Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Kingdakafan's Dorney Trip  (Read 2637 times)

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
Kingdakafan's Dorney Trip
« on: August 25, 2009, 01:51:09 PM »
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to share my trip at Dorney with ya'll.

We arrived at the park just after opening and we started out by going down the path to Steel Force (passing the awesome hedge Snoopy!) When we got to Steel Force they literally just opened the ride as soon as we got to the waiting line and were the first train out of the station. While I very much enjoyed it my dad was slightly less that terrified with threats to kill me for making him go on this along with some profanity in there. But the airtime on steel force was great and the helix was much more intense than I anticipated.

After Steel we went over to Possesed. All I can say is Wow. The launch was amazing the twist was extremely intense and the two second hold at the brake spike was a stone cold killer. While my Dad refused to go on this, (claiming it was too much like the pirate ship ride that gets him sick) me and my friend enjoyed this ride to the fullest extent. Especially because we got front seat with no line!

After that we went over to Dominator and rode the red side since i've been on a freefall tower before.

Then we went over to Hydra. This was possibly one of the best coasters i've ever ridden. I never expected the jojo roll to be as intense as it was. This was also my dads favorite ride of the day. It was extremely smooth and had many graceful turns and dives.

I wish Gadv had hearses like this for Fright fest!

After Hydra me and my friend went on thunder creek mountain to cool off. This was a very good log flume in my opinion. We were lucky enough that when we were close to steel force the train came right by the log boat!

Then we went to eat at the monster grill and the cheese steak was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU WHOEVER RECOMMENDED IT!

Right after that we went on Possesed again this time in the middle. Then we were going to go to Talon but as soon as we got the it POURED, EXTREMELY HARD :'(

After we left we went to Crystal Cave which was a very plesant experiance.

Over all it was a great trip. And the best part was there were no lines for anything!

You can see pics in the gallery
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 02:20:48 PM by kingdakafan »

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
Re: Kingdakafan's Dorney Trip
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 03:25:38 PM »
so thrilling

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 06:02:18 PM »
I think it was me that recommended the Cheese Steak. I'm glad you had a good time, and sorry you got rained out at the same time. You'll have to make a trip back there to ride Talon and Thunderhawk. They are both very solid rides.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 09:17:24 PM »
Then we went over to Hydra. This was possibly one of the best coasters i've ever ridden. I never expected the jojo roll to be as intense as it was. This was also my dads favorite ride of the day. It was extremely smooth and had many graceful turns and dives.

Really???  Hydra's had a rattle unlike any other B&M coaster since the day it opened.  It's so bad that I haven't even ridden it the past couple of years even though we go there all the time.  Rich actually rode it for the first time this year on Sunday and said it was the worst ride he's ever had on it due to all the rattling.

Glad you liked Possessed!  That's one of my all-time favorite rides.  Most times when we go to Dorney Possessed is the only ride we bother to go on.  191 rides on it last year and 151 so far this year.   :)

What's so good about the cheesesteak?  We never eat at the park, but I love a good cheesesteak so I might have to check that out.

Offline themeparkrider

• Balin's Jungleland
  • More Flags, More Fun!
    • ThemeParkRider
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 10:43:58 PM »
For one, I love Cheesesteak. Also, I'll remember this when I go next time.
-themeparkrider-

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 11:46:56 PM »
It's just good Cheese Steak, better than average park food. It's not that big though, that was my only complaint, but with fries and a drink, it's filling and you probably wont waste any food.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 12:26:58 AM »
The roll at the start of hydra is the whole reason to ride.

It kind of reminds me of farenheit. Kinda fun, not too intense, rattly, and wayyyyy worse than it looks. However I like Hydra. Talon is much better though.

Steel Force is the worst hyper

Offline themeparkrider

• Balin's Jungleland
  • More Flags, More Fun!
    • ThemeParkRider
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 09:32:22 AM »
why
-themeparkrider-

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 10:45:55 PM »
because all other hypers are better.

I just find it forceless and over-rated IMO. I'm sure all the other morgan hypers are similar but i've only riden steel force.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 09:44:09 AM »
I really enjoy Hydra. The only thing I feel it could use would be a little more speed. Other than that, I love the terracoaster approach.

Sue, when you say rattling, do you mean rattling like that of Fahrenheit?

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 01:21:19 PM »
I noticed rattling on farenheight too