Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Mr. Cyclone? Miss Cyclone? 21 Male Contestants Vie...  (Read 739 times)

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Mr. Cyclone? Miss Cyclone? 21 Male Contestants Vie...
« on: July 22, 2010, 06:08:39 AM »
To get from the 21 to the final 7, who will compete in a live contest, requires winning online competition:

Erik Knapp of Gerritsen Beach has ridden the Cyclone more than 1,000 times - he even has an image of it tattooed on his arm - and camped out at 3 a.m. to be the first one on when it opened for the season five years in a row.

"Nobody has the credentials that I have," said Knapp, 44. If the fix is not in, I should win."

Robby Corrado, 22, of Park Slope, can rival Knapp's tattoo - with an image of the Cyclone, Wonder Wheel and Parachute Jump taking up a third of his left arm.

"I've got the strength, the endurance and the overall wit to take home the crown," he boasted.

Angie Pontani, the reigning Miss Cyclone since 2006, said she's looking forward to finding a partner.

"It is lonely at the top of the first drop," she said, adding her dream man will have the "guts and endurance ... to ride the Cyclone multiple times in a row - in any seat, said Pontani....

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/brooklyn/2010/07/22/2010-07-22_the_clone_rangers_21_battle_it_out_to_win_mr_cyclone_crown.html