's safe to say, That we are all season pass holders. If that's the case we shouldn't have any thing to worry about. Good luck Red Zone.

The one Idea I did like was to  move the gates back. Have it set up like SFAW. One gate for bag check, and another gate for entrance to the park.

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2006, 10:11:58 AM »
^ That is how SFMM has theirs set up too ... but honestly, I thought SFGADV system worked better. Having bag check and entry in the same spot. Then again, it wasn't busy when we went in so that could be something.

The way Disneyland works it is they will close the ticket booths to new ticket sales when the park becomes full. This is only done until the crowd level inside the park is managable and this only happens 'maybe' 10 - 15 times a year. This year maybe a little more with the 50th.

I have no problem with that policy. But denying re-entry on a daily basis, whether the park is full or not ... bad idea.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2006, 11:29:07 AM »
It's going to be interesting to see just how this all pans out. I wouldn't be suprised if it's all been blown way out of proportion and the GP takes it way better then the enthusiast's. I know I just opened myself up for back lashing but, I can't see season pass holders being that compassionate for one day ticket buyers. When I enter the gate with my season pass the LAST thing on my mind is going to be how many day trippers are tearing down the guest relations building because they can't go back to their cars to eat or, take a nap.

I am almost positive there will be a plan for those with special needs and, emergencies. I doubt SF is interested in hiring more lawyers to handle lawsuites because, someone couldn't get a special pass to go back to their car for an emergency. As I have said, we have not seen the complete Policy and, unless we have no season pass and need to go back to our cars for an emergency, It's going to take someone else's experience with it just to see how many exceptions there are going to be. You KNOW they are going to have to bend for certain circumstances.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2006, 12:57:39 PM »
No i dont think or care much about the GP either.. however.  I HATE seeing the park workers get heckled because of something like this.  I feel as though this year is going to be bad for the poor employees who work the main gates.  Until its common knowledge for everyone, this might be bad.  

they MUST start it everywhere.  Commercials.. tickets in big RED ink not some tiny little sentence.  It needs to be spread.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2006, 01:24:01 PM »
NOW, Six Flags New England has been thrown into the mix.

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/newengland/ParkInfo/parkpolicies.html

RE-ENTRY
Same day re-entry is not allowed

They are saying this is for EVERYBODY!!!
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2006, 01:42:53 PM »
Quote from: "chilled182"
No i dont think or care much about the GP either.. however.  I HATE seeing the park workers get heckled because of something like this.  I feel as though this year is going to be bad for the poor employees who work the main gates.  Until its common knowledge for everyone, this might be bad.  

they MUST start it everywhere.  Commercials.. tickets in big RED ink not some tiny little sentence.  It needs to be spread.

I will absolutely feel bad for the people working the gates and Guest relations. But, again, do we even know for sure that thousands of theme park only day admissions ticket holders have a desire to go back to their cars once or, multiple times a day? Most of my local friends go to the park to experience the WHOLE park which means dinner at Granny's, snacks at a snack stand and a rest by taking in a show. The articles are all saying they are going to make things so visitors have NO reason to even want to go to their cars. In emergency cases I can't stress enough that the park will most likely give special passes for dire situations.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2006, 02:12:06 PM »
Oh I can see many ,many problems if this is for everyone first off people with children who need just general stuff out of the cars that is a big problem also as a season pass holder that comes from the NYC area i need to eat out of the park sometimes . It is very expensive to feed a family of 5 there . Wawa is our usual stop for food then a drive through the safari. What about that too what about the people who leave the amusement park and go to the safari ? no hand stamp or will we be hostage to the tour buses ? This whole idea is very ,very poorly planned the way it sounds right now maybe it just needs to be explained better . I do feel for the GP sometimes as when I go to other parks and i am the GP nobody wants to be held hostage in amusement park. Even in the best of cases (Disney) i don't stay in the park all day never mind in our park where lets just say there are many days where it is undesirable to stay all day.

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2006, 02:21:03 PM »
Quote from: "coastermom"
what about the people who leave the amusement park and go to the safari ? no handstamp or will we be hostage to the tour buses ?

At Six Flags Great Adventure, Theme/Safari combination tickets, 3-Park tickets, Theme/Safari season passes and 3-Park season passes do allow for same-day exiting and re-entry.
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline coastermom

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2006, 03:47:56 PM »
So really it is the GP that is getting held hostage and that is only the people who come for the day and buy a one day pass . Which BTW is a lot of people I personally don't like the idea even if it doesn't affect me directly but it will affect me when i have people come for the bring a friend day if we still have those and just for people who come to visit for the day. Not rally a Friendly more accomedation atosphere now is it ?

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2006, 03:53:06 PM »
this tells me  that they are trying to cut down on the one day goers.  If your going for day trips.. make more than one.. and buy a Season Pass.

There.  That solves everything.

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2006, 04:47:16 PM »
And more than one trip = more money spent in the park (food, games, etc).

So if you go for one day, you are forced to pay for the food in the park. If you get a SP, you can leave and come back, but now you are paying more for the SP. Get it? Either way the park gets more money.

I'm not saying I agree, but I understand...
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2006, 04:55:55 PM »
well, look to the future.  More money gets us better things!!  Your extra $20 bucks spent on food could buy a new character suit.

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2006, 07:07:51 PM »
Or pay salary and have all the rides open!
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline coastermom

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2006, 08:34:00 PM »
I see your point that maybe all the rides will be open (and maybe I will hit lotto saturday too) :wink:  but I can say there are many ,many day trippers in the area for this perticular park. Too many large cities in the area and not too many people wanting to spend the $2.45 a gallon of gas plus admission to get "locked" into paying for food there too.                                                                                           Hopefully the track record of getting rides up and running and lines to move faster will keep people from just walking out like many do and then they won't return either way . All i am saying is it is a craps shoot that could cost them big time in complaints and employees being harrased at the guest relations booths and at the front gates. I also hope it is posted in the largest print they have before people pay to park and get to the front gates and don't really want to be stuck there all day with no way to leave for food.

Offline GAcoaster

• Jungleland Express
    • GreatAdventureHistory.com
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2006, 08:48:46 PM »
If you're visiting the park as a day tripper, since there are so many shows and rides it requires a FULL day to see and do everything in the park.   Why would you waste time leaving the park to go out to the car and get food or anything else?   Isn't the time you save by NOT leaving the park worth the couple of extra dollars the parks food or a locker would cost?  

Whenever I take a day trip to a park, I buy food in the park and rent a locker just for that reason...my time is more valuable than walking to the car, driving down the road, etc, etc.  

For anyone who complains the food or lockers are too expensive, maybe you need to look at your priorities.   If you can't afford it, there are several alternatives in the area (Seaside, Wildwood, Coney Island, Ocean City) where you not only have the ability to come and go as you please, but you don't even have to pay admission.    When you go to a Theme park the idea is you are getting AWAY from everyday (cars, fast food, traffic, etc.).

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2006, 10:04:45 PM »
Quote from: "sfgadvfreak"
Or pay salary and have all the rides open!

That would be amazing if money was used towards that. I think that would increase the overall atmosphere of the park as a whole.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2006, 03:08:42 PM »
I was just thinking that Six Flags was thinking, now how many people are going to take off of work to go to the park, and then turn around at the gate because there is no reenrty...it's really a no brainer.  People will not turn away, and once their in, they will realize that they have to stay in, and will probably just pay for the extra food and what not.  The GP might think of it as no big deal, and just blow it off, and realize, "Hey, if I don't eat here I won't get the whole expierince.
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2006, 03:37:27 PM »
Here is something I don't understand...

How much is your time worth?  From the time it takes to walk ALL THE WAY to your car, leave the parking lot, go to Burger King, wait in line, eat, drive back, park, and re-enter, you could have had less stress and more time in the park.

All of that work to save $2.00 on a cheeseburger?  :?   I don't get it.  Your car probably burned nearly that much money in gas.

Even if you don't leave you still just burned 1 hour+ just to leave the park and re-enter.  I'm not saying they should or shouldn't let us be able to leave.  I'm just stating that I don't really buy into these excuses.

A real reason would be medical, stuff for kids, something you forgot, etc. and I have no doubt that they plan to work that out.

For me, this would be much easier to swallow if they offered more places to sit down and eat along with better food prices.  Maybe we'll be seeing some changes here as well?

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2006, 06:48:04 PM »
^^ People won't notice the first time. But if they have a problem with re-entry at a park they will remember that the next time they are deciding what to do on a vacation, or weekend.

And it's worth the time for me because I don't usually like to get sick off gross SF food while I'm on vacation. ;)

I think if SF (I'm referring mainly to SFMM since that's the park I visit most) offered better food items I would eat there.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2006, 11:44:55 PM »
From About.com - http://themeparks.about.com/b/a/235383.htm

From Arthur Levine,
Your Guide to Theme Parks.

January 13, 2006
When Six Flags Denies Reentry, Will Some Guests Enter at All?
Let's imagine it's a beautiful summer day later this year. You're on vacation and you've decided to visit a "more family-friendly" Six Flags park. You load up the mini-van and head to the park early in the day to beat the crowds. In the afternoon, you decide to escape the crunch of people in the park and go back to your hotel for some relaxing down time at the pool followed by dinner at a nearby restaurant. Your plan is to return in the evening for some more coasters and fun. As you exit Six Flags, however, there's a prominent sign warning you that once you leave the park, you will not be readmitted--unless you're willing to cough up another $60 per person. You think there's NO WAY the sign could be for real. Way. In one of the first official moves by the chain's new regime, all Six Flags parks will have a no same-day reentry policy this season. Coming from the folks who have been promising to turn Six Flags around by offering a more positive guest experience, this seems like a counterintuitive--oh heck, let's just call it harebrained--idea.

When news about the no same-day reentry policy began circulating around the Web a few days ago, most people (including me) shrugged it off as a foolish rumor. Wendy Goldberg, Six Flags' new senior VP of communications, says it's no joke, however. If you leave any of the parks this year, don't expect to return that day. And don't let the exit gate hit you in the rear end on the way out.

So what's behind this bizarre move? According to the chain's research, Goldberg says that many guests who ask for hand stamps that would allow them to reenter later in the day never actually return. If Six Flags holds a place for them and the park is near capacity, it might prevent new patrons from entering. And that wouldn't be a positive guest experience, would it?

First of all, theme parks are very rarely at capacity and almost never close their gates. If Six Flags is really conducting research and knows that a percentage of exiting guests with hand stamps never returns, then the parks could use those figures to determine estimated attendance. Instead of establishing a no same-day reentry policy, Six Flags could post signs at the exit warning guests that in the rare event of a packed park, a hand stamp may not guarantee reentry.

Goldberg adds that the policy also takes guests' safety into consideration. "Running back and forth out of parks into busy parking lots could put guests in danger," she notes. "At some Six Flags parks, guests have to cross a highway to reach the front gate." Well, under the new policy, guests will still have to enter and exit the park once per day. Does that mean Six Flags is knowingly placing their patrons in harm's way?

Is it just me, or do these lame excuses reek of desperation? So what's really behind the see-ya-later-just-not-today policy? In a word, money. Kaching. Moolah. By forcing customers to remain inside the park, Six Flags might squeeze a few more dollars out of them at its food stands and retail shops. But at what cost down the line? If it alienates guests, as I suspect it will, many won't return, and they probably won't have kind things to say about their day at the park to others.

New Chairman Daniel Snyder, who also owns the Washington Redskins and successfully orchestrated a reorganization of Six Flags' board, has a no-reentry policy at Seattle's FedExField. While sports fans might not balk at captive audience rules, they're inside the stadium for a relatively short amount of time. $7 for a warm, crummy beer and $5 for a cold, crummy hot dog? That's just part of the game. Going to a park, however, is a whole-day experience. Many families bring young children and often incorporate a park visit into a vacation. Many parks, Six Flags included, feature water parks and theme parks within one gate for one admission price. And virtually all parks allow same-day reentry--for good reason.

Maybe guests, especially young kids, need a break from the park. Perhaps folks have medication inside cooler chests in their cars. What about patrons who simply forget their sunglasses or Dramamine or sweatshirts or?. Are people who want to use the water park and theme park supposed to tote around their swimming gear all day? Will Six Flags have enough lockers (which, of course, require an extra charge) to accommodate everybody's stuff?

Goldberg does say that the chain will make special considerations for certain parks. For example, since the picnic area at Six Flags Over Texas in Dallas is outside the gates, guests will be allowed to eat their meals and reenter the park. And patrons who have multi-park tickets to the three gates at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey (the theme park, the water park, and the drive-through safari) will be able to come and go among the parks (but guests with single-park tickets will not be allowed to reenter). Season-pass holders to any of the chain's parks will be subject to the same no-reentry restriction as regular-ticket guests.

I'm simply amazed by this brazen move. My prediction: After irate guests jam Six Flags' guest relations windows, email addresses, phone lines, and mail boxes with complaints this spring, the company will back off the ill-conceived policy.