Industry > Trip Reports and Meeting Plans

TR: Coastermania 2013

<< < (3/6) > >>

B-mac:
Waldameer has RF2, and a pretty good drop tower from what I hear. Definitely worth the trip.

AV Matt:
And a better flume than Cedar Point. ;-)

Same goes for Kennywood. 

Edwardo:
Kennywood is worth it for phantom. Everything else is just a bonus.

AV Matt:
Kennywood is worth it just for Racer. :D

dkny6363:
Racer is not close to the best coaster at kennywood.

I actually really like Waldameer. I wouldn't say the drop tower is a reason to go but a bonus for when you are there.

Reasons to go... Well obviously RF2. Dragons is a very good spinning coaster. If you have never been on this type before, don't expect it to be laime like the 6 flags spinners. It's much much better. Comet is probably my favourite wooden junoir coaster. The flume is great. Whacky shack if you like that kind of thing is well thought of. It's not my type of thing, I thought it was stupid. Pirates cove (a walkthrough) is super funny. They also have decent bumper cars, and all the standard fair rides. Music express, scambler, pirate ship.. etc.

Clint if you can push back your waldameer until night I would highly recomend it. RF2 is one of those that goes from a 7/10 to a 10/10 once its dark. Matt will try to tell you its meh, but he's wrong.

I think waldameer has a poor mans knoebels thing going on. granted its not close its the most similar i've been to. I would take it over Compounce. Not because RF2 is better than Dash, but because it's close enought and the rest of waldameer has more to offer than the lake. They are both way way behind knoebels however.

Clint when are you going? Maybe I can try to make a day trip. It's only 3 hrs for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version