Great Adventure Boards > Great Adventure Chit Chat

2014 Announcement: 415 Drop Tower (inside Ka!); Rolling Thunder Being Removed!

<< < (2/7) > >>

jglonek:
"The name “Zumanjaro” was inspired by the African influences of Safari Off Road Adventure, the attraction that combined Six Flags Great Adventure and Safari into the world’s largest theme park. A newly-themed animal section adjacent to Zumanjaro will feature mischievous and playful Anubis baboons native to Africa. For nearly 40 years, these baboons were a favorite of Safari visitors, but not included in the new Safari Off Road Adventure. "

That makes a little more sense

http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/info/news_NJ2014NewCap.aspx

WadeJ:
/\ Is that the old area you could hang out at behind Ka's tower after the Safari?  Where the summer camp was held?  I'm confused as to whether they are using that area or the old Temple of the Tiger exhibit lol

jglonek:
I have no idea because right under that it mentions Safari Discoveries again!

WadeJ:
Another thought...

I also have to imagine that some sort of shield will be added vertically.  There is no way they'd be launching Ka trains while riders are going up that tower.  Could you imagine being hit by a cell phone right when the train beings its climb up the tower?  And that's not even getting into the possibility of any mechanical bits being tossed around like shreds of cable.  Regardless, I really do sincerely believe they have taken extreme safety into account.  Especially with this being NJ and all lol.

Either way, I'm excited that Ka's location is becoming more of a land that we'll be able to finally interact with.  It's one of the major aspects of Dragster that I love is how even non-riders can feel the vibes off of the ride.  The fact that we end up with a record breaking drop ride to boot is icing on the cake.  Makes you wonder if this is why SFNE ended up with a taller Sky Screamer as a result?

B-mac:
SFNE's Skyscreamer has been in the works since last year. It was supposed to be added last year along with Texas Skyscreamer but something delayed that (Catapult).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version