Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Magic Mountain 2011  (Read 2095 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
Magic Mountain 2011
« on: October 14, 2010, 12:32:11 AM »
Park News - (10/14/10) A new promotional video for SFMM’s 2011 plans has been discovered, announcing THREE (3) new coasters coming to the park in 2011. Superman: The Escape will now be called Superman: Escape from Krypton, and does indeed feature backwards trains with a new paintjob on the tower. The top third looks to be all red, with the rest blue, with yellow rails throughout. The big surprise however is next… Green Lantern is coming. Yes, a large green and black coaster is going in the shadow of Batman and Riddler that will be America’s first Intamin ZacSpin. The themeing is very appropriate and looks awesome. Along with the tentatively named “Kids Coaster” coming in 2011 (I guess it really wont be called Mr. Six’s Dance Coaster anymore.) the video ends by pointing out that The Mountain “Recaptures the Coveted Thrill Park Crown” with a record-setting 18 roller coasters. More than any other park on the planet. Go big at SFMM in 2011 for the park’s 40th Anniversary. God Bless Six Flags… they’ve done right by SFMM once again as we say hello to Project 18.

Sigh.

Video: http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
Re: Magic Mountain 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 12:37:41 AM »
And we get a recycled ride...

Not bashing the ride since it is a good ride (I've been on it) but it just sucks to see another SF get so much.

Superman does deserve the TLC though. Long overdue.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 12:39:31 AM by Steve »

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 12:48:28 AM »
Its a shame that we couldn't keep scream machine atleast and get green lantern since they seem to have invested a lot more into Magic mountain this year.

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 12:53:34 AM »
I'm just wondering if this shows a company focus back towards thrill rides and away from family stuff? I mean one of the coasters is a kids coaster, but still..

The whole video just screamed to me HEY WE WANT TO BE #1 IN COASTERS LOOK AT ALL THE MONEY WE THREW AT IT TO GET THE TITLE!

Also that Green Lantern ride looks awesome.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 02:02:03 AM »
Why can't we get some lovin'! What happened to Gadv being a flagship park? Ughhhh I really can't believe SFMM is getting all this attention. They really need some flats out there. I don't really remember there being any really now that I think about lol

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 08:24:41 AM »
/\ for what it's worth, Gadv hasn't made their 2011 announcement yet. GL was only made because it what obvious between parts arriving and GASM going down. Stay tuned... We may not be finished ;).

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 12:18:11 PM »
If there Green Lantern is an Insane clone, they got an AWESOME coaster!

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 12:21:06 PM »
You aren't helping the situation Chuck :)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 01:17:16 PM »
/\ for what it's worth, Gadv hasn't made their 2011 announcement yet. GL was only made because it what obvious between parts arriving and GASM going down. Stay tuned... We may not be finished ;).

I hope so because if there were no coasters GADV would be one boaring place to be ! We have very few limited options and I notice last week that the building that was Fly me to the moon is now storing stuffed animals WHOOO way to go ! at least Fly me to the moon was better then nothing at all !

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 02:13:46 PM »
I would rather have flat rides then that Intamin Zacspin coaster. If you ask me it is a little to similar to X2. It's about time they do something with S:TE!

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 02:59:32 PM »
I know they needed the TLC, but really not as much as you think is being invested. The only thing they have to do to S:TE is repaint it and switch a car, that shouldn't be like the $10 mil invested in Texas Giant for a "whole new experience." The kid's coaster is coming there from what was SFno and that's one investment for the park, but it shouldn't cost more than $1 mil. And then you got the Zacspin, which is the capital investment for the park, which Tele2 Insane is like, should cost around 7 million. All total the park should really be spending about $9-10 mil on 1 new coaster, a recycled ride, and some new paint. Great Adventure spent WAY more than that back in '99 for the War on lines campaign, Medusa actually cost more than what I think SFmm would be spending just by itself.