Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: New Busch Gardens Tampa Coaster  (Read 23766 times)

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
New Busch Gardens Tampa Coaster
« on: January 15, 2010, 07:39:42 PM »
So I think we've all heard the rumors that BGT is getting a new coaster soon, probably in 2011.
I think we've all also heard the rumor it will be a B&M Hyper. But rumor has it now that it will not be a B&M hyper, but still very large in size. Mind you the rumor is from screamscape...  Assuming this is true and it's not a BM hyper, and that it is still large, what do you think it will be? Imagine a double GG at the two Busch parks next year. Here's to dreamin.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Re: New Busch Gardens Tampa Coaster
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 07:44:31 PM »
Given the experience Busch has had with their GCII set down in Florida, I would not hold my breath expecting any wooden coaster there in the near future....

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 07:53:30 PM »
I can pretty much guarantee that it won't be wood. Is Florida finally about to get a substantial Intamin?

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 04:18:57 AM »
They should expand the megalite layout and include longer trains (8-9 cars) with better restraints and roomier cars though. But it wouldn't be very Busch-like to go the cheaper route and buy an Intamin when they could have a more reliable B&M. Of course with the new owners I wouldn't expect them to be as anal-retentive in the quality department as the Busch entertainment company of old was known for.

BGT already has an awesome woodie. They just need to figure out how to keep awesome and enjoyable for the masses.

Edited to clarify. The new owners are more likely to do a better job than the most recent owners, but I doubt anyone will treat the parks the way they used to be treated. There was always a little extra something under the old ownership.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 11:11:10 AM by AV Matt »

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 06:55:47 AM »
Uh, it's not this new owner I'd have been most worried about.  While InBev owned AB, that's when cuts were made and decisions that may or may not have been good for the longterm but certainly were good for the short term financials were made...

Offline GAcoaster

• Jungleland Express
    • GreatAdventureHistory.com
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 10:09:21 AM »
I don't think it will be an INTAMIN. The last INTAMIN ride they installed at at Busch park was Escape From Pompeii, and apparently they swore off working with them after that experience.  Of course things can change, but I wouldn't bank on them working with INTAMIN.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 11:16:13 AM »
Edited above for clarification. The new owner is likely to do great things, (Inbev was slowly killing the parks), but I don't think any new owner from this point on will hold the parks to the original extra high level of quality--the likes of those stories about the coasters' maintenance areas always being spotless for example.

Offline Mike13

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 12:18:06 PM »
How could you be worried about Blackstone owning the parks,when they own parks like Island of Adventure who have even more theming than Busch Parks,and they maintain the parks well.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 01:56:09 PM »
Have you been on spiderman lately?  Blackstone is 100 times better than Inbev for the Busch parks but trust me, they are a money company and the Universal parks are really showing it.

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 10:39:58 PM »
Mhm they should get a B&M Hyper and puti it in BBW place and name it Riding hood

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 10:51:21 PM »
Uh, Big Bad Wolf was in Williamsburg, this discussion is about the Tampa park...

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 12:51:31 AM »
B&M flyer is going where BBW I predict. About the Tampa thing, it could really only be intamin or B&M. Who else makes "big" steel coasters?

What exactly makes a megalite? Matt you mention expanding on it. I thought being small, compact, and affordable was the whole point. Is Farenheit similar to a megalite?

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 09:02:42 AM »
Which brings up an interesting question...is ChanceMorgan ever going to sell another large steel coaster?  Are they even really trying to?

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 11:31:17 AM »
I completely forgot that there is an extremely good Morgan coaster at a Busch park... Steel Eel at Sea World San Antonio. I'd be up for giving Morgan another shot at building a killer steel coaster. Something on the scale of Apollo's Chariot, but with the punch of Steel Eel and Phantom's Revenge would beat any Intamin or B&M.

Intamin Megalite layout is this:  http://cache.rcdb.com/pictures/picmax/p24331.jpg

It's a little small and low on capacity for this park, hence lengthening the trains and making the layout larger.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 12:26:38 PM »
I've seen a megalite before I just don't overly get what the differences are between then and something like Fahrenheit, or even maverick really. They don't have inversions, and they seat about 2/3 the ppl/train. But what else? What do they cost approx? Fahrenheit was 12 mil.

Morgan hasn't made any coasters since 2004, but still listed as in business on RCDB. On their website they still offer 300,200, and 150 hyper coasters.

I'd bet the chances of seeing another are about as good as seeing another B&M stand-up. Ha maybe more like seeing a B&M floorless in N.A.

Offline nitrorox1414

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 02:16:55 PM »
Uh, Big Bad Wolf was in Williamsburg, this discussion is about the Tampa park...

Haha oops.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 09:33:38 PM »
I've seen a megalite before I just don't overly get what the differences are between then and something like Fahrenheit, or even maverick really. They don't have inversions, and they seat about 2/3 the ppl/train. But what else? What do they cost approx? Fahrenheit was 12 mil.

Not sure how much they cost (might be listed on one of the RCDB pages), but being an Intamin product, they will cost less than a comparable B&M.  It's a mini-hyper style coaster in a compact layout. Fahrenheit is similar, but focuses on inversions. Megalites focus on airtime hills.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 06:01:13 PM »
megalites are anywhere from $7.5 mil to $10 mil. They come in different sizes and that's the big price factor for them.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 06:50:03 PM »
So far they all (four) come in the same size.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 03:15:05 PM »
I must be including piraten and exped. ge-force in this then. Cause I thought they were mega-lites.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 07:05:27 PM »
Piraten is a megalite (a production model). Expedition Ge-Force is a larger, custom hyper coaster.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 07:42:07 PM »
Yet again, I'm getting my coasters messed-up.

Offline nitrorox1414

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 09:09:13 PM »
So far they all (four) come in the same size.

What are they called?

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 09:12:02 PM »

Offline nitrorox1414

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 09:25:55 PM »
^Thanks.

All four of them are foreign. We should put one in Kentucky Kingdom!