Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Long Island Adventureland  (Read 1413 times)

Offline CoasterPete

• Jungleland Express
Long Island Adventureland
« on: April 12, 2006, 11:36:57 PM »
Well today I finally had a day off of no work or school so I decided to officially begin my coaster riding season with a quick 1 hour trip to Adventureland where I simply went to ride the parks two coasters and the new Huss Frisbee aptly named "Frisbee".  The park was very quiet today and I believe that's because half of Long Island schools have off next week, not this week.  After buying my tickets I was off and the first stop was "The Hurricane".  The Hurricane is a SDC Hurricane model and celebrating it's 15th anniversary this year.  Fun ride as always, much smoother than last season when I rode it mid-summer.  Next order up was the new Frisbee.  The park has this rule where there has to be atleast 15 or 20 people on the ride before they can run it.  So I climb aboard and we wait and wait until about 10 mins later we now have enough people to run the ride.  What a great addition Adventureland has here.  I love Huss frisbee's and in fact Pendulum was my favorite flat ride at Great Adventure before it was removed.  I will be making many more trips to Adventureland just for this ride.  The only thing I didn't like too much was the program.  It changed directions too much rather than spinning in one direction for a while picking up crazy speed.  Anyways, after that it was time for a quick ride on the parks Lady Bug Coaster which is a Zierer Tivoli model.  Fun little ride as always and I was just thrilled to be riding another coaster! Ha!  After the Lady Bug I took a Train ride around the park to check things out.  The park looked great for this early in the season and the only ride closed was the Log Flume.  As the season progresses and the trees fill in, this park will be it's beautiful self.  Like I said, a quick 1 hour trip but it was fun.  

The parks new Frisbee!

The Hurricane!

The Lady Bug Coaster!

Cool haunted house.

The park had their new kiddy flume open which replace the Top Scan.

Here's the parks double decker carousel even though the top level is always closed.

Crocedile Run was open!

Just in case you weren't sure which park you were at!

I leave you with one more of the Frisbee!!!

Pete
Florida's hidden secret.....the Dania Beach Hurricane!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 08:06:58 PM »
Glad you got  out to ride some coasters!!

One question.

How long could you spend in this park with out getting to bored,  Just one Hour ?

Offline CoasterPete

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 09:39:10 PM »
No, not at all.  I'd say 3-4 hours is plenty.  I just stopped by for a quick visit to ride a couple rides and I strolled taking my time so I was there about an hour.  Usually I buy a POP band and plan to spend about 3 hours.  There are rarely lines longer than 5 mins for any of the rides.  

Pete
Florida's hidden secret.....the Dania Beach Hurricane!