Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Harry Potter will open spring 2010  (Read 3513 times)

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Harry Potter will open spring 2010
« on: September 15, 2009, 12:55:02 PM »
I guess they wanted to cool down some of Disney news

Wizarding World of Harry Potter will open spring 2010
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is set to open in spring 2010, Universal announced today Sept. 2010.
VIDEO BELOW

1MB MAP Layout of the New Land
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5517/mapharrypotter.jpg

Details about the addition to Islands of Adventure were announced by Universal Orlando on Tuesday. The event confirmed several previously reported items and detailed a few others.

The major attraction will be within the Hogwarts castle and called Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. It was described in vague but grandiose terms.

"It couldn't be farther from a roller coaster," said Paul Daurio, show producer of Wizarding World.

+ Fans will enter through a re-creation of Hogsmeade, a full-scale village. First scene: Hogsmeade Station, followed by Zonko's (a joke shop), Honeydukes (treats such as chocolate frogs) and Three Broomsticks (British fare including butterbeer).

+ Next is the Owlery meeting space (referred to as a "calm environment"), the Owlpost (where letters can get a Hogsmeade postmark) and Ollivanders, an interactive shop where guests can purchase their own wands, or rather, the wand chooses them.

+ Two coasters were showcased. Although they were not referred to by their Lost Continent personas, Dueling Dragons looks to become Dragon Challenge and the Flying Unicorn coaster will be transformed into Flight of the Hippogriff.

+ Dervish and Banges, a store with magical instruments and goods such as Quidditch equipment.

+ Finally, Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods, consisting of Ministry of Magic merchandise.

People have been increasingly clamoring for a clearer opening date target from Universal.

Released today were two videos and a set of renderings for the planned park

# At the entrance of Hogsmeade, you will he greeted by the arrival of the Hogwarts Express into Hogsmeade station
# There is a joke shop called Zonko’s, with familiar tricks and jokes including Extendable Ears, Boxing Telescopes and Sneakoscopes
# If you are in the mood for a strange treat, Honeydukes has Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Bott’s Every-Flavour Beans
# Want to eat? You'll find traditional British food at the Three Broomsticks and the adjacent Hog’s Head pub. That food includes Butterbeer and pumpkin juice
Across from the Three Broomsticks is The Owlery, where owls roost and await their next delivery
# Want to show off to all your friends that you went to Hogsmeade? The Owl Post will send your letter with a certified Hogsmeade postmark and official stamps from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
# Ollivanders wand shop creates an interactive experience where the wand chooses the wizard
# Dervish and Banges is the most unusual music and equipment shop you have ever seen with Quidditch equipment, Triwizard apparel, Spectrespecs and Remembralls
Dragon Challenge, features a twin high-speed roller coaster with many iconic elements from the Triwizard Tournament
# Maybe the Flight of the Hippogriff is more your speed. It is a family coaster simulating a Hippogriff training flight over the grounds of Hogwarts castle.
# In Hogwarts castle, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is a new state-of-the-art attraction that uses entirely new technology to bring the magic, characters and stories of Harry Potter to life.
# Before you leave Hogsmeade, you can fill your souvenir needs at Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods, which is full of Ministry of Magic and magical creatures merchandise, Omnioculars, and even remote control Golden Snitches.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 02:21:31 PM by PcMan »
Yo

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Re: Harry Potter will open spring 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 08:32:06 PM »
I just want to go there to get the R/c Snitch

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 08:41:35 PM »
Dragon Challenge ... That name sucks!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 05:04:03 PM »
Universal Orlando Resort will launch a brand-new, national commercial for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
during Super Bowl XLIV.
The ad, created by Universal Orlando and Rosso Media Ltd in the UK,
offers guests a look into the magic that awaits them at the highly anticipated theme park experience set to open Spring 2010.

http://www.UniversalOrlando.com/HarryPotter

« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 05:06:52 PM by PcMan »
Yo

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 06:20:44 PM »
It's official.... Dragon's Challenge.

Offline nitrorox1414

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 08:31:39 PM »

If the name it that I will never go back! Hahaha Jk but that is a bad name.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 08:56:37 PM by Steve »

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 09:16:34 PM »
I think it's a perfectly fine name in the context of Potterland.

Offline nitrorox1414

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 08:06:24 PM »
I like it but it goes more along kids theme( not that im against kids) but its sorta Disney-ish. Dragon Challenge doesnt seem that "intimadating" as Dueling Dragons.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 09:34:56 PM »
Perhaps that's the idea. ;)

As was, IoA was more appealing to families with older kids, compared to Disney. With Potterland, they can draw in younger kids obsessed with Harry's wizarding world.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 01:43:08 PM »
So on the Potter site it says opening on June 18

http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter

lets hope a soft opening happens before that  since I may be there sometime in May

« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 01:46:15 PM by PcMan »
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 02:18:37 PM »
Rumor has it that it may be in soft opening towards the very end of May.  Possibly starting May 28th.

Personally, I doubt this ride will have it's kinks worked out before 2011.  But at least the area will be really neat to walk through LOL

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 03:29:20 PM »
So is this ride really going to be like you are riding a broom ?? I so do that already being the witch that I am LOL ... Ok so I am not really a witch but is that the kind of ride that is going into the castle ? I wonder how good this area really is going to be since the only "new" ride is the one in the castle . I hope to get there this summer but we will see .

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 03:50:22 PM »
Nobody knows for sure but what we do know is that they will be using a kuka robot arm on a moving platform/coaster.  Checkout sum of all thrills at Epcot for a stationary version ;).

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 09:23:04 AM »
Well, I'm still not sure 100% how they will convey the imagery to the riders but here is a look at the "cars".  I had heard you will have a screen come down over your head like Sum of all Thrills but this photo doesn't show it.  So I guess it will either be like spiderman or maybe have a screen come down for each car?

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/universal-orlando/p51253-ride-arm-for-the-harry-potter-and-the-forbidden-journey-vehicles.html

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 09:44:03 AM »

Thanks Wade ..it looks intresting ..kind of like Spiderman . I just hope it doesn't break down all the time like Spiderman did the first year or so .

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 09:55:06 AM »
It will LOL

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 11:16:42 AM »
Too slow...already removed.