Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: ADA Proposals Address Wide Range of Facilities, Including Parks  (Read 795 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: ADA Proposals Address Wide Range of Facilities, Including Parks
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 02:54:36 PM »
I don't know how I missed this when you posted it.  This crap just frustrates the crap out of me.  IMO, the ADA was probably the worst written POS ever put through our government.  I don't know if anybody else on here watches Penn and Tellers Bull*MY KEYBOARD SMELLS BAD!* on Showtime but they did a great job covering what the ADA has done to America.

Yes, there should be miniature golf courses available for the disabled.  I agree with that.  But it should be up to the businesses to decide how/when/if they decide to do this.  In some areas, this just makes no sense whatsoever while perhaps a place like Disney World could offer both types of courses.  Let the consumer demands put the onus on the business owner!

*end of rant lol

edit:  Just happpened to poke through Showtimes website and found a preview link from the episode lol  I was perfectly okay with the rules and regulations until they get to the part with "Difficulty using the phone, trouble handling money, etc."

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1305032885/bclid1349157614/bctid1349157587
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 03:00:36 PM by WadeJ »