Industry > Industry News

Thunderbird

<< < (2/4) > >>

WadeJ:

--- Quote from: AV Matt on July 30, 2014, 01:19:46 PM ---Mack is the new king of steel. Hopefully they get to be the new "must-have" soon. 

--- End quote ---
I've been trying to figure out the reasoning behind B&M finally going launched but looking at it this way, I almost wonder if they are starting to reach global market saturation and are now facing increased competition.  I agree - they are becoming the been there done that coaster and Zierer, Zamperla, Mack, Mauer, etc are all coming up with very interesting, though not always great, concepts while B&M's all feel the same.

AV Matt:
B&M likes inversions and swoopy curves. They don't seem to care about airtime. Mack takes after Schwarzkopf and makes their rides more than just endless inversions. 

dkny6363:
It just occurred to me that canadas wonderland will get the 2nd one of these made. Not stoked or disappointed by this.

What are some of the better Mack rides out there. I haven't been as in to coaster knowledge lately. Blue Fire comes to mind. Any good ones in NA?

I don't think thunderbird is too far away. I always liked the idea of a long walk up to a coaster. Looks like they are theming the area up a little bit as well.

AV Matt:
Mack's best rides currently would be the new Helix in Sweden, Blue Fire Mega Coaster in Germany, their take on the Intamin Mega-lite layout (diferent but very similar), the one of a kind Euro-Mir and Euro-Sat also at Europa in Germany, the Wild Mouse at Hershey, Dark Knight Wild Mice at Great America and Great Adventure, Kings Dominion's bobsled coaster, several bobsled coasters in Europe, and Sea World California's Manta is supposed to be pretty good. 

Helix is the steel coaster to beat now IMO.

Robert T Ackerman:

--- Quote from: AV Matt on August 03, 2014, 09:30:12 PM ---

Helix is the steel coaster to beat now IMO.

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah? How long ago did you ride it :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version