Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: GADV NEEDS one of these!  (Read 7241 times)

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« on: January 17, 2006, 10:11:28 AM »
http://www.barbieri-rides.com/view/2/7/102.htm

Indiana Beach has a huge hit on their hands as far as I'm concerned. I know everyone in my house would love this even more then Hershey's Roller Soaker! :lol:

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 10:27:27 AM »
Can you say knock down PSP, and put it there. That looks like a lot of fun.

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 10:29:32 AM »
Totally, I can envision it there! I will miss the "Moon Flume"/Splash Down for sentimental reasons but, this ride would do far better in this area.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 10:40:57 AM »
I want!  I want!  I want! :D I can really invision that as the type of ride that the new regime would love to install at a park.  It wouldn't be a headliner at Great Adventure, but pretty close.  I hate getting wet at amusement/theme parks, but I'd give that a whirl.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 10:51:57 AM »
I'm really curious how much something like this would cost.  This ride would be a GREAT addition and probably cost 1/8 of a major coaster and likely have better ROI.

Very Cool!

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 01:27:40 PM »
I rememeber reading an article a while back in a European COaster Club Mag... and thought to myself "That looks like a blast, when can we get one?" I get to try this one out at IB in August, I'll let ya guys know how it is.  8)

Rob

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 02:13:55 PM »
how about where movie town water effect is.  That thing is pretty great looking.

All of those rides on the left are pretty cool looking actually.  Great find Diana!
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 02:18:51 PM »
This would definately be a family ride, but I don't think getting rid of PSP would make enough space.  I'd say get rid of Movietown Water Effect and the Justice League store for it.  I've only been on Roller Soaker once, and the water was turned off :( .
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 02:20:05 PM »
They wont get rid of a store though.  And i dont see movie town leaving now that i think about it.  But it would make a pretty cool movie theme if they could fit it in there somehow.

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 02:27:06 PM »
I'm loving it :D I would love one in GAdv, but I don't see it happening. I wish Hershey would change their plans from the other water attractions in 07 to this :D Looks amazing!

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 02:53:39 PM »
I watched the slideshow,, and that thing looks pretty cool for a family ride.  IMO, PSP would create enough room for it if you have a custom layout.  The outskirts of PSP is a maintence road(I believe) which can easily be rerouted.  Or we can throw it in HH!
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 04:15:07 PM »
I think it would be great at our park . I say get rid of PSP and put it there especially if it is a family ride. It would fit right in at the seaport. Nice find, now if only someone at the top could see it . :wink:

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 04:30:44 PM »
They wouldn't read these boards now would they?... nah  :lol:

We can only hope that the new team has attractions like this in mind!

My only question is, why remove PSP?  First off, it just got big time rehabbed.  Secondly, there is something unique about the moonflumes that is so different from the typical log flumes.  I'd be sad to say goodbye to PSP.

Many may hate me for saying this but I say rip out the Spongbob theatre and put this in there.  Add some trees, decent theming, etc.  That entire area needs new life.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 04:59:58 PM »
I agree.. psp should stay.

Spongebob wouldnt be too much of a loss.. and it would kind of fit nicely there.. since theres no water rides near the boardwalk.

however.. i say movietown somewhere.  that would make a great movie ride.

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 05:17:48 PM »
I want one now. I don't know where they could fit it into the park, but I am sure that during the summer the lines would be really, really long for that ride.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 08:51:17 PM »
OK Keep PSP but DON'T rip down Sponge Bob please my 4 year old loves him and that is always a good stop for rain or when it is really hot out. It's a  nice indoor ride . I don't know, maybe get rid of the Alcatraz thing and that food stand out by Superman. Maybe even move the space shuttle again it might fit over there. I don't know but, hey, anyway you slice it it would be a big improvement if we can get one.

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 02:45:08 PM »
I was thinking Spongebob would be perfect too but didn't want to say anything.  I don't think it would fit in PSP since it seems like a pretty thin strip of land behind it, and it would mean getting rid of a lot of trees.  The Spongebob area is right in the sun, which you need for a water ride like this one.  Rather than Spongebob I'd like to see it take place of the Go-Karts, but I don't think they'd remove them.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 06:09:24 PM »
^ way better Idea, I wish they would take the restrictor plates off the go-carts. Then maybe I would spend the 8 dollars if they were faster.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 06:32:34 PM »
I dont think the go karts are very popular to begin with.  Granted, they fit in very nicely with the boardwalk theme, but i dont think many people know about them in the first place.  I dont think many people want to spend money to ride them either, especially when there are coasters near by and they have already paid 60 bucks to enter.

Though this ride would not really fit the boardwalk theme very well, and this seems to be the new major focus of the park.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 09:13:19 PM »
Quote from: "Bubba Z"
^ way better Idea, I wish they would take the restrictor plates off the go-carts. Then maybe I would spend the 8 dollars if they were faster.
Throw some banked turns in there and maybe a speed curve and boom, i'd pay $100 to ride them.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2006, 11:46:08 PM »
I was thinking since were already packing frontier adventures like a can of sardines that we could fit one of them in there somehow, maybe on the peninsula. Make it like Quick Draw McGraw Wild West Shootout! It would also fit in the Golden Kingdom if they could find the space, make it a journey through the jungle and you shoot like monkeys or something.
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2006, 07:22:39 AM »
Uh, there will be no shooting "like monkeys or something" in the Golden Kingdom.  First of all, monkeys don't shoot people, people shoot people.  Or, if you meant you shoot AT monkeys, that would be contrary to all the messages the Golden Kingdom wants to send.

And, it would be contrary to the family image that Snyder/Shapiro want.

Not to mention, I, for one, don't want to be anywhere near a gokart occupied by some kid shooting at stuff.  They do well enough to drive as it is....

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2006, 11:26:36 AM »
Screamscape says that Legoland CA is getting one:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/legoland_california.htm
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2006, 11:37:02 AM »
There is also a link in there with video of this ride in action!
http://www.3dba.be/?nid=5010     I really hope SF gives this ride some consideration  :D

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
GADV NEEDS one of these!
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2006, 11:20:45 PM »
It's a shame we don't have rights to use Spongebob as theming, it could be a Bikini Bottom themed splash battle, making a mini Spongebob land in the Boardwalk!

I'd say try for a funhouse theme, which would go with the boardwalk theme rather well.  Have clowns and other stuff to shoot at.  It would be hard, but fit the theme.  If they did this they could conceivably more money, since I've never seen any sizeable amount of people riding go-karts and if they charge a quarter to use a land-mounted shooter they could probably make a great business, just look at the flumes and rapids.

GADVwow, this ride would be exactly the type of family ride the new management wants.  Also, we are saying we want the gokarts removed for this, and the people riding will not be driving.