Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: SF changes..How will they affect the coaster companies?  (Read 4383 times)

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
SF changes..How will they affect the coaster companies?
« on: January 27, 2006, 10:31:29 AM »
This was brought up in another forum but, I am asking you all how you think this will afffect Intamin, B&M etc...? Do you think they are sweating as much as the coaster enthusiasts right now?

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 12:45:16 PM »
we are the biggest endorsers of Beemers.  WE as in SF.  I feel as though they may start trying to appeal to SF in other ways.. such as making thier rides more like what vekoma did with everest and things like that..

Intamin will more than likely focus on its woodies, which have prooved a huuge success for them.  No more record breaking rockets, but more woodies.

BOth companies will have to think out of the box if they want to continue to stay true competitors.

I also believe this will be a time for the other lesser known companies to prove thier stuff.  Maurer Sohne for instance, has some great concepts and im not talking about just coasters.  I would love to see some of these ideas brought to the US and east coast especialy.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 02:15:00 PM »
I don't think Intamin has to worry as there rocket coaster is a huge success all over the world. But B&M, the only places I really see them being built right now is SF and who knows what's going to happen....

Offline CoasterPete

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 03:25:38 PM »
I don't think the coaster companies are worrying too much.  The European and Asian markets are still pretty good and strong.  Perhaps what they might loose in the US they will gain elsewhere.  

Pete
Florida's hidden secret.....the Dania Beach Hurricane!

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 08:06:45 PM »
I beg to differ.

If Six Flags' strategy is wildly successful, you will see a lot fewer coasters built world-wide.

No one in the park business sees any need to spend the first nickel if there is a way to successfully bring in the same money by spending three cents, or better yet, two....

That includes the cherished Disney....

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 11:51:08 PM »
were not about to see the distinction of roller coasters here though.  Maybe for a few years numbers will be down.  

I again will make a claim stating that designers will be urged to push harder and become more original if they are to catch the eyes of the new SF management.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline gadvrider2

• Koala Canyon
    • http://Gainsider.com
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 12:24:10 AM »
What Snyder needs to do is get rid of some of the other parks like Astroworld, and put that money into the big parks like GADV, SFNE, and SFOG

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 06:21:13 AM »
Not all of the small parks are unprofitable.

Some are very, very profitable.

And it would be foolish indeed to unload moneymakers...

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 01:16:37 PM »
It looks like they are off-ing some of the parks though.  With the announcement of the selling of Frontier City and the water park with it, who knows what will be next.  EG?  SFM?, DL?  IMHO, I believe that they would get rid of all the smaller parks that are being unprofitable, and when budgit time comes around, they have less parks to choose from to put new things into, makeing those parks a lot better then just one thing every 2 or so years.
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 02:31:43 PM »
Quote from: "CoasterPete"
I don't think the coaster companies are worrying too much.  The European and Asian markets are still pretty good and strong.  Perhaps what they might loose in the US they will gain elsewhere.  

Pete

Compared to SF's consistant buying of coasters across the board for most of their parks, other parks hardly ever buy coasters. CF is the closest to SF in that respect and they don't load up on coaster after coaster. Sure they'll sell a bunch of coasters round the world but what happens to B&M when everyone has a B&M and no one else wants them. Launching time. I feel it's inevitable for their continuance as a company. Not in the very near future but in the distant future if they're still around.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2006, 04:54:37 PM »
Of the coaster companies, the one I would think would be most affected by Six Flags new stance is INTAMIN.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2006, 11:31:08 PM »
Did anyone catch this News a few days ago  ?

Six Flags Enhances Focus on Guest Experience With Leadership Training for Employees
Company Retains 'Solutions and Specialized Innovations' to Improve Guest Experience in Its Parks

Six Flags Enhances Focus on Guest Experience With Leadership Training for Employees

NEW YORK, Jan. 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Six Flags (NYSE: PKS) announced today that it has retained Houston-based Solutions and Specialized Innovations Ltd. (SASI), to develop and implement a training program for park employees designed to enhance the company's focus on improving the guest experience at Six Flags parks across America.

"The mission of every Six Flags employee has to be the guest experience, first and foremost, and SASI is helping us develop the tools and methods to carry out that agenda," saidMark Shapiro, Six Flags President and CEO . "Our brand must represent more than just the best rides in the country -- outstanding service is paramount for the 35 million guests who visit our parks every year."

SASI helps companies bring about change in their work environments through training, coaching, motivational seminars, workshops, and other corporate training techniques. Its philosophy is that organizational employees and leaders can be empowered to improve their workplace culture by shifting their understanding of themselves, people, organizations and systems.

"With its dedication to implementing new techniques to make their guests feel welcome and valued during their time in the parks, Six Flags takes its place in the ranks of innovative and forward-thinking corporations who lead by focusing on their customers," said SASI's Ron Morrison. "If employees have the right tools and training, they will more easily understand how to respect and value their customers."

Six Flags is the world's largest regional theme park company.
Yo

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2006, 09:15:29 AM »
Yeah, I caught it.

I hope this is more than just some of Snyder and/or Shapiro's friends getting a contract to teach the obvious.

I hope.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2006, 12:39:21 PM »
I think the new ownership is a positive thing.
Great Adventure would not be getting a new coaster in years anyway after Kingda (25 Million)  and El Toro ( ? )
We are lucky to have what we have.

SHapiro did say there will be new coaster just not 20 million $ ones

Quality not Quantity
Yo

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2006, 04:04:41 PM »
Quote from: "GADVwow"
Yeah, I caught it.

I hope this is more than just some of Snyder and/or Shapiro's friends getting a contract to teach the obvious.

I hope.

As apposed to the training of years past where I guess they forgot to teach the "obvious"...
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage