Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: TR: Sunday, May 20  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
TR: Sunday, May 20
« on: April 21, 2008, 02:32:55 PM »
Boy, been a long time since I have written, and this is going to be a quick report on a quick visit.

Becky and I decided to take a ride over yesterday.  The weather was not the best, but no rain, so it was a good day to enjoy the park.  Crowds were very light.

I used the credit card machine at the front tolls to buy a season parking pass, and it worked with no problem, very quick and simple.

The park looked good, very clean, with the flowers justs tarting to go in.  Some work could still be done, some things, like the Character Cafe could use some fresh paint.

We rode El Toro first, there was no wait, seat 5-1, and we got a reride.  They were running both trains.  The ride was running very well, still silky smooth, and I think a bit faster.  I feel I am getting airtime in places I did not before, like in the little hill past the station and the return hops.  The turns also feel like they are pulling more G's.

Medusa was having problems and was not open when we went by, so we got on the cable cars and went to the other side of the park to Nitro.

Again, great rides, we got four all together.  The first ride was in the front seat, there was actually no line for it, and the rest towards the back where we re-rode three times.  They were running all three trains, and as we came into the station, the ride op was announcing that you could re-ride if your line was empty.

That, believe it or not, is pretty much all we rode.  We would later get a great ride on the Teacups, lots of spinning.  We walked around, played some games, and just enjoyed the park.

I got my season parking processed, which was not as easy as it seems.  I have, or rather had, a SFA pass.  The website was not working correctly when I renewed, and I could not renew with parking.  Well, you can't get parking added to a SFA pass at SFGAdv.  So, what they did was issue me a SFGAdv pass instead.  So I got a $90 pass for $40.  Not too bad.  And between Becky and I, we have a coupon book for each park.  And the books look to be actually useful this year.

Finally, we saw the Dolphin show.  It was not too bad, a little hokey, but we enjoyed.
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
Re: TR: Sunday, May 20
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 06:23:31 PM »
Great Trip Report always a beautiful thing to find Nitro with no wait.

Great to hear from you too!
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 06:28:31 PM »
It's nice to see you left the woods for some coasters.  Happy stamping this summer!

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 05:27:33 AM »
Funny thing, we have actually been hitting up parks for a few weeks now, I just haven't written about it, much to my shame.

We visited KD on Easter Sunday, Dollywood a few weeks after that, BGE last week, and we will be at SFA next Sat., Dorney the following Sat., Carowinds over Memorial Day weekend, and Coaster Mania the following week with a hopeful trip to Waldmeer as well, and maybe, if Becky can do it, Kennywood.  I am going to attempt to keep up on some of the reports.
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!