Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Disney might be purchased...Again  (Read 1406 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Disney might be purchased...Again
« on: February 27, 2006, 12:42:09 PM »
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-bk-disney022706,0,3313464.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

I'll cry if this happens.  I'm serious.  This could mark the end of what makes a Disney theme park so special  :cry:

Disney stock up after speculation
The Associated Press

February 27, 2006, 12:19 PM EST

Walt Disney Co. shares were up 34 cents to $28.32 in late-morning trading today after a report in Barron's over the weekend suggested the media conglomerate could be purchased by Apple Computer Inc. now that Apple founder Steve Jobs sits on Disney's board as its largest individual shareholder.

Apple, which could unveil new product offerings Tuesday, climbed 34 cents to $71.80 on the news in late-morning trading.

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 03:15:13 PM »
Where in the world will apple get the fiances to buy disney ?
They would get the shareholder support for the merger anyway.
Don't Worry about it  :wink:

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 08:02:09 PM »
Once upon a time there was this little company called The Tierco Group, later known as Premier Parks.  And another company, many, many times its size called Six Flags.  And people said Premier Parks could never ever buy Six Flags, as the former was about 1/10 the size of the latter, if that.  

But lots and lots of debt was created, and Premier Parks DID buy Six Flags.  Back in 1998.

Do I think Apple will buy Disney?  No.  Do I think it impossible?  Not even close.  It could happen.  Not likely, but it could.