Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Parking Pass Solution....  (Read 5424 times)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Parking Pass Solution....
« on: April 01, 2006, 08:20:35 AM »
Well mine at least. Here is my idea, Take the sticker and affix it to a magnet that would fit into your wallet. This way whenever you are near the park you can slap it on any vehicle you are driving  that day. Enter the park and put the sticker back into your wallet or car.

Now I just need to find that season parking lot that doesnt exist ? Or does it ?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 09:20:04 AM »
Sadly, that wouldn't work for me because of the ever fragile Patco passes in my wallet  :roll: .

I'm going to try just showing them the sticker when I pull up.  There is NO WAY I'm putting this on a new car!

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 10:09:07 AM »
Why dont you just stick it on the inside window and put postal tape around it that way you arent sticking it to anything really and its easy to move around.

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 12:21:52 PM »
Well, I taped it to the inside of my window and it worked fine today. They just waved me through. As long as they don't get all hardcore with the "Permanently Affixed" thing, I'll be happy.
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 04:31:49 PM »
Same thing here , no problems today!  Just stuck in on a card and in placed in my window.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 07:21:44 PM »
I was concerned about this when I read about it this morning before going to the park.  We had the hang tag and they just waved us through.  I had thought they were going to take it away and give us a sticker.

Even if we do get one, I refuse to stick it on my car.  My car isn't new, but I take good care of it and don't need an unnecessary sticker on it.  Plus, Rich and I take turns driving each time we go.  They need to realize that families these days have multiple cars.  What if you have the sticker on one car and it doesn't start that day--do you just forget about going to the park???  I think the hang tag is the best, but if they feel the need to do something different, they should put the stickers on the season pass like they did a few years back.

Sue

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 08:25:13 PM »
I am not putting that thing on my car either not that i lease my car but if i did that would be a big no,no on returning the car. I own my 04 mini van and paide big bucks for it i am going to put it on a card and leave it in the van when i get to the window i will show it to the person at the gate . I was a little suprised with the sticker . I really like the hang tag hope to see it return maybe next season

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 10:27:26 PM »
There will be some answers coming soon :)  Trust me, they are well aware of the issues here.

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 11:16:30 PM »
Heh, Well If they do read these sites, I'm sure they got a (virtual) earful. I've already sent in my concerns to their puiblic address, and we've also already heard that the GP has been complaining as well. I hope they do have a good solution to this.
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 11:24:09 PM »
Is the past a Sticker  ?  My truck is only 1.5 years old and don't want any sticker.

If I go to buy a pass for the first time at the gate  does it need to be processed  inside the park ?
I ask because the last few years I had a friend that had a pass I just used I never bought one myself.
Yo

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 09:06:40 AM »
Yes its a sticker. It will change though soon enough.

Offline 68CamaroGuy

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 12:47:29 PM »
I'm not applying my parking pass sticker to my vehicle either. I'm just going to show it to the parking attendant like I showed my card. If they try making an issue about the sticker not being stuck to my car then that tells me new management is trying to discourage parking pass purchases so they could milk $15 more out of you on all your visits. If putting a sticker on your vehicle was important to them why not make it so you could stick it on the inside of your car window where it would be safe from being stolen or ruined. Answer: If it gets stolen or ruined due to weather or washing the vehicle then your stuck paying $30 for a new pass or $15 each new visit even though you already paid $30 for a pass to begin with. I'm sure your parking pass is a non refundable item like a season pass.
With enough desire , dedication , dicipline and determination anythings possible.

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 03:00:34 PM »
They didn't give me any problems today when i just showed them the sticker today.

Offline innervision

• VIP
  • Nitro
  • Holy atomic pile, Batman!
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2006, 09:08:10 PM »
Yep, two times now i just hold the sticker up in my window and they wave me through.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2006, 09:19:15 PM »
I TRIED to go to Guest Relations and complain about this on my way out of the park Friday night, but there was a LONG line of people complaining about this!

So...I left.  There is NO way I am putting that sticker on the OUTSIDE of my car.  It isn't going to happen.

If this is Mr. Shapiro's idea of family friendly, he had best think again.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2006, 09:55:35 PM »
Quote from: "innervision"
Yep, two times now i just hold the sticker up in my window and they wave me through.

While we can't officially endorse this, yes, it will work ;)  There is NO WAY I'm sticking that thing on my car!

Offline innervision

• VIP
  • Nitro
  • Holy atomic pile, Batman!
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2006, 11:34:18 PM »
Honestly, Ill stick it to my car, I already bought two of them for my two cars that would go to the park, but its the principal of it. I know its me being really bad about change, because I know a lot of places a parking permit means one car, but I guess jm just resistant to certain change.  :?

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2006, 03:20:27 PM »
It's not really that I'm that upset about it meaning one car or ruining our cars (one 7 years old and the other 16 lol), it's just that sticking it on the outside probably means that someone's will be peeled off and left without one.  Not only that, but I believe it was supposed to be in the driver's passenger's window, which is a tinted window in many new cars and so that doesn't make sense either.
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2006, 03:21:43 PM »
That's my issue, too.  There is no way I am putting a sticker I paid $30 for on the OUTSIDE of my car.  Isn't going to happen.  Nor am I dirtying up a $30,000 automobile with an UGLY parking sticker stuck on a window (which isn't even legal in my state, where I MUST get an inspection sticker).

Six Flags Over Georgia uses decals that affix to the inside of the windshield.  So does Cedar Point.  Why was this so hard to predict this would be an issue?  It isn't like there isn't a lot of vandalism in Jersey, including at the park itself.  Pardon me, but someone wasn't thinking....

I should add that I LOVE Great Adventure, and I come from many, many miles to visit the park.  This has made me, and many others, FURIOUS.  Some way to start being family friendly.  Here, take your fine chariot and put this sticker on the outside.  Sigh.

Then again, isn't this the same park that once insisted that parking stickers go on the driver's outside mirror?

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 08:50:15 PM »
Today i took my season pass and laminated it thanks to 3M which i found at the local CVS. Then i took postal tape and taped it inside the window of the car. My father is going to trip the excess pieces of tape later this weekend so its nice and neat for when i go to the park. Honestly, unless you were to try and touch it, its virtually the same looking as if it were on the outside of the car. It was pretty easy and fast to do and i recommend doing it if you arent going to be switching TOO often.