Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Re-Entry Questions Answered  (Read 17865 times)

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
Re-Entry Questions Answered
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2006, 01:43:18 AM »
^^ That was a good article and I agree with the guy...those are lame excuses. In the long run, the park is losing money...think about it

For Example

I go to the park, ride some rides and then go to my car realizing I left my doors open or I forgot my wallet there...I leave unknowingly of the rule and then try to get back in and get denied....Now I ask you...Would You Go Back To The Park Ever Again? I Might but they just left a negative impression on me just for the simple fact they want me to buy a $6 hot dog

Lets do the math

$6(Hot Dog) + -$50.00(Park Ticket I Didnt Buy Cause of the Experience)-$6 (For the hot dog i didnt buy)= a profit of -$50.00...then multiply that by say 50 other guest who have the problem what do we end up with -$2,500.....That is really going to solve the debt..
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2006, 10:28:21 AM »
Now that's saying that it will restrict re-entry for SP's too. This honestly has me debating whether or not I want to get an SP this year.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2006, 10:58:40 AM »
It does limit the flexibility on your visits because on rare occasions,   I would leave  the park around 2 , go home pick up my daughter and go back with more friends. But for the most part, once I am inside the park I don't really have a reason to leave the park other than to go home.

I'll take last years trip to the park with Gregg for example

We did the park in four hours, rode every coaster (*B:TC) Gregg,  If you weren't on a time limit would we have left, enjoyed lunch and came back. Or were you happy enough getting all the credits and then maybe going   somewhere else ?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2006, 11:23:47 AM »
Quote from: "sir clinksalot"
Now that's saying that it will restrict re-entry for SP's too. This honestly has me debating whether or not I want to get an SP this year.

It seems like the media has a different version for each article.  They are likely digging to make Snyder look bad.

Regardless, I've been assured by the park directly that Season Pass holders and Multi-park day ticket holders WILL be able to use the hand-stamp entrance.

The no re-entry policy ONLY applies to day-tickets for the THEME PARK only (which interestingly enough, they don't even sell yet).

Btw- I'm only speaking for Gadv.  Somehow, I have a feeling this policy will vary park to park. :?

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2006, 03:48:03 PM »
This wont really affect me because I usually go to GADV at night anyways and rarely ever leave the park and come back. I just hope this policy isn't enforced too long.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2006, 08:48:07 PM »
"Six Flags Rethinks No-Reentry Policy"

http://themeparks.about.com/b/a/2006_01_14.htm

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2006, 08:59:30 PM »
I'm more at ease with this, and all of my GP friends will be happy once again.  They were not too pleased when I told them about the no re-entry policy to gauge the reaction for myself.

If they were going to do anything to try to encourage people to stay in the park, I would have gone with the small "re-entry fee" that someone mentioned before.  Maybe $5-10 if you want to re-enter.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2006, 09:02:46 PM »
If they want to be family friendly, and they do, even a one cent re-entry fee would not be wise.  Think about it, from coolers to diapers to forgotten medications to just getting a jacket...not allowing guests to re-enter a theme park without an additional charge would no doubt result in two things:

* Many of them NEVER, EVER coming back--and telling everyone they know not to go either, and

* Some never going to a park they would otherwise go to.

I am glad this is gone, if it truly is.  And I hope it stays gone. This was truly one of the strangest, and least well thought out, schemes to come from Six Flags in a very long time.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2006, 09:15:33 PM »
Alright, I can finally say something here since it?s officially over.

The ONLY reason I was somewhat in favor of this policy (esp. since it didn't affect me) was that a HUGE problem at Great Adventure in particular is drugs and alcohol in the parking lot.  The parking lot isn't safe... period.  This was one bright spot in this insane policy and I was looking forward to it.

So hopefully they come up with a better plan to make the parking lot safe because low-riders with slamming bass with gangs smoking dope while getting insanely drunk on a 98 degree day make for a rather unpleasant experience and IMO, was worth this sacrifice.

I'm not certain this would have applied at other Six Flags properties though.  I'm only speaking from my own experiences at Gadv.

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2006, 11:01:21 AM »
Quote from: "Bubba Z"
We did the park in four hours, rode every coaster (*B:TC) Gregg,  If you weren't on a time limit would we have left, enjoyed lunch and came back. Or were you happy enough getting all the credits and then maybe going   somewhere else ?

If we had all day it probably would have been nice to leave the park, get some White Castle or something and head back.

Then again, seeing how insane the parking lot was when we left that probably wouldn't have been the best thing.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2006, 11:33:24 AM »
^ Just think now with that last news article it's a slim possibility we can still do that.(if you get back to NJ/PA)  I was just saying that usually we never go back in once we are done no matter how fast we finish the park, unless it's to meet up with friends who might be going later on that night.

Wade, I either walk with my head down or never really noticed any of that in the parking lot. Then again, I get to the park at 9:30am so maybe it's the later crowd that you see that I don't. I also never go to the park on Saturday, I stay inside HH.  I'm not doubting it happens I just never see it. Which is good since I have my daughter with me most of the time.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2006, 11:57:41 AM »
Quote from: "Bubba Z"
Wade, I either walk with my head down or never really noticed any of that in the parking lot. Then again, I get to the park at 9:30am so maybe it's the later crowd that you see that I don't. I also never go to the park on Saturday, I stay inside HH.  I'm not doubting it happens I just never see it. Which is good since I have my daughter with me most of the time.

We go probably 25-35 times a year and I see this maybe 2-3 times a year.  And those times happen to be when circumstances force us to go on a Saturday during the summer or during Frightfest on a Saturday night.  Unfortunately, it always seems to happen when we bring friends or family along (using a BAFF pass) and they are left with a rather sour taste of the place.

The parking lot can become a SCARY place but you are correct, the majority of the time, its fine.  I was only looking forward to this policy because the ones it would have affected are generally the people causing this problem (not that I've taken a poll or anything).

Gadv really doesn't need guests like this.  And I believe these are the guests they were really targeting.  Yes, at the sacrifice of many others.

Again, I'm slightly biased because it wouldn't have affected me or my family.

Offline innervision

• VIP
  • Nitro
  • Holy atomic pile, Batman!
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2006, 11:49:57 AM »
Well, here is a little email I got from Kristin today.

Hopefully you have heard by now that the no re-entry policy has been
rescinded.  We will allow re-entry in all parks.  Sorry for any
confusion

I guess they read the internet huh?   :)

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2006, 12:48:22 PM »
that is a key marketing device.  Think about it, our forum combined with all of its members, know alot more and have much more experience in theme parks than shapiro will ever have.  He needs to listen to us and read our feedback on his news, and than make nessicary changes.

I expected this to happen.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2006, 07:56:24 PM »
With all due respect, I strongly suspect The Motley Fool article and the comments of the general managers had a LOT more influence than any internet discussion board....

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2006, 11:49:50 PM »
you would be suprised..
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2006, 06:19:58 AM »
Quote from: "chilled182"
you would be suprised..

Maybe.

Probably not....

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2006, 03:16:17 PM »
Topic is closed.  Re-entry is no longer a problem.  It is once again permitted.

We'll reopen the discussion if something changes.