Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Dorney Park 9/4/09  (Read 2789 times)

Offline themeparkrider

• Balin's Jungleland
  • More Flags, More Fun!
    • ThemeParkRider
Dorney Park 9/4/09
« on: September 06, 2009, 12:04:13 PM »
My trip to Dorney Park:
     Hello. Just recently, I went on a trip to Dorney Park.  ;D The day started with admission at the parking lot. When I was handed a map, I looked right away for the must do’s. After entering, which by the way was very quick, we (my family and I) rode the Carousel directly in front. The security guard acted rude, and whistled at everything. Next, we headed down the long, long, hill and went on the Sea Dragon, recognizing the model instantly! I loved how fast the line was, and how high I went. After the Sea Dragon, we went down, some more (Can’t they install some steps or something?). Next on the agenda was Steel Force. we sat in the middle.  ;) I loved it, and it was an instant favorite. My favorite part was the view and the ‘air time’. I watched Voodoo/Possessed, not my ride! We tried to ride the cars but the wait was too long. So now, it was time for ThunderHawk. I liked that too, especially because of the sudden brakes. It reminded me a lot of Rolling Thunder.
     Next, after a little while, we rode Hydra! Now that was like Medusa. I loved the layout and overbanked turn. I think it was unique with the slow zero g roll. But it was fun. After, I got a bite to eat at the sports Grill. I wasn’t hungry enough for a cheese steak so I had a sampler dish with mozzarella sticks and onion rings. I felt much better and like ‘a real person’ after. We rode the Thunder Canyon Train, but the raft ride didn’t work so I got to see what the track looked like. Then we went back down the hill, and rode Steel Force twice. We took some video.  After, I rode ThunderHawk again, in the front row. Fantastic ride! Then we watched people getting off of the Log Flume, soaked. So we avoided that ride. Next, we rode the purple train. It was too small to fit in well, and I didn’t care for it. I rode Hydra again, in the same spot, the back. After, I rode the canyon train again. Then, I went in the gift shop near Camp Snoopy and bought everything from magnets to T-Shirts. Finally, I rode Steel Force one last time, in the middle, and loved it still! On the way back, we stopped for a bight to eat.  8)
Coaster Count: Steel Force, 4 times. ThunderHawk, twice. And Hydra, twice.
-themeparkrider-

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Re: Dorney Park 9/4/09
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 10:26:45 PM »
Funny I was there and tweeting the whole time.  We might have bumped into each other and not even known it!  Did you also feel how bumpy Hydra was, or maybe I got the bad train twice? 

Also, where do you feel air on Steel Force that is close to noteworthy?  That's a serious question.  People rave about it's great airtime, and I really just don't feel it.

You really missed out skipping on Possessed, especially with the non-existent lines that day.  My longest wait was 10 minutes for Thunderhawk, and that was only because it was running one train. Glad to see you had fun too!
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 12:53:57 AM »
I 've only been on Steel Force once and I found it very over-rated. Maybe it has good rides and bad. I don't know.

Why no Talon? best ride at Dorney for me.

I like thunderhawk too. Not great but better than I thought. That one break at the end friggin sucks.

Glad you had a good day. Dorney is if nothing else a fun park. Just not a "must-do".

Offline themeparkrider

• Balin's Jungleland
  • More Flags, More Fun!
    • ThemeParkRider
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 08:21:08 AM »
Alright!  ;D I didn't mention that one of the times on Steel Force I sat in the front(sorry, I forgot). Then if you're good, which I think you are, you will catch a litle air time. If you haven't try front on it next time. Every time a passed Possessed it was closed for testing, so I passed anyway. Thunderhawk DID have good wait times, and I alwats get sick on hanging coasters.  :( But all in all, it was a fun park and must do for me.  :)
-themeparkrider-

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 02:40:24 PM »
There's airtime in the front and last car but why it's there on some rides and noyt on others, I simply have no idea, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the temperature and how hard the block brakes are slowing down the trains.
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline themeparkrider

• Balin's Jungleland
  • More Flags, More Fun!
    • ThemeParkRider
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 03:43:02 PM »
That is a good point I never thought of that. Now is it me or is the back bumpyer then the middle and fornt? Wierd...
-themeparkrider-

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 06:12:11 PM »
On Hydra?

Offline themeparkrider

• Balin's Jungleland
  • More Flags, More Fun!
    • ThemeParkRider
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 06:26:16 PM »
I thought we were talking about Steel Force! :o Hydra is completely bumpy!

Edit: Spell Check please!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 07:42:28 PM by overlord »
-themeparkrider-

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 06:42:32 PM »
I rode Steel Force all over the train looking for airtime, and I only get a little on the ending bunny hops.  This day I rode in the back and I felt the airtime potential it has.  The drop off of the lift would have crazy air...but it has that stutter to it.  Same with the ending hops.  The second hill is so oversized that there's not much of a chance for it.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 07:09:07 PM »
I rode Steel Force all over the train looking for airtime, and I only get a little on the ending bunny hops.  This day I rode in the back and I felt the airtime potential it has.  The drop off of the lift would have crazy air...but it has that stutter to it.  Same with the ending hops.  The second hill is so oversized that there's not much of a chance for it.

Agreeed! its like a very bad attempt to copy magnum.

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 08:01:44 PM »
I thought we were talking about Steal Force! :o Hydra is completely bumby!
I think its steel force, not steal force unless you mean its so good its a steal! :D

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!

Offline themeparkrider

• Balin's Jungleland
  • More Flags, More Fun!
    • ThemeParkRider
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 09:45:42 PM »
hehe sorry about that
-themeparkrider-