Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Next Ride To Go?  (Read 69544 times)

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Re: Next Ride To Go?
« Reply #350 on: July 20, 2010, 08:27:50 PM »
They have an imbalance when it comes to the way they handle budget. More money goes some places, while some areas don't get what they fully need.

It's quite similar to how the state gov't is run, the same way for almost 50 years.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #351 on: September 03, 2010, 04:32:50 PM »

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #352 on: September 03, 2010, 04:38:59 PM »
It is inside of part of the park that hasn't been opened in two years. I'm not surprised.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #353 on: September 03, 2010, 05:15:30 PM »
It is sad to see it go as there is now no hope that the area is going to be reopend anytime soon . Why not just make GA a coaster park only and get rid of everything else ?

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #354 on: September 03, 2010, 05:32:23 PM »
Because we already have one Cedar Point in this country?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #355 on: September 03, 2010, 05:49:39 PM »
:(  Bummer. 

One of the few originals left.  It opened 2 years after the park and I believe came from the 64 Worlds Fair like the Skyway did.

In typical Six Flags fashion, it got a total full rehab in the 06/07 off season and then went SBNO the following year to sit and rot.

I understand the way money and business works and it actually did make sense even to me to close this section off after Chiller was gone but why in the world they couldn't have found a few bucks to relocate the ride to one of the TONS of empty ride pads is beyond me.

And my boys love this style ride.  Go figure...

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #356 on: September 03, 2010, 08:48:48 PM »
I am kind of disappointed with this, many of the employees I've talked to since chiller left said that the area was in limbo until something drastic happens.

Offline RollingToro95

« Reply #357 on: September 08, 2010, 03:33:32 PM »
The fact that they're removing Musik Express is probably a good sign - the ride was falling apart and looked like trash anyway. If anything, it means that they are considering redeveloping Old Country.

And to the kid who keeps saying "the next Cedar Point" - Cedar Point has one of the best flat ride collections in the world. Stop bashing Cedar Point - you don't know what you're talking about. The park you're thinking of is Magic Mountain. Cedar Point is the #1 Amusement Park in the world because it has so many good coasters and so many good flats.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #358 on: September 08, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »

And to the kid who keeps saying "the next Cedar Point" - Cedar Point has one of the best flat ride collections in the world. Stop bashing Cedar Point - you don't know what you're talking about. The park you're thinking of is Magic Mountain. Cedar Point is the #1 Amusement Park in the world because it has so many good coasters and so many good flats.

By the general public, NO ONE talks about Flat rides in any of the parks. If it's a kid then that's an exception. Cedar Point doesn't get its fame from its Flat ride collection, only because of the amount of roller coasters they boast about way too much. All the Cedar Fair parks and all the Six Flags parks get value and popularity from most people because of their collection of roller coasters. I almost never hear about Knoebel's, Kennywood, Holiday World and even Hershey because they "don't have anything worth visiting for." Yet, both Knoebel's, Holiday World and Kennywood have rides that are worlds better than most of the ones at other parks.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #359 on: September 08, 2010, 05:47:37 PM »
And someone needs to get to Magic Mountain...one of the best parks anywhere, and knott to be sneezed at.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #360 on: September 08, 2010, 05:56:04 PM »
I actually thought they redid the musik express just before chiller closed anyway, and just because they tore out a ride doesn't mean they're going to work in the area. Just look at the pads by the chairlift.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #361 on: September 08, 2010, 06:09:11 PM »
Not to mention that was a totally different they that closed that area to start with.  Management has changed.  Drastically.  At the national level.  At the park level.  What was done in the past is no indicator at all of what may be done in the future.  It has little to nothing to do with how the park will be run in the future.

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #362 on: September 08, 2010, 08:18:36 PM »
I almost never hear about Knoebel's, Kennywood, Holiday World and even Hershey because they "don't have anything worth visiting for."

Hershey park has 11 coasters.... thats pretty good. i always here about hershey..

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #363 on: September 08, 2010, 08:24:42 PM »
You wouldn't if you lived in New Mexico...for example.  But they have darn sure heard of Cedar Point in New Mexico.  America's Roller Coast.

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #364 on: September 09, 2010, 01:54:05 AM »
^well Hershey Park, yeah probably considering the obvious relation to Hershey's chocolate... just saying

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #365 on: September 09, 2010, 06:28:27 AM »
You might think so, but very few people nationwide have heard of Hersheypark.  Awareness for it in industry surveys is actually quite low.  It's not like the chocolate company has done anything to promote the park nationally in decades.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #366 on: September 09, 2010, 07:14:45 AM »
I tend to hear very positive reviews of Knoebels from the common folk. They see the value in it more than a lot of enthusiasts do. Personally I'll tale Knoebels over any theme park with a bunch of coasters, because none of those places offer the overall package like Knoebels does and at such a reasonable price and with great food to boot!

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #367 on: September 09, 2010, 12:04:55 PM »
The only person I know where I live who's been to Knoebel's also has high reviews, and he wishes more people would spend the time to travel out there for a trip. The only time I hear about Hershey park is when there's an athletic event or a competition and everyone wants to visit the park because it's there.

Offline nitro55

« Reply #368 on: September 10, 2010, 12:41:58 AM »
Hershey park is a great park has 2 great woodies and alot of flats and is cleaner then sixflags

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #369 on: September 10, 2010, 09:24:47 AM »
I was extremely underwhelmed by Hershey. It was run pretty poorly in my opinion. They ran one train on everything except Fahrenheit and Storm Runner. I actually felt that Great Adventure felt cleaner and more balanced. I felt the high point of the park was actually the woodies which I enjoyed.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #370 on: September 10, 2010, 03:02:47 PM »
I guess hershey is one of those parks that only runs multiple trains when they have to. I wish we got a storm runner-like ride instead of kingda ka...

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #371 on: September 10, 2010, 03:56:47 PM »
I guess hershey is one of those parks that only runs multiple trains when they have to. I wish we got a storm runner-like ride instead of kingda ka...
Problem was the lines weren't short. Sooperdooper looper with one train operation was like over an hour because it take so long to go around.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #372 on: September 10, 2010, 05:07:55 PM »
That is not typical for Hershey. Usually Looper has two trains running on a day like that and is such a walk-on you can re-ride a dozen times without getting off. The Great Bear crew is atrocious and Comet dispatches are horrible, but that's just as much the fault of the seat belts as the operations. The rest of the coasters in the park are operated fairly efficiently IMO.

Offline BackGuy

« Reply #373 on: September 14, 2010, 11:34:06 AM »
Hershey was great when I visited on a road trip to Cedar Point. Also along the way I was the lone car passenger that wanted to stop at (or even knew of) Knoebels, so it got passed by. Take that for what it's worth.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #374 on: September 14, 2010, 07:30:22 PM »
Although Knoebels attracts people from as far away as California (well coaster enthusiasts anyway), it really only markets to eastern PA I think. It's a gem of a place that most outsiders don't know about.